xcoldricex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

m&m art

Old 10-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very jealous over here. M&M is on top of my list exhaust wise, if I ever set aside that much for full exhaust. Promodet in Japan is also a great exhaust, but also pricy.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:36 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 83 Posts

:-)

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...l#post12174587
Old 10-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyriviera
Have an M&M system on mine. Excellent quality, great noise. Runs the cats but no heat exchangers. Go to them direct. Sabine is the name of the lady you want to talk to. Took about 3 weeks from order to delivery.
Yup, going direct as I remember you mentioning it on a PCGB forum thread Going for no heat and no cat - works out quite reasonable and hopefully should be ok for the noisier track days.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:10 PM
jimmyriviera
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talat - ask Steve Winter at Jaz re the the exhaust system. He built the motor (in the old shop prior to moving to St A) and fitted the exhaust. Seen the Green Machine down there so I know you use them.

I was originally going with no heat and no cat but M&M recommended to keep the cats on to keep the track day noise police happy. I've struggled at BH then was let on after 3rd test - less revs, clutch disengaged, thoroughly warmed engine etc. It's a PITA and means you lose focus in the immediate term as you are running around trying to get things sorted. Spa / Ring no problem, just waved on with welcoming arms.

Do what you like obviously but giving you a heads up. Speak to Sabine she will advise.

Cheers.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:46 AM
Mikke_Possu
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine system (with cat and heat) noise level is 99db @4500rpm
Old 10-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyriviera
Talat - ask Steve Winter at Jaz re the the exhaust system. He built the motor (in the old shop prior to moving to St A) and fitted the exhaust. Seen the Green Machine down there so I know you use them.

I was originally going with no heat and no cat but M&M recommended to keep the cats on to keep the track day noise police happy. I've struggled at BH then was let on after 3rd test - less revs, clutch disengaged, thoroughly warmed engine etc. It's a PITA and means you lose focus in the immediate term as you are running around trying to get things sorted. Spa / Ring no problem, just waved on with welcoming arms.

Do what you like obviously but giving you a heads up. Speak to Sabine she will advise.

Cheers.
I assume you're talking about the GP rather than the Indy with regards to your noise test ? I've asked for plain round tailpipes so that I can fit decibel reducers if need be but sounds like if you're struggling with cats then I may need to run the reducers as well as cats. I will get them to send me another quote with cats then.

Cheers.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
You should make more audio clips of yours. I had found the actual place with pricing for that exhaust when you posted in that thread, but can't anymore. Sounds perfect for this car though.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:07 PM
jimmyriviera
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Talat
I assume you're talking about the GP rather than the Indy with regards to your noise test ? I've asked for plain round tailpipes so that I can fit decibel reducers if need be but sounds like if you're struggling with cats then I may need to run the reducers as well as cats. I will get them to send me another quote with cats then.

Cheers.
Yes it was GP circuit where they are a lot more sensitive as you infer.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:51 AM
blomman
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikke_Possu
Mine system (with cat and heat) noise level is 99db @4500rpm
How is 99db measured? From the track side och just by the tailpipe?
I´m interested in this m&m full system with cats and heat exchangers for my 964 RS byt in Sweden the limit is 95db measured from the trackside. Its hard for a 991 gt3rs for example to clear that level.

jonas
Old 09-29-2017, 08:38 AM
Mikke_Possu
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by blomman
How is 99db measured? From the track side och just by the tailpipe?
I´m interested in this m&m full system with cats and heat exchangers for my 964 RS byt in Sweden the limit is 95db measured from the trackside. Its hard for a 991 gt3rs for example to clear that level.

jonas
Jonas,

From tailpipe. Sensor is 45 degrees from pipe. I don't think you pass 95 dp level. We have same here in Ahvenisto and without noise day I'm not allow to drive there.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:41 PM
blomman
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikke_Possu
Jonas,

From tailpipe. Sensor is 45 degrees from pipe. I don't think you pass 95 dp level. We have same here in Ahvenisto and without noise day I'm not allow to drive there.
Ok, Thanks for info!
today with 100cell, cup pipe, lb2 the 95db level is not a problem, m&m is noticable louder?
Old 09-29-2017, 08:53 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

I have to say, a cat bypass and a cup pipe, leaving the original secondary (the better flowing of the two original mufflers) gives an incredible note for a really great price point. I did it as a short term solution before matching a pair of headers with a complete engine tune (Motec, intake, cam, header) and I have to say, I'm going to have a hard time giving up this sound even at the tradeoff for more power.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:18 PM
dlpalumbo
Racer

Cat bypass plus primary bypass often results in blown secondary. I've been running primary bypass for years with no problem. Many who report blown secondary also had cat bypass. Might depend on how hard you drive.

Dan
Old 10-01-2017, 02:59 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
great design !

Quick Reply: hayward and scott exhaust.