Sponsored by:

My 964 C2 Transformation Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 12:20 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,773 Likes on 1,081 Posts

ACTION SHOT @ Chuckwalla Valley Raceway
All you SoCal 964 guys need to drive these things on track. Come to our next private day!

Had a chance to look at my data logs today. I was being a ***** in the corners. There is at least 5 more secs there. Overlay to my gt3 that car is faster everywhere, but I should be able to get similar (near) cornering gs. More *** sliding next time.

Thanks to Jerry at BBI Autosport for the shot. He takes great pics.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:13 AM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Great pic !!

Originally Posted by Spyerx
All you SoCal 964 guys need to drive these things on track. Come to our next private day!

Had a chance to look at my data logs today. I was being a ***** in the corners. There is at least 5 more secs there. Overlay to my gt3 that car is faster everywhere, but I should be able to get similar (near) cornering gs. More *** sliding next time.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:13 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,212 Posts

That is a great pic. I have always said how much fun and how capable these cars can be. You just have to have the nerve to push them.

I was at our local AX event yesterday. Came in 40 out of 81 drivers haven't AX'd in a few years need to get my game back. It took most of the day but I am ready for next time. I never expect to come close to FTD as there are some serious SCCA hardcore guys running with AX dedicated cars but I was quite happy with my time considering. I ran about 3-4 seconds behind on a quite quick 1+ mile course in the upper 50 second range some very nice GT4's once I found the groove. I do miss not having harnesses though. Although FTD was 50.2 seconds even Perry Aidelbaum a veteran SCCA driver couldn't keep up with some of these dedicated cars in a GT4.

Glad your enjoying the virtues of the 964
Old 04-18-2016, 12:15 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 752 Posts

Nice shot

It looks so innocent :-)
Old 04-19-2016, 02:30 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Chris,

I drove a C4 with for the first time before buying my car. On the freeway, there were some bump steers at low speed (60 mph). The owner had a set of H&R Deep Coilovers installed and the car is pretty low. I'm thinking of getting the same Coilovers for the same height and I don't plan on tracking the car. My buddy Teddy (FormulaRX) said your setup would potentially minimize/eliminate the bump steer issue. He gave me a list of items from your build and I was wondering, how much would each item cost and in what priority would you give them (assuming I would do each mod slowly).

993 RS Evo Uprights, RS Tie Rods, 993 Front Coils, Big Red Brakes

Thanks for your help again =)
Old 04-19-2016, 02:46 PM
Netbug
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aceking4u
Hi Chris,

I drove a C4 with for the first time before buying my car. On the freeway, there were some bump steers at low speed (60 mph). The owner had a set of H&R Deep Coilovers installed and the car is pretty low. I'm thinking of getting the same Coilovers for the same height and I don't plan on tracking the car. My buddy Teddy (FormulaRX) said your setup would potentially minimize/eliminate the bump steer issue. He gave me a list of items from your build and I was wondering, how much would each item cost and in what priority would you give them (assuming I would do each mod slowly).

993 RS Evo Uprights, RS Tie Rods, 993 Front Coils, Big Red Brakes

Thanks for your help again =)
From my understanding none of the 993 RS Evo stuff is needed unless you go really low. Raising up the C4 would fix all the bump steer. Also check all the bushings to make sure they are not toast.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:57 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 551 Likes on 317 Posts

All you SoCal 964 guys need to drive these things on track. Come to our next private day!!!

Had a chance to look at my data logs today. I was being a ***** in the corners. There is at least 5 more secs there. Overlay to my GT3 that car is faster everywhere, but I should be able to get similar (near) cornering gs. More *** sliding next time.

Thanks for sharing Chris!!! I have a few more to share later today.

- Jerry

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 04-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Really low isn't that low. My car isn't slammed, it's low but it is not that low. As soon as you start changing the angle of the steering rack rods relative to the rack and the upright you change the bump steer geometry. Ideally your alignment guy puts the car on a bump steer setup and measures the range of toe over the suspension motion and finds the ideal setup/compromise. This takes time and someone who knows what they are doing.

If your only goal is to solve bump steer, a spacer set of end links for your steering tie rods. Talk to Joey, BBI, or any of the local shops that can do this, ERP makes a set. I saw a set BBI installed on a 964 with stock uprights.

If you want better brakes, better dampers, better overall front geometry look at the other parts.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:05 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

Originally Posted by Netbug
From my understanding none of the 993 RS Evo stuff is needed unless you go really low. Raising up the C4 would fix all the bump steer. Also check all the bushings to make sure they are not toast.
I plan on doing about 2.25 to 2.5 inch drop. I have a C2 but just used a C4 as the example I experienced. I think the car I drove had about a 2.5 to 3 inch drop.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:07 PM
aceking4u
Instructor

Sounds good Chris. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experience. Will contact Joey when the time is right.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:55 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 551 Likes on 317 Posts

Hello Everyone,

Here are more pictures from our private BBi Autosport Private Track Day

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 04-19-2016, 11:11 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,619 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2016, 11:18 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 752 Posts

I open the bid at a crazy low $50 for the artwork just to get the auction going.
It comes framed, right?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:51 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,619 Likes on 2,308 Posts

^once chris numbers the prints it will be $150
frame is $100 on top
Old 04-19-2016, 11:55 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Post the others :-) Someone had a hidden talent!

Quick Reply: My 964 C2 Transformation Build Thread