Sponsored by:

Black Betty - Part 3 Engine rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:23 AM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911919
Friction from the air rushing by should heat things up nicely.
may even want to consider some heat resistant paneling like they put on space craft for re-entry
Old 03-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
No heat exchangers Frank?
Was wondering who would notice... This is a temporary exhaust. The one with heat will go on post SPA. No additional cost.

Originally Posted by 911919
Friction from the air rushing by should heat things up nicely.
Lol!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
Was wondering who would notice... This is a temporary exhaust. The one with heat will go on post SPA. No additional cost.

Lol!
Well I hpoe for your sake that the weather forecast improves, otherwise your gonna need thermals!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy
Well I hpoe for your sake that the weather forecast improves, otherwise your gonna need thermals!
I hope for all of us the weather improves - a wet track would seriously dampen spirits.

Had a small motorcycle crash today - van crossed into oncoming traffic (me) on a high street with the intent to park on a double yellow on the wrong side.
Wrist is badly sprained, hope it heals before SPA or else I may be out of the pic. T-minus 10 days.
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

I hope for all of us the weather improves - a wet track would seriously dampen spirits.

Had a small motorcycle crash today - van crossed into oncoming traffic (me) on a high street with the intent to park on a double yellow on the wrong side.
Wrist is badly sprained, hope it heals before SPA or else I may be out of the pic. T-minus 10 days.
What a p***k that guy was! Does he not appreciate the depths of his stupidity? Obviously not and doesn't know the Road Traffic Act or Highway Code

Hope you're not too bad, ice pack it, rest it as much as you can as there's no way now you're not making it to Spa!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 PM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doh! I don't know a biker who hasn't had a prang of that kind, the other classic is the "turn right on you while you're filtering". As Grant says, ice it a couple of times a day and rest it and you'll be good to go. I poured a kettle of freshly boiled water over my hand the other day - I was like; oh no Spa! was straight on the internet looking at recovery times, briefly looked into lopping it off and replacing with a robot hand to avoid any doubt, luckily it didn't come to that. My hand-modelling career is on hold though.

Weather isn't looking great but hey C4 isn't too bad in the wet, though I understand some attendees may have the inferior 2wd version

BTW if it does get cold without heat, I can bring along a heated vest that plugs in the cigaret lighter for you.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frank, not cool

Glad you're ok though and its merely a sprain

Look forward to seeing you next Friday

LOL at Alex, yep the old C4 may be the weapon of choice
Old 03-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alexjc4
I poured a kettle of freshly boiled water over my hand the other day - I was like; oh no Spa! was straight on the internet looking at recovery times, briefly looked into lopping it off and replacing with a robot hand to avoid any doubt, luckily it didn't come to that. My hand-modelling career is on hold though.

Weather isn't looking great but hey C4 isn't too bad in the wet, though I understand some attendees may have the inferior 2wd version
You wish....just coz you wussed out and got the easy drive version!

Originally Posted by freedman
LOL at Alex, yep the old C4 may be the weapon of choice
You C4 guys are all deluded!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy
What a p***k that guy was! Does he not appreciate the depths of his stupidity? Obviously not and doesn't know the Road Traffic Act or Highway Code

Hope you're not too bad, ice pack it, rest it as much as you can as there's no way now you're not making it to Spa!
Yeah I had to veer out of the way to avoid head on, hit his rear quarter and carried on into the opposing traffic into another van.
Witness and 2nd van saw the whole thing and confirmed his stupidity.

Broken gear lever and foot peg. Wrist is all wrapped up. Hurts like a b*tch though.

I was like; oh no Spa! was straight on the internet looking at recovery times, briefly looked into lopping it off and replacing with a robot hand to avoid any doubt, luckily it didn't come to that. My hand-modelling career is on hold though.
To be fair I wouldn't put bionic hand construction past ya and the contents of that garage!

BTW if it does get cold without heat, I can bring along a heated vest that plugs in the cigaret lighter for you.
Ahhh better than my solution - jump in a sealed bin bag and plug a hairdryer in.

Originally Posted by freedman
Frank, not cool

Glad you're ok though and its merely a sprain

Look forward to seeing you next Friday
Yeah will take more than a white van driver to keep me out of a 964 and SPA after a year!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
ras62
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ice pack for 2 minutes followed by the hottest water you can stand for 2 minutes & repeat. Three times a day. Contracts and expands muscle and tendons, hurts like hell and heals like magic!! Used it for severe tendonitis, it works a treat.
Thank God its not your right foot that is sprained eh!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Frank as you have the torquey cams leave it in third, hold it in a slide and wave to the crowds with your "bad hand", failing that ask for wtdoom's shrunken glove as a support
Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Nick's doing an all nighter to get her ready - here's the latest pic.

"Anyone for tennis?"

Originally Posted by ras62
Ice pack for 2 minutes followed by the hottest water you can stand for 2 minutes & repeat. Three times a day. Contracts and expands muscle and tendons, hurts like hell and heals like magic!! Used it for severe tendonitis, it works a treat.
Thank God its not your right foot that is sprained eh!
Cheers mate.

Originally Posted by Rephlex
Frank as you have the torquey cams leave it in third, hold it in a slide and wave to the crowds with your "bad hand", failing that ask for wtdoom's shrunken glove as a support
Sounds like a plan.
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Frank,

Nick's doing an all nighter to get her ready - here's the latest pic.
Nick's wife says she doesn't mind it when he's having a late night with Betty

Sounds like you had a luck escape, hope you're fixed soon.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 03-12-2013, 06:43 PM
bigunit_271078
Burning Brakes

Frank. Lucky escape on the bike. It's fate telling you that you belong back in the 964 surrounded by its tank like rigidity.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:19 AM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My Falken 452s coped well on Sunday in minus and damp conditions at Silverstone, the biggest problem was getting some heat in to them

Great fun though ! we should do a 964 Silverstone day

Tomorrow is make of break day for putting the 964 back together or the 993 will be coming !not got much to do though

Boxey/Frank what settings would you recommend on my V3s I am running medium settings at the moment I think I need to go harder ?

Sorry Frank meant to post in Spa thread

Quick Reply: Black Betty - Part 3 Engine rebuild