Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 964!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 AM
ScottR
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just the clutch or the flywheel as well? What flywheel do you have?

That seemed like an expensive quote from Cliff. He guesstimated circa £800 for a standard clutch replacement on mine, also a C4, and also said doesn't need the engine out. Can't remember if that was flywheel as well, think it was.

How much are GT One charging you? I'm going to need to get mine done soon (PM me if you prefer not to say).
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

I have the RS Flywheel on mine already and it is undamaged and fine to reuse...
Old 10-26-2012, 09:02 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottR
Just the clutch or the flywheel as well? What flywheel do you have?

That seemed like an expensive quote from Cliff. He guesstimated circa £800 for a standard clutch replacement on mine, also a C4, and also said doesn't need the engine out. Can't remember if that was flywheel as well, think it was.

How much are GT One charging you? I'm going to need to get mine done soon (PM me if you prefer not to say).
The LWF/clutch conversion kit is over £1,000 so with fitting the price is usually around £1300. Just replacing a clutch (parts plus labour) is usually around £700-£800 depending on who you use.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 AM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very interested to see some pics of how GTOne do this without dropping the engine.

I was looking at this when I was refitting my engine and I can see how you might change the clutch friction disc without dropping the engine or gearbox;

support both engine and gearbox from underneath
undo the rear engine mounts
remove the primary silencer
disconnect the oil inlet hose (and maybe a couple of others; fuel, pas etc if needed)
undo the flywheel bolts one by one through the inspection hole
undo four bolts holding engine to gearbox
push the engine back far enough so the friction disc can be slid off the end of the gearbox input shaft and out.

If you were handy and had the appropriate lifts and jacks that might only take a couple of hours...

Not sure you'd have enough clearance to remove the flywheel or pressure plate this way though. Also the older cars (89) with the rubber clutch would need 5-6inchs clearance to get the friction disc out and I don't think you can move the engine back that far.

Last edited by alexjc4; 10-26-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 AM
ScottR
Racer

It's been mentioned to me that alternatively you can actually shift everything forwards, from the gearbox on, to get to it. Not sure if this is C4 specific. And I'm not sure exactly what. But I guess someone does...
Old 10-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jack.pe
So far the experience has been very good, Peter is knowledgeable and has kept me updated on progress. Car should be ready by end of today.. so i might make next weekend's meet after all!!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Default Red Film for tail lights..

For those that are interested, the car passed it's MOT no problem even with the tail lights covered in the red film to pretty them up..

So perhaps not an issue in Uk as thought.. the signal still seems orange to me, less than before sure but I think it would take a very picky inspector to fail the car on that.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 AM
PaulW_964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had red film on the back of mine for a while, which looked great. I removed and replaced with the new replacement lenses in the end though, as I was worried drivers not paying attention wouldn't see the turn signal. They were definitely flashing red.

Sounds like your film may be thinner if they're flashing orange Jack

Quick Reply: My new 964!!