Sponsored by:

Peppa 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:46 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Peppa is for sale.

Thanks guys for all the kind words and I promise that once hiccups are dealt with I will be back. I was talking to Paul Sage earlier today who has invested much time on the car and he was very pragmatic about it, basically saying that the car was an extension of my personality and that I could definitely build another one once the world allows me get off and take a breath.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:50 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Default Peppa - the essential specs

For Sale

This is Peppa.

1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 - £45,000

I built this car without compromise to be able to be driven all day and every day. She is running on high performance winter tyres which is a statement of intent and testament to the faith I have in this car to take me anywhere I want to go.
It represents what I believe to be the pinnacle of the aircooled era.
Body :- Rare factory sunroof delete model. Recent body work includes windscreen scuttle repair and remedial work to any panel that needed anything doing. Front bumper has had headlight washers removed for a cleaner look. All body work carried out by Precision Porsche.
Porsche 993 roof spoiler/third brake light.
Engine.
Full Engine rebuild carried out my Paul Sage of Jota Engineering. This was a no expense spared rebuild and includes lightweight clutch and flywheel. New oil pump, billet aluminium valve covers, orange powder coated plenum and cooling fan. The car was also fitted with brand new Fabspeed full stainless exhaust with heat exchangers and headers saving weight and increasing BHP. Billet aluminium valve covers. Steve Wong chip has been fitted. Very clean and dry. It runs like an absolute dream.
Gearbox was rebuilt at the same time.
Suspension: Full Bilstein PSS9 coilover adjustable shocks. Track proven and remarkably compliant on the road. Currently set on the lowest setting but can be dialled up to full hard for track use. She corners flat and the characteristic oversteer of the C4 has been all but dialled out.
Rennline Strut brace.
Brakes: 993 Callipers Front, vented/drilled Discs. 964 Front Callipers on Rear with vented/drilled discs. She definitely stops. Callipers were completely refurbished and finished in Porsche Orange.
Lights. Fronts upgraded to HIDs for dipped and full beam. All new rear lenses and rear reflector, clear front indicators and side markers.
Techart front fogs and brake ducts fitted and fully plumbed in by Precision Porsche during bodywork.
Wheels : 17” 996 10 spokes in satin black on Falken HS439
Interior : Interior change from cream to all black using lightweight carpet set and new floor pads. Headlining is original black and in perfect condition. Front seats swapped for Recaro Speeds retrimmed in summer 2014 to black buffalo leather outers and genuine alcantara centres with orange double stitched detailing. Rear seats standard black vinyl in great condition.
Momo alcantara Porsche Cup steering wheel.
Rev counter coloured in Orange and rotated. Carbon fibre door sill covers, handbrake tray, door ends and oddments tray in Centre console.
Rennline polished aluminium gear ****, black anodised aluminium door openers and door buttons. Subtle but the feel is more solid.

ICE: Techart 964 Rear speaker shelf covered in black Alcantara with Orange double stitched detailing. Slimline Subwoofer under driver’s seat. Morel speakers all round. Alpine Bluetooth DAB headunit. Quality rather than volume. Cat 1 Alarm Immobiliser.
Fully working HVAC unit and airconditioning.
Despite its stunning looks this car is definitely a ‘Go Car not a Show Car’. It was built to be driven.
I really have lost count (chosen to forget) exactly how much this car has had spent on her to achieve my ambition of building a driveable (track and road) car. The asking price reflects the true value of this vehicle. It cannot be rebuilt for this price and is unique.
Thanks for Looking.

Proud member of L9O, Rennlist and Porsche Club of Great Britain.
Engineered by Jota Engineering and Tower Porsche.
Body by Precision Porsche
Attached Images  

Last edited by MusicMadMike; 01-08-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: forgot the price
Old 01-08-2015, 07:09 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
Thanks guys for all the kind words and I promise that once hiccups are dealt with I will be back. I was talking to Paul Sage earlier today who has invested much time on the car and he was very pragmatic about it, basically saying that the car was an extension of my personality and that I could definitely build another one once the world allows me get off and take a breath.
He is absolutely right. You made the car not the other way around.

Cars will come and go, but your personality remains forever. So when the next one comes about it'll be a reflection of you once again
Old 01-11-2015, 04:23 AM
Tonser
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to the L90 Facebook ad, I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Michael yesterday and having some 'quality time' with Peppa. What a car, the best one I've driven and I've looked at a few over the past few months! The engine purrs super smoothly, the suspension setup is great, very flat through the corners, but not at all harsh for road use. The whole package sits together perfectly from the recaros to the stance to the sound of that Fabspeed exhaust ! Lovely

Reading through this and Mikes first thread only go to prove the amount of love, attention and detail ( not to mention the £) that has gone in to this car. As you'd expect, the car has had a lot of interest and someone is going to be very lucky to become Peppa's next custodian. Fingers crossed it'll be me That's making things tricky as we pack for a house move today - these things never come up for sale at quiet times do they !!!
Tony
Old 01-12-2015, 03:52 PM
too old for this
Intermediate

Is that the same Tonser with the black beetle cab?If so and you buy Mike's I can store it here for you(Rickmansworth) securely whilst you move.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Tonser
Intermediate

Sure is Alex Hows tricks ? Hope all is good with you.

Thanks very much for the offer - much appreciated. We've a two week overlap of the two houses luckily, so I can store it at the old place, whilst we finish painting up the new garage

Funny timing today - I've just spent the day coating the new doors with Oslo Polyx which you recommended to me sometime ago

Tony
Old 01-12-2015, 06:34 PM
too old for this
Intermediate

All good here mate welcome to the 64 club, lot of VAG guys make the logical progression, hopefully see you at some L90 stuff soon (cracking car,only met Mike once, seemed a real nice guy)
Old 01-13-2015, 05:58 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 76 Posts

Good luck Mike. All the great (and overall balanced) work and bits done are other's reference points of what is possible. I hope we see you all back here before long with the next 911 adventure.

Two or three years back you dropped off a set of refurbed metallic dark grey cup 2's in Balham that I bought from you. I still have them, still in good nick and moved over to my 968S. With the wider offset they look brilliant on that car (and handier on the track too!).

Top bloke...

Marcus
Old 02-06-2015, 06:18 AM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Default Movin' on but hoping to come back

So Guys I've just returned from a very healing trip to Whistler with some great friends. Peppa has of course been sold to a top guy who I'm sure you'll all welcome in with as much generosity of spirit as you all did to me.

I fully intend to get back in the pilot seat of another 964 as soon as possible and start the game again. It really is too much fun to be away from.

In the meantime I intend to hook up with you guys in whatever metal I happen to be driving at one of the next couple of L9O meets. I narrowly missed out on a Nogaro Blue RS2 this week, which has lot of common genes with the 964.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for all the advice, help, laughs and of course a very memorable Sunday at Spa last year.

Cheers guys

Mike
Old 02-06-2015, 06:42 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Great to hear from you Mike, look forward to seeing you before too long.

If you fancy a blast over to Spa in March in whatever you will know where to find us!
Old 02-06-2015, 07:54 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Good to hear from you mate. See you soon I hope!

Quick Reply: Peppa 2.0