Sponsored by:

crying here... not a good phone call

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Makmov
Lucas... Prince of sudden darkness.... I think they need beer.

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
"And the Lord said 'let there be light'...Joseph Lucas replied 'no way, Lord, no way'."
Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they still claim "sudden, unexpected darkness".
Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
Lucas--inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF.
The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.
The original anti-theft devices--Lucas Electric products.
If Lucas made guns, wars would not start either.
Did you hear about the Lucas powered torpedo? It sank.
Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night, since they all look the same?" "He replied, it doesn't matter which one you use, nothing happens!"
Back in the '70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which didn't suck.
Quality Assurance phoned and advised the Engineering guy that they had trouble with his design shorting out. So he made the wires longer.
Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas made the refrigerators, too.
Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone. Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.
Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant."
Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.
Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices.
In the 1980's Lucas tried to get into the newly burgeoning PC market, but they discontinued the product when they couldn't make it leak oil.
Why are there no skyscrapers in London? Lucas makes elevators

oh that lucas.
That's really funny.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:37 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

PS fluid.

The owners manual says Dextron. However there is a Porsche TSB to use something else.... and IIRC that was released not that long ago. that expensive green stuff. Pentosin 11S Synthetic Mineral Base.

that stuff is a fire waiting to happen if it leaks on something hot. My 996TT uses it. It cost about $20 a quart.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:54 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isn't pentosin the stuff they use to speed up delivery of a baby? Should be just perfect for the car then
Old 06-13-2012, 10:32 AM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Even though I suspect the Swepco 715 is OK I do not want to take any chances and there is wetness on my steering rack.

This looks like the most appropriate stuff that is easily findable

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/1/1...tml#fragment-2

The description for the quart size reads (the above link is for a gallon and doesn't have the same description, quart size link is too long to post here):

Product Features:

Enhanced friction durability for smooth transmission performance
Meets DEXRON®-III H requirements; also satisfies requirements of DEXRON®, DEXRON®-III, IIE, and II; do not use this ATF in applications calling for DEXRON®-VI
Meets MERCON® requirements; may also be used in power steering applications where MERCON® is required; use Castrol Type F ATF in applications calling for Type F
Do not use this ATF in applications calling for MERCON® V or MERCON® SP
Old 06-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike9186
Even though I suspect the Swepco 715 is OK I do not want to take any chances and there is wetness on my steering rack.

This looks like the most appropriate stuff that is easily findable

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/1/1...tml#fragment-2

The description for the quart size reads (the above link is for a gallon and doesn't have the same description, quart size link is too long to post here):

Product Features:

Enhanced friction durability for smooth transmission performance
Meets DEXRON®-III H requirements; also satisfies requirements of DEXRON®, DEXRON®-III, IIE, and II; do not use this ATF in applications calling for DEXRON®-VI
Meets MERCON® requirements; may also be used in power steering applications where MERCON® is required; use Castrol Type F ATF in applications calling for Type F
Do not use this ATF in applications calling for MERCON® V or MERCON® SP
That is exactly what I use. Castrol Dex.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:50 PM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Makmov. I just picked up some of this Castrol stuff. $4.99 a quart at Autozone. The price is definitely right!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:25 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hawk - any updates? I have not been on Rennlist most of June, so was wondering how your car is doing...

-B
Old 11-16-2012, 05:53 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by mike9186
Thanks Makmov. I just picked up some of this Castrol stuff. $4.99 a quart at Autozone. The price is definitely right!
+2

Going to pick some up tomorrow. (parts store)

Sorry OP, this thread had the best P.S. fluid reply.
Have you settled on a front bumper design?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Lucas... Prince of sudden darkness.... I think they need beer.

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
"And the Lord said 'let there be light'...Joseph Lucas replied 'no way, Lord, no way'."
Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they still claim "sudden, unexpected darkness".
Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
Lucas--inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF.
The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.
The original anti-theft devices--Lucas Electric products.
If Lucas made guns, wars would not start either.
Did you hear about the Lucas powered torpedo? It sank.
Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night, since they all look the same?" "He replied, it doesn't matter which one you use, nothing happens!"
Back in the '70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which didn't suck.
Quality Assurance phoned and advised the Engineering guy that they had trouble with his design shorting out. So he made the wires longer.
Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas made the refrigerators, too.
Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone. Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.
Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant."
Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.
Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices.
In the 1980's Lucas tried to get into the newly burgeoning PC market, but they discontinued the product when they couldn't make it leak oil.
Why are there no skyscrapers in London? Lucas makes elevators

oh that lucas.
This made me scream laughing .

Once when I was in London doing some work and at a presentatoin there I was the only American with all Brit engineers. They made a lot of good natured fun of me, and The Colonies.

One of the Top guys went right before me that I really liked and we all had some good laughs on me. He was always referring to Superior British Engineering.

When I got to talk, I started off with " I HOPE that all of this was not designed by the same Superior British engineering that has bestowed Lucas electronics upon us ........"

It brought the house down ........

Quick Reply: crying here... not a good phone call