Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project "Green with envy" 964 C4

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 11:31 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're looking for a spare pair of seats bud, there's a stupidly cheap set on Edition 38 at the moment.

Postage would cost you a few quid tho I bet!

No affiliation, just saw them

http://www.edition38.com/forums/inde...e#entry5254000

Chris
Old 08-01-2013, 04:13 PM
dandee
Advanced

Thanks for the heads up on the seats, deutchland-dobson.
But as you say.. the shipping cost would be astronomical i believe. Besides my seats are not the "problem". All the green carpet is a bit.. much.. Only thing missing is a greenman suit. I need one of theese for the next local carshow.

Btw, your car is kickass. Looks so awesome with that setup.

Todays work:

Finished up on the new AC Condensor. Since the car was bought with the leaky condenser disassembled, I now need to source the hardware and bolts for mounting it in the car. Oh and new O-rings.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:46 PM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Cheers bud

You could always tone-down that green carpet by fitting black overmats?

I did this with my Linen interior.

Chris
Old 08-05-2013, 02:48 PM
dandee
Advanced

Yeah.. well..

Tried to bleed the hydraulic system today..

Looks like I'm in the need for a new accumulator. Can't be bothered to drill out the rest of the breather nipple. It looked like it was cross-threaded anyways. It sat crooked. Oh well.. Old cars..
Old 08-06-2013, 05:17 AM
dandee
Advanced

While contemplating on a new accumulator, or drilling out the remains of the bleeder nipple, I found some leftover parts from previous projects.

My lambo brakes. 8pot Brembo GT spec.
Would be awesome to fit theese badboys. However, I do not intend on running 18s in the wintertime, so i believe they are too big.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 AM
Szpet
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Great color!! :-)
Old 08-06-2013, 06:51 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Loving the 8 pots!

What would it take to fit them? Custom brackets?

Chris
Old 08-06-2013, 07:21 AM
dandee
Advanced

Thanks Szpet. You too!

@Chris

I do believe Brembo has some brackets to fit the 6 pot Version our 964's, but I haven't researched it yet. I also have a guy who could make me some custom brackets.
As i recall, the smallest rotor size would be 355x34 for the 8 pots.

Would be a fun little project. Even though it would be easier to sell them and buy a set of big reds.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:45 PM
dandee
Advanced

Yesterday i swapped my ignition switch.
The old one was fubar, and I had to fiddle with the key to get the HVAC and lights to work. Funny thing is the one i removed, had a 928 part number. Must have been swapped one time or another during its life.

Dead easy swap, took me about 10 minutes.
One more thing of my checklist.

Today I went on a beer run to Sweden with my gf. About a 4 hour drive in total.

Trip went fine. However.. I really need to bleed my clutch slave cylinder. If weather permits, It'll be done tomorrow.

Cheers!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dandee
Thanks Nski Yeah, Edition38 was great. I've been to a lot of shows in Europe and US, but there is something about the quality of UK cars.
My dream is to deliver my car to Plush or some of the other big guns over there.
I tell you what, I can't wait to get this thing on the ground. I've been through a few coilover sets that didn't lower the car enough. My FKs were maxed out, no helpers, My KW didn't go nearly low enough. (On my MK5)
And I'm looking forward to investigating what offsets and dimensions I'll run on the 964. I love proper fitment.
Btw, I love your white 964, Nski.. A true inspiration

Todays task:

While waiting for parts, I started refurbishing the Cup1's
They are curbed to hell and back by the previous owner, But after a lick of paint and some polish, they looked a lot better.
What are you trying to achieve when taking your car to Luke at Plush? If you want suspension set up give me a message and I can hook you up;-) Please do say ur going to run air!!!!

Now all the low suspension kits have all changed due to KW and H&R making Ultra low kits, whom you could speak with Mr Sweetland whom is UK agent for H&R then there is Mr Good at KW;-)
Old 08-23-2013, 08:36 AM
dandee
Advanced

Not really much to report. Still waiting for parts. (H&R)
Swapped a few broken and brittle parts.

Also recieved the Cup Mirrors and 993 door handles. They will be in for a lick of Oak Green metallic asap. Ordered new gaskets aswell.

I also found out that member ToreB lives 5 mins. away from my home.
So naturally I popped by, and bought a T-OBD kit and T-Lock keyless entry system. Installed it under the passenger seat, and voila; a "modern" solution.
Did the idle adaption with scan-tool, and I haven't stalled since. Quite awesome.

Next up:
Install the AC condensor and fill the system.
New engine mounts. They are shot.
New accumulator. (nipple snapped off)
New brake pads. (worn out)
Install H&R coilovers
Install cup mirrors and door handles
Engine tune up.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:39 PM
c didy
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by dandee
Also recieved the Cup Mirrors and 993 door handles. They will be in for a lick of Oak Green metallic asap. Ordered new gaskets aswell.

I also found out that member ToreB lives 5 mins. away from my home.
So naturally I popped by, and bought a T-OBD kit and T-Lock keyless entry system. Installed it under the passenger seat, and voila; a "modern" solution.
Did the idle adaption with scan-tool, and I haven't stalled since. Quite awesome.

Install H&R coilovers
Install cup mirrors and door handles
Engine tune up.

This is great stuff. I wish I had the time and the skills to make lists like these and then cross them off as you are. It appears that this is not your first rodeo.

Are you going to cut the wires for the mirrors or pull the current ones to install the connector?

Also, I think a lot of us would be interested in the keyless entry dealio. What was involved in Tore's remote lock install and how long did it take?
Old 08-24-2013, 01:47 PM
dandee
Advanced

Originally Posted by c didy
This is great stuff. I wish I had the time and the skills to make lists like these and then cross them off as you are. It appears that this is not your first rodeo.

Are you going to cut the wires for the mirrors or pull the current ones to install the connector?

Also, I think a lot of us would be interested in the keyless entry dealio. What was involved in Tore's remote lock install and how long did it take?
Yeah, time is always a problem.. This is actually my first Porsche-related rodeo. Been around the block with VAG products though. I do everything except paintwork and internal engine stuff myself.

As for the mirrors, I'll have to see what it looks like when removing the flags. Seeing this is a quality car, I'm not tempted to do shortcuts. I want this one to be done proper.

The T-lock was awesome. I am by no means affiliated with ToreB in any way. Just recommending a great product.
I believe the instructions are downloadable from his webpage. It took me about 30 minutes to install. Hiding the control unit where the central locking ecu is located. In my case under the passenger seat. I would rate the install a 3 out of 10 in difficulty. If you have hooked up a stereo unit before, you can do this.

Oh btw. I have the best girlfriend in the world. I recieved this as a gift.
That's love and understanding for you.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:34 PM
dandee
Advanced

Aaaaw yeeeah.
This arrived today:

My precious H&R Monotubes.
The plan was to get rid of my altitude sickness..
Remember this:

Well.. After a couple of hours..

Sorted!

I only had time to do the front this evening. Will do the rears on friday, weather permits.
I'm really pleased with the look. Can't wait to get the allignment right.

Moar pix:

Old 08-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Are those the ultra low AH / Rotiform H&R coilovers?

Quick Reply: Project "Green with envy" 964 C4