Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UK 964 Track Day Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 06:32 PM
BillyB
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

How have you guys found Javelin? I was disappointed in their policing of what I considered reckless driving at Snetterton, albeit almost 2 years ago (overtaking in corners, one or two drivers spinning every lap etc). They seemed extremely hot on noise and lax on track rules.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:22 PM
jimmyriviera
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy
Will not be there but have fun Ben, take pics and video and don't forget to post them!
Might have one of those Racelogic things running. If I can get it to work and the output is okay, I'll post it up. Really can't wait for a bit of Spa action.

Nice vids from Anglesey. Need to get myself up there at some point.

Cheers.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:55 AM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BillyB
How have you guys found Javelin? I was disappointed in their policing of what I considered reckless driving at Snetterton, albeit almost 2 years ago (overtaking in corners, one or two drivers spinning every lap etc). They seemed extremely hot on noise and lax on track rules.
Well, every organizer will enforce noise at it stops play for all, and it'll be in their agreement with the track to do so, so I can't blame them for that.....there were, for example, a few Hondas which were noisy at Anglesey but once they fitted silencers they were ok.

As to track etiquette, I personally haven't had a problem with Javelin's approach. I've used them for far to many years and on very rare occasions had to mention to Bob or Colin about the standards of someone on track and they've called them in coz others have also mentioned them (given up speaking to the individuals in question after not so politely being told to 'go away and track somewhere else!'.....for example, at Blyton last weekend there were several MX5s using it as a drift day (I don't mean sideways by accident....every corner....impressive till they inevitably spin).

I didn't mention them to Bob but they were called in nonetheless for a reminder that drift days are separately run!

Originally Posted by jimmyriviera
Might have one of those Racelogic things running. If I can get it to work and the output is okay, I'll post it up. Really can't wait for a bit of Spa action.

Nice vids from Anglesey. Need to get myself up there at some point.

Cheers.
Very posh......and yeah, Anglesey is a hidden gem. Oulton's best but this is very good fun.

So, you coming on the Spa trip next year?
Old 09-09-2015, 05:23 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Colin was looking after that, again looks like you had good weather!
If you mean the same chatty chap in the start of your video then yes he was.

Weather was mostly dry but with a big down pour after lunch. There was a chap sharing my garage who had an old 3L Capri which suffice to say he spent most of the day repairing. So I took him out in the wet. He was shocked at what the old girl could do on a wet track and came back with a big grin and a new respect for old 911s.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:48 AM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by boxsey911
If you mean the same chatty chap in the start of your video then yes he was.
that wasn't Colin......but he did look like his stunt double!

Weather was mostly dry but with a big down pour after lunch. There was a chap sharing my garage who had an old 3L Capri which suffice to say he spent most of the day repairing. So I took him out in the wet. He was shocked at what the old girl could do on a wet track and came back with a big grin and a new respect for old 911s.
I think that says more about your ability than your car
Old 09-09-2015, 07:15 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

The running in the wet was good fun. The amount of water was just about on the limit for the worn Toyo 888s to cope without being too risky. That experience and a washout last month at Castle Combe (888s did not cope at all!) has made me think about switching tyres for track duties. I think I'm going to go for a more road biased tyre which will work much better in changing conditions. Although they won't be as quick in the dry, I've come to realize that the 964 should be more about fun on track rather than ultimate pace. And less grip in the dry = more fun and more grip in the wet also = more fun! At the moment I'm thinking of copying Frank's lead and replacing the 888s with the Yoko AD08s.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:36 AM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by freedman
15th Nov Snetterton, and Dec 1st Brands booked
I've now booked these and also Rockingham on 18th October (though probably taking the Westy to that).
Old 09-28-2015, 08:18 PM
jimmyriviera
Rennlist Member

Very posh......and yeah, Anglesey is a hidden gem. Oulton's best but this is very good fun.

So, you coming on the Spa trip next year?
Here is a vid from the Vbox. With a slight reddish hue to match the guards red of the car for some unknown reason! Vbox is great but card soon runs out. This is from the Monday when it was dry. Absolutely hosed it down on Tues.

Time is 2.59. Session after was running high 2.55's regularly but by then the card was full so you'll just have to believe me!

Having Vbox is very useful for seeing how great an impact Eau Rouge and Radillion have upon your lap time. The cumulative effect of a slow exit by the time you get to Les Combes is huge.

Cheers.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:21 AM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jimmyriviera
Here is a vid from the Vbox. With a slight reddish hue to match the guards red of the car for some unknown reason! Vbox is great but card soon runs out. This is from the Monday when it was dry. Absolutely hosed it down on Tues.

Time is 2.59. Session after was running high 2.55's regularly but by then the card was full so you'll just have to believe me!

Having Vbox is very useful for seeing how great an impact Eau Rouge and Radillion have upon your lap time. The cumulative effect of a slow exit by the time you get to Les Combes is huge.

Cheers.

YouTube
Nice, what setup you running, presuming this isn't a factory spec C2!?
Old 09-29-2015, 06:53 AM
jimmyriviera
Rennlist Member

Nice, what setup you running, presuming this isn't a factory spec C2!?
It didn't even start out as a C2. Car left factory as a UK non-sunroof, non AC, C4. Front diff has gone in the bin, now runs RS g/box with LSD & shift rod etc. Motor is 3.8 conv with RSR cams, carillo rods, ARP bolts, plastic inlet manifolds, M&M non heat stainless exhaust system with cats.

Brakes are standard C4 with Pagid RS29's; weld in cage, RS ARB's, Rennline 3 point strut brace, FVD top mounts, Elephant racing bushes and PSS10 struts.

Currently running 888's on set of BBS 17's.

Car goes well! Not much to do to it now really. Might upgrade brakes but only after I've worn the current disks and pads out. Bought it as a track car but then my OCD took over.

Cheers.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

15th Nov Snetterton, and Dec 1st Brands booked
Bump for the above......Jack.pe will also be at Brands on 1st Dec.....any more?
Old 11-05-2015, 12:53 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Last day of the season for me yesterday. Oulton Park with the Porsche club. 964s at trackdays are now few and far between and are being replaced by Cayman GT4s

Name:  OP%20track%20day%204%20Nov%2015%20pic%201_zpsjxgvksme.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  132.9 KB
Old 11-05-2015, 01:02 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, we shall have to keep the flag flying Steve
Old 11-05-2015, 07:15 PM
BillyB
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

How was is Boxsey? I had hoped to be there but work got in the way.

I have an eye on Silverstone on the 16th...
Old 11-06-2015, 04:23 AM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Last day of the season for me yesterday. Oulton Park with the Porsche club. 964s at trackdays are now few and far between and are being replaced by Cayman GT4s
Those pesky Cayman........catch up with you in 2016!
Well, we shall have to keep the flag flying Steve
We shall indeed mate, Snetterton on 15th and Brands in Dec!
Originally Posted by BillyB
How was is Boxsey?
Yeah Boxsey, looks cold and slippery?

Quick Reply: UK 964 Track Day Club