Sponsored by:

Gauge face change problems...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 05:18 PM
circleswim
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge face change problems...

Yesterday I changed my gauge faces over to some silver faces as my black ones were flaking.
The new faces look soo much better, but, when I went out for a drive earlier I realised that I was bearly able to see the pointers or gauge faces. Now I remember reading a thread on here somewhere about it but after an hour or so of searching I am still unable to find it. So does anyone know how I can improve the brightness of my gauges?

Thanks in advance

Old 02-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

IIRC scrape the silver off at the center hole (dont go beyond base of needle and that will allow more light to needle
Old 02-05-2012, 11:43 PM
911porschefan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where did you get the gauge faces? how difficult was the install, thinking of doing the same but white
Old 02-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

NR Automotive 042+0118

These went dirt cheap..Cost new close to $200...beware the paper sticker kind!!http://www.ebay.com/itm/380403001676?item=380403001676&viewitem=&vxp=mtr
Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 AM
911porschefan
Rennlist Member

wow that was cheap. guess i gotta watch ebay more closely, thanks.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 AM
napaul
Racer

not sure if this will help but i just got my gauges refurbed at nhspeedometer and at the time i inquired about white faces they said no longer available but they said they could supply me with silver though from nr automotive.However the fella i spoke to on the phone warned me that the silver would not be good for lighting as the silkscreening does not allow for light to filter through very well and i would loose my blue led lighting as a result because it would turn to an amber color. Maybe call and speak to someone over at nhspeedometer about it.I spoke kevin i believe which made me decide to keep the black dials.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

You have shifter paddles? I threw on a red TechArt tach face on mine and the backlight isn't as strong as it once was. It's a bit uneven in its lighting too.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Paulie964
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by circleswim
So does anyone know how I can improve the brightness of my gauges?
I found my gauges getting pretty dull in terms of lighting, so picked up this kit from good ol flea bay. I'll keep you posted on the results.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280802502400...#ht_2235wt_899
Old 02-06-2012, 05:06 PM
circleswim
Advanced

Originally Posted by Silvertarga
IIRC scrape the silver off at the center hole (dont go beyond base of needle and that will allow more light to needle
My replacement faces already had this done.

Originally Posted by 911porschefan
where did you get the gauge faces? how difficult was the install, thinking of doing the same but white
I got them from eBay, Follow this link for instructions, took about 2 hours to do.

Originally Posted by Paulie964
I found my gauges getting pretty dull in terms of lighting, so picked up this kit from good ol flea bay. I'll keep you posted on the results.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280802502400...#ht_2235wt_899
Look forward to find out how you get on with the LEDs!

Originally Posted by Nine11
You have shifter paddles? I threw on a red TechArt tach face on mine and the backlight isn't as strong as it once was. It's a bit uneven in its lighting too.
Yeah if you search I posted a thread about the installation, I love them, seeing as my left arm is paralysed the paddles make it much easier to drive...

Originally Posted by napaul
not sure if this will help but i just got my gauges refurbed at nhspeedometer and at the time i inquired about white faces they said no longer available but they said they could supply me with silver though from nr automotive.However the fella i spoke to on the phone warned me that the silver would not be good for lighting as the silkscreening does not allow for light to filter through very well and i would loose my blue led lighting as a result because it would turn to an amber color. Maybe call and speak to someone over at nhspeedometer about it.I spoke kevin i believe which made me decide to keep the black dials.
Thanks for the info, think I might get some updated bulbs...

Last edited by circleswim; 02-06-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Posted incorrectly

Quick Reply: Gauge face change problems...