Rennsport comes to Australia!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rennsport comes to Australia!

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/11/08/...torsport-park/

Sydney Motorsport Park will host the largest gathering of Porsches at one race venue next May, which will include rounds of the Porsche Carrera Cup Australia Championship as well as Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge.

Having taken inspiration from similar events in North America, the inaugural Porsche Rennsport Australia Motor Racing Festival will be held on May 25 and 26 next year at the Eastern Creek venue.

Racing and road going Porsches of all types and vintage will share the circuit, with seven different categories of Porsche racing (including Regularity and Sprints for Porsche Club cars) to highlight the two day event.

The Carrera Cup and GT3 Cup Challenge events will both count towards each of their championships.

“Porsche Rennsport Australia is shaping up as the must-attend event for all Porsche enthusiasts in 2013,” says Porsche Cars Australia Marketing director Kevin Nicholls.

“With over 60 years of Porsche history in Australia we have a large customer and fan base to draw from. The cars, the people, the tales … the opportunity to be Porsche proud for an entire weekend and share a love of the brand will be on offer to all.”

Local and rare historic Porsches as well as famous racing cars from the Porsche Museum in Germany will be on display as well as performing demonstration laps.
Woohoo!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool - sounds like a great reason for a trip across the ditch!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 AM
NCB964
Intermediate

Finaly a decent motorsport event that's not in Melbourne
Old 11-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

I reckon entering the Porsche club sprint will be fun (and is free parking close to the action)
Old 11-09-2012, 06:00 AM
AB-Oz
Instructor

I might just have to attend, might need a proper tune-up first...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 PM
NCB964
Intermediate

Rennsport Australia bookings and entry are now open.

http://www.rennsportaustralia.com.au

Porsche Cars Australia is pleased to announce entries are now open for the Porsche Rennsport Australia Motor Racing Festival to be held on the weekend of May 25 and 26, 2013 at Sydney Motor Sport Park.
The format of the exclusive all-Porsche event will be centred on the Porsche Carrera Cup Australia and Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Australia which will both headline the weekend’s racing schedule. Other events will include several all-Porsche races, Regularities and historic demonstrations on both Saturday and Sunday.
Recent improvements to the circuit facilities will allow the entire circuit, figure 8, skid pan and four wheel drive track to facilitate various events and activities throughout the weekend. Off-track attractions will include the Porsche Concours d’Elegance and Porsche Show ‘n’ Shine, whilst the Porsche Sport Driving School and Porsche Kids Driving School will provide the full spectrum of the Porsche driving experience to those big and small.
Porsche Rennsport Australia Motor Racing Festival is set to be a true ‘Festival’ of all things Porsche. We look forward to seeing you there.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

I think I'll just be entering the Show n Shine. The track events are a little pricey, and I think I might have more fun watching the racing anyway
Old 01-23-2013, 12:31 AM
AB-Oz
Instructor

hmm, I think I'll just show up and park somewhere!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 AM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AB-Oz
hmm, I think I'll just show up and park somewhere!
Show n Shine entry is only $15, and I'm sure it would secure a much more convenient "parking spot" than if you were a spectator
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 PM
NCB964
Intermediate

I'm going to go for this one... expensive but getting into the spirit. It's not everyday the Rennsport circus comes to town.

"As a road registered Porsche, I am assuming you would like to do a track event. I will assume your car is not fitted with a roll cage and you don't have your circuit 'race' licence, the event that you will be able to enter is called Regularity. For this you will only require a Level 2S licence, and some basic items on your car.

This event is main pitched for Porsche club entrants and is similar to a Club Day sprint, however you will nominate a time that you think you can achieve, and from there you are awarded points or have points deducted each lap for how close you come to that time. It is very popular in the historic racing fraternity, and allows us to ensure plenty of competitors can enjoy track activities at Rennsport.

The entry fee is $595 and includes 3 tickets for the weekend, as well as a marquee space, and a tender vehicle pass".
Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Cam Arnott
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

See you there guys. I sold my '71 S/T replica today so wont be racing but will be there watching the fun. Will keep an eye out for any 964 owners

Anyone doing the dinner on Saturday night?

Possibly on the hunt for a C2 if anyone knows of anything interesting.....?

Cheers Cam
Old 05-11-2013, 03:06 PM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Why Australia and not Europe?! You lucky son of a..... :-)

Thomas
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Cam Arnott
Instructor

Well, the US is a whole lot closer for you guys than it is for us so I guess we deserve it.

You get lots of interesting events in Europe, don't be greedy!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:48 AM
Cam Arnott
Instructor

The new owner of the car is taking it over and has offered my a slot in regularity so I get a farewell drive of the old girl.

Anyone else entered in Regularity?

I'll be lurking around in garage PL-47, hope to meet some of you guys
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2013, 05:27 AM
Turbo Jonny
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Sorry for the hijack , but could any of you guys help with my website.
Im finding it hard to get vin/engine numbers for the Aussie 3.6 turbo cars.

Quick Reply: Rennsport comes to Australia!