Sponsored by:

Peppa 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 07:31 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Peppa 2.0

So it's been a while since I last posted so I thought I'd give you an update on what I've done over the last couple of months. I always had a problem with the linen interior of the car. I use the car for everything and I just couldn't keep it clean. So black was the only way to go.

I bought a new carpet set from Appbiz in the US shortly after buying the car but when the engine went bang all money was diverted that way. I located a really good set of door cards, pockets, rear quarters, rear seats and additional trim parts. I already had the Recaro Speed seats so my black interior was ready to go.

Tower Porsche is very close to where I work and they are great bunch of blokes so I tasked them to take care of the interior. The driver side sill was in a bit of a state with some quite bad rust bubbles so a new sill panel was welded in. I got new door rubbers as the old ones were rubbish. I also went for some carbon fibre sill trims instead of the standard rubber items to continue the hopefully subtle CF theme.

One of major issues with the car has always been the lights. I live in the country and street lights are few and far between and with the daylight saving I'm spend most of my time driving in the dark. John at Tower Porsche advised that he had fitted many HID kits and that he was able to guarantee that the headlight spread and dazzling oncoming drivers would not be a problem. So on they went.

The front speakers were completely shagged so they were replaced with new ones from Porsche. Now I know that I could have gone for an upgraded speaker but I have other plans for speakers in the car so the Porsche fronts were adequate enough.

After everything was fitted I had to go back to have a new winder mech and membrane fitted to the drivers door.

Recently the car had been suffering from issues with stalling. Having checked everything obvious and also having fitted a Steve Wong chip to help increase HP and also address what I thought was the classic LWF stalling it still wasn't working. John had a recently newly refurbished air flow meter in the workshop and offered to try it on the car.
The result was far more dramatic than I ever could have imagined. The stalling issue was completely gone. In addition the engine was now spinning with turbine like ferocity and the Steve Wong chip could finally be felt. It really is like a completely different car. I don't know what she's putting out now but I like it. Alot. My air flow meter was sent away for refurbishment and is now installed. The car is just running brilliantly. I am now calling her Peppa 2.0

Here are a few shots of the interior and lights.
Attached Images      
Old 11-23-2013, 07:35 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Default Peppa 2.0

And a few shots of the lights etc. Sorry about the Iphone quality. Camera is currently not working...
Attached Images      
Old 11-23-2013, 07:40 PM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

LOVELY!!!! Are those recaro recliners? Suit really well!!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:00 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Originally Posted by jack.pe
LOVELY!!!! Are those recaro recliners? Suit really well!!
Yes mate they are recliners. I find them really comfortable and they're much lighter than the originals.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:44 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Looking forward to seeing what you do next... Peppa 3.0
Old 11-24-2013, 03:07 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks great - can't wait to shed my linen either!
Which app biz weight did you choose and how does it compare?
Old 11-24-2013, 03:58 AM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:30 AM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks a lot better ,very nice
Old 11-24-2013, 04:59 AM
orp73
Racer

Nice job
Old 11-24-2013, 05:23 AM
Masher
Instructor

Looking fantastic.. Nice job.

What wheels are they? I am thinking of getting the 996 10 spokes on mine refurbed in Mat black.. Is that what yours are or are yours 18 inch 10 spokes? They look really good to me.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:35 AM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Originally Posted by Masher
Looking fantastic.. Nice job.

What wheels are they? I am thinking of getting the 996 10 spokes on mine refurbed in Mat black.. Is that what yours are or are yours 18 inch 10 spokes? They look really good to me.
Mate they are the same as yours, 17" 10 spokes, powder coated in Satin black. Definitely a better job for winter but look good all the time. Actually, I bought them after seeing them on yours in that feature with Centre Gravity. Great wheel very lightweight and really suits the 964 Profile I think.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:45 AM
bigunit_271078
Burning Brakes

Looks great mike. Any more info on the hid's? I assume not mot issues with these?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:50 AM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Originally Posted by bigunit_271078
Looks great mike. Any more info on the hid's? I assume not mot issues with these?
I don't think there will be. Apparently they are a clever design that moves the bulb for full and dipped. I have done aot of miles since having them fitted and not one person has flashed me in the opposite direction and looking at the beam spread they are the same as normal H4s just alot brighter. I'll find out the make and pass on.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:02 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great stuff. She's looking so damn good. Really some great choices you've made there. Loving the black wheels also.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:49 AM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
I don't think there will be. Apparently they are a clever design that moves the bulb for full and dipped. I have done aot of miles since having them fitted and not one person has flashed me in the opposite direction and looking at the beam spread they are the same as normal H4s just alot brighter. I'll find out the make and pass on.
Please do as I've been putting this job off as I have the same problem as you living in the sticks "no street lights" and the standard lights are poor at best but didn't want them looking to modern like hid lights tend to...that trim looks so much better

Quick Reply: Peppa 2.0