Sponsored by:

MY DAUGHTERS FIRST PORSCHE

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
At this point I think it needs a Ducktail...
Old 05-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Me likey
Old 05-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Laguna Seca
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Opo...now you are getting personal! I don't appreciate you telling me that I am "running my mouth"! I am a mature man and have worked my tail off in life and have become very successful at what I do! You seem to have a very bullying way about you. Just because I haven't payed the $30.00 or so to become a "member" doesn't mean I am not welcome! This forum is a venue to discuss Porsche's, not to brag about how much money you have or get in someones face if they don't agree with your point of view! Now I'm starting to understand why people who don't own Porsches think Porsche owners are "******"! I have been a Porsche guy since the '70's and have a ton of high performance driving experience. If you recall, my original comment was only meant to show concern for your daughter's safety! I don't know how much experience she has with these cars (it sounds like she doesn't have much), but my point was only to bring attention to the fact that a Carrera can be a handful. A tiptronic has very little to do with safety... 120 mph is still 120 mph! as far as myself needing to find something to do...excuse me "sir", I would like to suggest that you mind your own business! ps...if you can't handle both positive and negative feedback about the sheet that you throw out to the world via this Porsche website, you might think about not posting in the future. I'm trying to be nice here! Now if you will excuse me, I need to go back to doing nothing!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Laguna Seca
Opo...now you are getting personal! I don't appreciate you telling me that I am "running my mouth"! I am a mature man and have worked my tail off in life and have become very successful at what I do! You seem to have a very bullying way about you. Just because I haven't payed the $30.00 or so to become a "member" doesn't mean I am not welcome! This forum is a venue to discuss Porsche's, not to brag about how much money you have or get in someones face if they don't agree with your point of view! Now I'm starting to understand why people who don't own Porsches think Porsche owners are "******"! I have been a Porsche guy since the '70's and have a ton of high performance driving experience. If you recall, my original comment was only meant to show concern for your daughter's safety! I don't know how much experience she has with these cars (it sounds like she doesn't have much), but my point was only to bring attention to the fact that a Carrera can be a
handful. A tiptronic has very little to do with safety... 120 mph is still 120 mph! as far as myself needing to find something to do...excuse me "sir", I would like to suggest that you mind your own business! ps...if you can't handle both positive and negative feedback about the sheet that you throw out to the world via this Porsche website, you might think about not posting in the future. I'm trying to be nice here! Now if you will excuse me, I need to go back to doing nothing!

Look, let's move forward OK, if what I said bother you, I APOLOGIZE, in NO way am I'm BRAGGING about $ or anything, maybe you took it that way and that's what's bothering you, but I'm a very humble person and will NEVER do something like that , the thread it's about a car (PORSCHE) that I bought my daughter, and YES I'm very proud of that, as for the $30, is just to support this forum....
Old 05-16-2012, 04:03 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

OPO, I've said this a bunch of times before; YOU'RE THE MAN! Killer Porsche
collection! And so cool to hear that your daughter is following your footsteps
into the depths of Porschephelia! You guys have two options:

1. Pink Cups, pink stripe, pink mirrors
2. Black Cups, black stripe, black mirrors, pink calipers, pink cage

Old 05-16-2012, 06:12 PM
964Q
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Love the white and tan combo. This might be a case where the boyfriend wants to drive the girlfriends car more than his own. Congrats!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Sharker
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My fav is the pink stripe and calipers.. kinda understated, sets off well with the tires. The mirrors and trim rings seem to be hanging in the middle of nowhere, IMHO
Old 05-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharker
My fav is the pink stripe and calipers.. kinda understated, sets off well with the tires. The mirrors and trim rings seem to be hanging in the middle of nowhere, IMHO
I agree, the stripe and calipers is actually a nice subtle look. The rings and mirrors are overkill in my opinion. Kinda a less is more situation.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:30 PM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Opo......good for you. I bet your daughter is excited and deserves the 964. I'm also thinking less is more......either the stripe or the calipers. Over time, she may adopt a more purist attitude, and will look to return the 964 to it's original look. I'd recommend trying on the stripe first.....as it's the easist mod to reverse.

Congrats - it's a great looking car! I really like the cup II's on it.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Well she wants to go with the calipers and the CARRERA 2 emblem in the back PINK, but she says she wants a bright pink, whatever that means we will go to the shop that paints the calipers on my cars sat and see if they can come up with a bright pink, will post pictures as soon as it gets done thanks for all the input guys, as for right now we will start with the reenlist sticker

Last edited by Opo; 07-03-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:30 PM
911porschefan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Opo, beautiful car, I'm sure you daughter loves it and will respect it. I also bought my daughter a white 964 coupe, and she just turned 2 last week. I'm taking care of it for her until she's 18. Enjoy the time with your daughter about a passion you both love, I know I'm looking forward to it.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:40 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a real-life Barbie 964! How cool is that! Nice job....

-B
Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 911porschefan
.... I also bought my daughter a white 964 coupe, and she just turned 2 last week. I'm taking care of it for her until she's 18.....
Now that's funny..... Well played
Old 05-17-2012, 02:01 AM
mfyoung1086
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 964Q
Love the white and tan combo. This might be a case where the boyfriend wants to drive the girlfriends car more than his own. Congrats!
haha with all that pink paint and an auto, I don't think the BF would be caught dead in that car haha
Old 05-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mfyoung1086
haha with all that pink paint and an auto, I don't think the BF would be caught dead in that car haha
YEAP!!! that's the same reason I NEVER drive my wife's FIAT

Quick Reply: MY DAUGHTERS FIRST PORSCHE