Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ghh leather seat kits? Anyone see them in person?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 423 Likes on 275 Posts
Default Ghh leather seat kits? Anyone see them in person?

My upholster is going to use a leather seat kit from ghh. Has anyone seen seats done with ghh kits? How is the leather they use?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

I could use some new seat covers too.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:37 PM
PChar
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy makes miracle work. High quality. Talk to him at several instance and is a very nice person.

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/928Seats.html

Price is high but goes along with the results. I believe he has a 6 month waiting list. But will also sell the cover only for uyou to DIY or your local shop.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Yes- but has anyone seen the GHH covers and is anyone familiar with the leather they use?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No but I have been looking on recovering my front seats.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Goughary
Race Car

Fwiw - I received my seats yesterday and will post pics in another thread once i have them, but just to comment on GHH leather covers and quality.

The leather is only leather in that it is made of, what appears to be from the back, a cow, but it is not leather if you consider that one of the main reasons to buy leather over vinyl, is that it doesnt appeare and feel like, well, uhhmm,, vinyl...It feels like "leather" that you would find in a cheep car. Well, actually my audi allroad has a very similar leather. Just feels like plastic. So if you are not looking for a full-grain aniline died leather comparable to a Connoly leather, then maybe it's fine. Maybe this will hold up longer, which is what I was told by the upholsterer. But that said, I just spent a lot of money for a downgrade in quality and an upgrade in appearance. Like trading in an old rusty 911 for a new Honda Accord. Looks nice and all, but doesnt quite have the same....je ne sais quoi

So - end of story- would I buy GHH again - for myself, no. For someone that wanted a good leather seat cover that wasnt too expensive, durable, could get wet and abuse without worrying...yeah probably. But I'd rather use vinyl if that were what I wanted...Leather is leather for both durability and tactility. If it doesnt feel like leather, then why use it?
Old 04-19-2012, 02:16 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

for seats I much perfer cloth over leather for the middle of the seat. In the Florida sun leather gets hot and the humidity is hard on it. The leather in my turbo is a downgrade from the 964 seats as it seems painted on and not dyed and its the "supple" leather option. Guess the plastic look and feel leather is the wave of the future.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Goughary
Race Car

I like fabric centers too - I had my upholsterer take out the leather centers and put fabric in their place - so on my seats the bolsters and backs are leather and the centers are fabric....

Quick Reply: Ghh leather seat kits? Anyone see them in person?