Sponsored by:

Pics now rolling in: Claudia V2.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 AM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pics now rolling in: Claudia V2.1

As an aside, I feel badly somehow. This is a first for me in that I've asked someone else to do something 100% for me. Having the luxury of asking one of the finest shops in the country build me the best they can build is, well, quite something. I may be good looking (?), but am not rich...we have no kids and I waited 25 years for this.

And I just completed a singlehanded 100% re-build/teardown/rewire/replumb/
reeverything on our home - as well as re-hab here on the farm.

Done with excuses - just don't want ya'll to think badly of me - tehe. Anyway...

Here is the new Tilton 5.5" clutch assembly. The entire clutch, PP, TOB and flywheel weigh as much as the single RS LWF it replaces, and the drop in rotational mass is huge.

Steve (Boxey) commented about the stock tach. Here is the new Autometer unit in its new home. It is more precise and offers data logging and overrev info storage, as well as the shift lamp above it on the dash.

A pic of the "passenger" side (I will keep a right seat in the trailer for coach and the occasional student). The Chase Cam interface is on on the floorboard; it syncs the two cameras and then interfaces with the Traqmate data aquisition unit. Also seen on the tunnel are the Traqmate, the control for the coolshirt and the fire suppression electronics. Note the wonderful Rothsport shifter - it looked nice in the street version of the car - I think it now looks at home; elegant in its simplicity.

Last is the new rear window frame. Gamroth has sourced a "better" lexan, derived for use in the modern cars. For our cars, he has fabbed a frame and will then cut the plastic for proper fit. In this photo one can also see the fire suppression nozzles for the engine compartment, the (tehe) MCS canisters and one of the ChaseCams.

I apologize if this is TMI. Can you tell I'm simply beyond myself and just can't wait.

Last edited by KaiB; 04-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice, is the rear window frame a "one of" our can you order one?

Thomas
Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 AM
KaiB
Banned

Originally Posted by ThomasC2
Nice, is the rear window frame a "one of" our can you order one?

Thomas
I'll check with Jeff today.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:35 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Kai, don't feel bad, you are doing exactly what most of us would love to do, but in my case, I don't have the spare cash.
Keep the pictures and info coming.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

TMI? Please keep it coming... Great stuff...very excited for you...
Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Shamus964
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow - your car is amazing - great stuff and you're going to have one seriously awesome beast when they are finished!

Kudos on taking the plunge!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:33 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely not Too Much Information....keep the pics coming!

Thanks for showing us what you meant about the tach. From my own limited experience of bouncing off the limiter, I can see how handy the shift light is going to be. What RPM will it kick in at?
Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by crg53
Hi Kai, don't feel bad, you are doing exactly what most of us would love to do, but in my case, I don't have the spare cash.
Keep the pictures and info coming.

100% Kai!
You have great taste by friend, keep it coming!
I hope I can do the same in 10 years!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM
KaiB
Banned

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Definitely not Too Much Information....keep the pics coming!

Thanks for showing us what you meant about the tach. From my own limited experience of bouncing off the limiter, I can see how handy the shift light is going to be. What RPM will it kick in at?
Don't yet know Steve - won't until the dyno work is done.

It will be close to stock, as we kept the stock crank, pistons and cylinders. The engine should be interesting though, with gobs of torque.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 PM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 1 Post

Agreed! There is no reason to feel bad for doing exactly what most of us would be doing... just as soon as we can justify it. Personally, I can't wait until it's my turn! But in the mean time, it's nice to have someone lead the way; and show us how it's done right!

Keep it up Kai! And keep the posts coming!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

so sweet.... nice job guys
Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
The engine should be interesting though, with gobs of torque.
Yessir,...it certainly will be interesting,...no question about that.

No matter what, it won't disappoint anyone.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Done with excuses - just don't want ya'll to think badly of me...
T'hell wit dat; it's naught but envy.

(Guilty )
Old 04-04-2012, 12:37 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

What I really dig about this build is that everything has a purpose and has been well thought through ahead of time. It's like a factory build, but better. Kai, the fact that you are follwing through with every detail is a testament to your appreciation of what this car can and will be! You are walking the talk... Kudos amigo, and it can never be TMI. We all love knowing about this Keep it coming pal...
Old 04-04-2012, 04:01 PM
KaiB
Banned

Originally Posted by christallon
What I really dig about this build is that everything has a purpose and has been well thought through ahead of time. It's like a factory build, but better. Kai, the fact that you are follwing through with every detail is a testament to your appreciation of what this car can and will be! You are walking the talk... Kudos amigo, and it can never be TMI. We all love knowing about this Keep it coming pal...
Thanks Chris. The build sheet is well over a year in the make - Weiner and I have been discussing this for that long now. Had I known this time last year that my driving would come back so quickly, I would have never invested in the "dual purpose" car that the original Claudia originally became.

Carl, Jeff's guy at Rothsport, is just fantastic; after we hit the high points, I simply asked him to do what he does...these are the results of his artistry.

Machine work by the "United Autoworkers of Fred" at Rothsport, and the brilliant engine concept by Gamroth (as yet undisclosed, but Weiner will break silence when the time comes).

The nice thing about the build is that much of it will carry over to V3.1, the wide body RSR build...the Mint Green one in two years.

Quick Reply: Pics now rolling in: Claudia V2.1