Teardown begins. Suspension madness...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 06:00 AM
964C2Touring
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by will1831
@964C2Touring
I would say that you should be able to trust your shop. Especially if you told them your concerns and what target you want. It's quite an overhaul with all the replacement parts you mentioned. The feeling will change and they should get the best alignment out of your setup. Even with mods or the m030.
Where did you drop the car?
Im from Belgium, but car is in the Netherlands.
Old 07-16-2024, 06:02 AM
964C2Touring
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Goughary
Assuming you have stock tire sizes of 225/45/17 and 255/40/17 front to rear (yes i known 205 is stock...but not really)
And assuming you haven't spaced them out so far as to create fitment issues....

Rs+10 and the rest as RS spec is fine. You won't have travel issues.

What you might find, relative to your tires, temperatures, road types etc, that on the street, on street tires, that you don't have enough grip to warrant the RS alignment, and you may find you have too much negative camber, particularly in the front.

For street use, i keep camber down to a small roar, -0.5 degrees front. -1 or just under that in the rear. Reason being, relative to my setup, this is well balanced for me in terms of understeer. I have big sway bars and on coos street tires, the car barely leans, so my setup is where i find max grip. I prefer the stock rs toe settings for street...but truely if i wanted to "drive" all the time, i actually prefer a little tow out. But i don't pay attention anymore enough to warrant those things...so i like it a little easier. My car is very well behaved.

Bottom line...yea you can do rs specs. But if you find the front camber a little pitchy or tram-line-ish...dial that back. You'll have to drive the car hard to really get a sense for what gives better grip. Dead stock alignment is fine for all-around, but i find i need to either add grip to the front or take away from the rear, in general, to get the car balanced out. And the stock alignment and car setup leaves me with way too much understeer. On both c2 and c4
Thanks for the feedback ill take that into account.

Im actually on the stock 205 front

Will be using bolt on spacers 15mm front and rear so going to 7,5 et 50 and 9 et 40.
Old Yesterday, 06:50 AM
964C2Touring
Intermediate

additional question related to setting ride height and alignment, what would be the balast that should be in the car related to fuel, passenger, ...
any recommendations?

and then lastly, cause I cannot get my head around it, lowering the car to rs+10mm = front 125mm + 10mm and rear 223 + 10mm (anybody have any clear info on the rear measurement point as the doc I have notes 2 different measurement points and thus 2 different measurements)

will lowering to those specs change scrub radius and if so how?
as mentioned before, I would be using 7,5 front with et 65 and 15mm spacer thus et50 (instead of et55 for RS) with 205/50 tires and 9 rear wit et 55 and 15mm spacer thus et40 (instead of ET55 for RS), so this might have an impact as well.

I trust the shop, but do wanna know for myself (and others) so want to verify with the community

Thanks!

which point is this in the rear alignment spec?

Quick Reply: Teardown begins. Suspension madness...