Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please ALL read - VERY IMPORTANT

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 10:35 AM
scupper
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kahdmus, there is little that is more precious than the right to speak your mind. It is one of the reasons I live in the USA. So I'm sorry but I don't agree with you stating that putting a view is objectionable. Because whether one agrees or disagrees with what Django has to say, Django has a right to say it.
Oh good grief! This thread is getting asinine!

Yeah, every one has the right to speak their mind. But postings on the board should meet the test of tastefullness and propriety; Django's meet neither in my veiw. But I guess this is today's crass "in your face" world. I can do without it.

Also posting this message to bump it up. Keep the faith, Adrian!

Chuck
93 C2
(feeling like a curmudgion today )
Old 09-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by scupper
Oh good grief! This thread is getting asinine!

Yeah, every one has the right to speak their mind. But postings on the board should meet the test of tastefullness and propriety; Django's meet neither in my veiw. But I guess this is today's crass "in your face" world. I can do without it.

Also posting this message to bump it up. Keep the faith, Adrian!

Chuck
93 C2
(feeling like a curmudgion today )
I'm going to stick with the thoughts of my original post - as badly and piously expressed as they were. Two key points in that post not extracted in the quote (1)It drives me nuts to think that a regular contributor may have had to use a nom de plume. And (2) again the good thing about someone stating a strong point of view is that it forces you to decide on which side of the fence that you belong which I think will end up in (a) many people saying why they support Adrian's cause and (b) Adrian's charity getting more contributions.

Bump 2 And, yes I agree with Chuck - Keep the Faith Adrian!

Ruairidh (also feeling like a curmudgeon today )

Last edited by Ruairidh; 09-07-2003 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:59 PM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Default Site update

Right, both my personal website and my Porsche 964 site now feature a link to Natalie Louise Streather. The Nurburgring related section has a link too.

HTH,

JW
Old 09-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Frank Bentz
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being a recent reader of this wonderful forum I have been continually amazed at the unselfishness of it's members.. The enthusiastic sharing of very useful, if not outright expensive advice about virtually anything to do with our special car. Even when people ask for the "cheapest" way to modify their $30,000 car, their requests are generally met with sound advice, and not rebuke or sarcasm.
Whenever an opportunity arises such as this, when we can give something back however little we should be grateful.
Little people who disagree and use such an opportunity to grandstand their views on charitable giving are not worth our time or energy.
Frank
P.S. I was astounded to see how many people logged on to read the original comment.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Syd B.
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 339 Posts

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
Old 09-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

These last two posts really sum this up IMHO...
Old 09-07-2003, 12:36 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I hope Frank that you do not mind but seeing as the has been some negativity on what I we trying to do I wish to give back a little more information that I normally would at this time.
When we get to the stage (raised enough money) the grants, awards, scholarships will be named after other lost children or adults to drugs. The FIRST grant will be named after a fellow Rennlisters daughter. Natalie Bentz. Two Natalies, lost to drugs. Both daughters of Rennlisters. Now the question was; What has this got to do with a Porsche forum? 964 owners? I am sure that the doubters do not need to be brain surgeons to work this one out.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4

PS: Since I lost my Natalie I have been contacted by many Rennlisters who lost children in similar circumstances. They WILL be honoured as part of our plan with their parents permission. This is not just about the Streather family and the ogre Adrian who seems to induce a massive dislike among some people. This is about Rennlist, about people and about those who have lost something most precious.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Bump

Adrian, I doubt there is any other Rennlister who is more admired or respected for their contributions, advice or friendship. That I think comes out clearly day in day out if you read these boards. There will be detractors, there always are - I'd recommend dealing with any legitimate concerns and shrug off the rest. Keep your focus and faith 'cos making this fund into a stunning success is what it should be all about.

Ciao
Old 09-08-2003, 04:17 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Ruairidh,
I would like nothing more not to have to defend what I am doing. Posts were made by people not making legitimate concerns but who tried to put doubt into peoples minds. If people have legitimate concerns they could
a). just not bother to donate or b). at least have the courtesy to contact me privately and ask. I am forced to respond to these posts because if I do not there will be some who will say I am afraid to answer "legitimate concerns". I wish I could shrug it off but when somebody makes a great big long post behind an invented character then I have to act. Sadly I believe these posts made by the unidentified Durango and by Dave R. have convinced people not to donate. Donations have dried up. 40 people have donated via paypal so far. This represents 0.0027% of all subscribed rennlisters on all rennlist services. Only this thread on this forum keeps the cause alive.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 09-08-2003, 04:32 AM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Adrian
Dear Ruairidh,
I would like nothing more not to have to defend what I am doing. Posts were made by people not making legitimate concerns but who tried to put doubt into peoples minds. If people have legitimate concerns they could
a). just not bother to donate or b). at least have the courtesy to contact me privately and ask. I am forced to respond to these posts because if I do not there will be some who will say I am afraid to answer "legitimate concerns". I wish I could shrug it off but when somebody makes a great big long post behind an invented character then I have to act. Sadly I believe these posts made by the unidentified Durango and by Dave R. have convinced people not to donate. Donations have dried up. 40 people have donated via paypal so far. This represents 0.0027% of all subscribed rennlisters on all rennlist services. Only this thread on this forum keeps the cause alive.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Adrian

Has the cause been promoted elsewhere on Rennlist or just the 964 board?

Cheers
Old 09-08-2003, 04:56 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

PLease, everyone, don't fall into the trap of thinking everyone else is doing it - it's not the case. EVERY contribution is very important.

To help to make something positive out of young people's tragic deaths has got to be something worth making a little effort for. Especially when it so directly affects our friends.

Just try to imagine for a moment how it must feel to Adrian and the other people involved to see such a muted response to this. If you have your own reasons for not donating then that's fair enough (maybe) but, if you just haven't got to it - please DONATE!

When you have done so, please put a post on this thread, so it keeps nudging others to do it.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:05 AM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by JB
PLease, everyone, don't fall into the trap of thinking everyone else is doing it - it's not the case. EVERY contribution is very important.

To help to make something positive out of young people's tragic deaths has got to be something worth making a little effort for. Especially when it so directly affects our friends.

Just try to imagine for a moment how it must feel to Adrian and the other people involved to see such a muted response to this. If you have your own reasons for not donating then that's fair enough (maybe) but, if you just haven't got to it - please DONATE!

When you have done so, please put a post on this thread, so it keeps nudging others to do it.
I'll second that. Dunno who JB is, though
Old 09-08-2003, 05:19 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally posted by Phil Raby
Well if a pseudonym is good enough for the Blue Shadow...
Old 09-08-2003, 05:29 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Phil Raby
I'll third that. Who is this JB fellow?
Old 09-08-2003, 05:36 AM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Ruairidh
I'll third that. Who is this JB fellow?
Some dodgy character, but at least he'd keeping this thread where it belongs - at the top!

Quick Reply: Please ALL read - VERY IMPORTANT