Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine had sagged similar to the pic above. I've replaced them with 993 C4 mounts but tbh haven't noticed a great deal of difference.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:26 PM
OlberJ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How hard are the tranny mounts to do?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:20 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandit
Wevo motor mounts, all the cool kids are doing it. You want to be a cool kid, right? /peer pressure
Aggghhh, darn you! I want to be a cool kid after all. Budget? What budget? Wevo mounts it will be.

Originally Posted by HalV
Laurent, That's how my mounts looked, too. I decided to replace them with the Wevos but I'm sure the 993s will work fine. The new mounts made a significant difference in the way the car handled.
They were pretty easy to install. Let me know if you need any help.
Hal - I've decided to get the Wevo Blacks (same as yours I believe) but install will have to wait due to upcoming shoulder surgeries. No monkeying around tight spaces for a while.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:34 AM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OlberJ
How hard are the tranny mounts to do?
HARD

For C2 anyway, it doesn't unbolt easily like the engine mounts do, and is pressed into place in the nose of the trans. Some ppl are handy enough to get it out without removing the trans, but I'd say for most ppl it'll be something you get done professionally when the trans is out
Old 08-15-2013, 11:27 AM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LPMM
Aggghhh, darn you! I want to be a cool kid after all. Budget? What budget? Wevo mounts it will be.

Hal - I've decided to get the Wevo Blacks (same as yours I believe) but install will have to wait due to upcoming shoulder surgeries. No monkeying around tight spaces for a while.
Ouch! I had shoulder surgery a year ago from yesterday. Good luck and make sure you are diligent with the PT (just don't over-do it). Let me know when you're ready to install and I'll lend you a hand.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:43 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Earlier in this thread I posted pics of how far my engine mounts have sagged. I just ordered Wevo mounts (gotta be a cool kid) and that had me thinking of my dumb question of the day:
Will the new mounts raise my engine by how much sag I am currently looking at?
Reason for asking is that I am worried about possible exhaust clearance issues with the bumper as shown in the attached pic, but I hope this is adjustable so that I can drop the tips if needed.
Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes, the tips will move according to the engine sag.

That exhaust appears to be aftermarket, but the OEM exhaust tip can be adjusted.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:04 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Ah, thanks and yes this is an aftermarket B&B exhaust. Time to crawl under the car and see where it can be adjusted.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:56 AM
OlberJ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Babalouie
HARD

For C2 anyway, it doesn't unbolt easily like the engine mounts do, and is pressed into place in the nose of the trans. Some ppl are handy enough to get it out without removing the trans, but I'd say for most ppl it'll be something you get done professionally when the trans is out
Thanks, I'll do them when i do the clutch.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:06 AM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LPMM - Out of interest have you had any heat transferance onto the rear qtr bumper exhaust cut out/ Reason I ask is I had a nice after-market exhaust tip which didn't protrude much (if at all from the bumper) and despite being approx half-inch away began to yellow the lacquer on the bumper due to heat? I was concerned it may melt/deform it so have gone bay to my original tip.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:45 PM
LPMM
Drifting

I just installed the Wevo engine mounts and I am glad I went with those, they are really nice. A big thanks to HalV for coming over for moral support since he had already done it, but mainly for doing an outstanding job holding the light. J/K thanks Hal and it was great meeting you. Let me know when you are ready for your short shift kit and I'll bring my light.

Originally Posted by Zingari
LPMM - Out of interest have you had any heat transferance onto the rear qtr bumper exhaust cut out/ Reason I ask is I had a nice after-market exhaust tip which didn't protrude much (if at all from the bumper) and despite being approx half-inch away began to yellow the lacquer on the bumper due to heat? I was concerned it may melt/deform it so have gone bay to my original tip.
Yes, there is a bit of yellowing but no melting or deformation of the bumper itself. One of the tips protrudes more than the other, so I may look to see if there is any adjustment fore/aft
Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rs mounts

I just installed the factory RS mounts. wow, they are great. had a little vibration at idle here and there, after 50 miles, there gone. car is rock solid, when you make sudden and abrupt direction changes. highly recommended.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:50 AM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LPMM
I just installed the Wevo engine mounts and I am glad I went with those, they are really nice. A big thanks to HalV for coming over for moral support since he had already done it, but mainly for doing an outstanding job holding the light. J/K thanks Hal and it was great meeting you. Let me know when you are ready for your short shift kit and I'll bring my light.
Laurent, it was great to meet you, too. I'm glad that I was able to put my expert light holding skills to good use. I was daydreaming about the short shift kit yesterday (as I was fixing my lawn mower). I need to start putting a Spring parts list together.

Quick Reply: Engine mounts?