Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY DAUGHTERS FIRST PORSCHE

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 151 Posts

Opo - I did not see you at Cars and Coffee last Saturday (Vintage Park)
Yasin
Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow great present. She's a lucky girl. My guess is that you already have faith that your daughter will drive it right and respect it. Especially, since from that other pic and your avatar that it looks like you've already got a lot of 911 experience yourself and will be bestowing your knowledge upon her.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

@ yasin, I was there, I showed up a little bit late this Saturday, now I remember your car from your avatar, your car is real nice, I will catch you in august, will be gone for a couple of months.
@ Steve, yes I do have a lot of faith in my daughter, I bought her a brand new challenger for her 16th B-DAY and have no problems with her driving skills this P car will be her weekend car, she will be joining me tomorrow to our PCA gathering I'm super excited and to everyone else, thank you for the positive and negative comments..
Old 05-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope my daughter doesn't read this post, thats all I can say!! Wow...lucky girl!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:32 PM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
I bought her a brand new challenger for her 16th B-DAY and have no problems with her driving skills
Safe to say OP is NOT a helicopter parent

Good for yoU!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Sharker
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless his daughter wants a Helicopter I am sure your daughter will remember this forever.. Just don't show this post tom my 17yr old soon to graduate son
Old 05-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Opo, my slimy college roommate, dated a girl primarily because she had a M3, and he totaled it.
Nobody got hurt, but he slithered away without paying a dime. Not meaning to be a downer, but you may want to share this story with your daughter. Nice car by the way!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laker
Opo, my slimy college roommate, dated a girl primarily because she had a M3, and he totaled it.
Nobody got hurt, but he slithered away without paying a dime. Not meaning to be a downer, but you may want to share this story with your daughter. Nice car by the way!
Yep, from the sounds of it, I wouldn't be worried about her, but her friends driving it. You know they'll ask her to. DON'T let it be the college DD vehicle! (IME college DDs aren't usually all that sober...)

Originally Posted by Sharker
Unless his daughter wants a Helicopter
Old 05-11-2012, 01:55 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow. What will she get with college graduation?
Old 05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

I started this thread because it makes me happy to be able to share my passion that i have of this cars with my daughters, I didn't start it so people could tell me how to raise my daughters, as for the helicopter that will be mine only as for what my daughters are getting for their college graduation, it will be a new house
Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Opo
I started this thread because it makes me happy to be able to share my passion that i have of this cars with my daughters, I didn't start it so people could tell me how to raise my daughters
I don't see a post that isn't polite or well meaning. For an internet message board the Rennlist 964 board is the most supportive, well intentioned and politest place I could ever imagine!

I bet you will be immensely proud and excited taking your girl to the PCA event. My kids adore our Porsches and all say they wan't to drive nothing else when they grow-up.

I know a lot of people who are scared of their children learning to drive and are intentionally holding out until their kids are older before getting them behind the wheel.

My daughter turns 15 1/2 later this year and will be getting her permit. I currently drop her off at high school on the way to work. My current intention is to get her driving as soon as possible, then have her drive my car to school, with me alongside, every morning until she turns 17 and gets her license.

My Eldest daughter is the most mature, responsible person - far more than many adults I know. I will have complete trust in her. My son on the other hand....that's likely a different story...
Old 05-11-2012, 04:03 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Wanna adopt anymore children?
Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

Generous gift for sure and I wish her and you all the best, but such things can have unintended consequences to consider-

1- I dated a girl in HS who's father gave her a beautiful very early Merc SL. She *hated* the car for the looks and assumptions and bought herself an old Honda before going to college.

2- a girl in college had all four of her tires slashed when she parked her new SL in a lot at the big university a town over. She was also not happy that she had it and many tears were shed.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1st in line for adoption lol. On a serious note that is what us dads do we give our kids the best we can.
That deserves DAD of the month to Opo for that one. Make sure we get pics of you guys on the track together.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:46 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 151 Posts

Sounds great Opo. I look forward to meeting you.
Yasin

Quick Reply: MY DAUGHTERS FIRST PORSCHE