Sponsored by:

OZ Alleggerita Wheels for 964

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:28 PM
PChar
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
Gosh, I don't recall getting a Rennlist order in my name from online today....

I was on the phone with Trevor, on and off all morning.

Are you saying that If I would of called you,...you would have been able to gather all of my needed bits from all different warehouses and have them ship to me without compromising???

Last edited by PChar; 12-01-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Waiting to see the answer with great interest - as I want the same wheels
Old 12-01-2011, 09:31 PM
PChar
Racer

Damon, I think the biggest problem with Tire Rack is that when an order is place the customer look through the system to find wheels and tires they like,... the system says 2, 3, 4 are in stock,.. then we assume you have it, then we pay and only at this point or a few days after the fact (in my situation) someone calls and says, that they are out of stock or in different warehouse across the country. This kind of service is deceptive and unacceptable in my book. If your online system says in stock that's what it should be not otherwise. Inventory software are very precise nowadays and an accurate inventory is just as valuable to you as it is to the customer.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:25 PM
ACSGP
Pro

Originally Posted by PChar
I am almost ready to order these wheels, just a bit weary of the weakness of the material. I have not found anything as to how they hold in autocross conditions. Are these prone to bend easy???

I realy like this color, I am hoping this would look good on a midnight blue car.

Stephane
Don't think you need to worry too much about their strength as I have a friend who uses the Allegerita's on his 997 GT3 RS as his track set. He recommends them highly.

The other option is the Rays Volk TE 37s for Porsche as they are forged (not cast, like th OZs) monoblocks, so are very light and strong.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 AM
PChar
Racer

Originally Posted by ACSGP
Don't think you need to worry too much about their strength as I have a friend who uses the Allegerita's on his 997 GT3 RS as his track set. He recommends them highly.

The other option is the Rays Volk TE 37s for Porsche as they are forged (not cast, like th OZs) monoblocks, so are very light and strong.
Thanks ACSGP for the insight, that's what I was hoping to hear. I've try to locate a set of used FIKSE for quite some time but they go like hot buttered roll,... Unfortunately the RH CUP 3.6 wheels are in my opinion the best looking wheels out there, but at $1K a piece ,..out of my range,... plus they are quite heavy.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

What were you doing driving over curbs with your car ?

lapping pretty quickly at VIR If you are going to drive like grandma, why do you need track wheels with sticky tires?

I've got 15 years of racing experience in probably 10 different cars with everything from street tires to full slicks on everything from stock fuchs to full dunlop racing slicks on BBS race wheels. I've hit thousands of curbs and had more than a couple OTEs....

the OZs are the only wheels I've ever bent, and they bent the first day at the track going over a few curbs (no offs). It could be a fluke, but I wouldn't buy light cast wheels for track work again.

AX is probably totally fine.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
PChar
Racer

Originally Posted by Earlierapex
lapping pretty quickly at VIR If you are going to drive like grandma, why do you need track wheels with sticky tires?
Are you asking me,....I was simply attempting to make a joke,... not chalenging you

And no I dont buy ultra light wheels and sticky tires for the Coffe and Car meets at the local Starbucks,....

I actually drive the car,... yes as hard as I can at every local autocross.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

Are you asking me,....I was simply attempting to make a joke,... not chalenging you

And no I dont buy ultra light wheels and sticky tires for the Coffe and Car meets at the local Starbucks,....

I actually drive the car,... yes as hard as I can at every local autocross.
My fault entirely! I misread your point, sorry.

I probably over-emphasized my point because I don't think running over a couple of curbs is particularly abusive, and the wheels didn't hold up that great.

Keep in mind that AX can easily become a track addiction.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:34 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I was on the phone with Trevor, on and off all morning.
You had no prior contact with Trevor on this order prior to inputting it online.

You promised you would call me to order on post 21 of this thread. I took the time to answer two PM's from you and beat a competitor's price. It certainly would have been nice if you would have remembered that when you ordered, that's all. There was a spot in your order to put my name in as a prior contact. I'm sure you can understand my frustration. To make myself available to members here for questions, and get the subsequent orders from it, is how I get paid. Water under the bridge......

Are you saying that If I would of called you,...you would have been able to gather all of my needed bits from all different warehouses and have them ship to me without compromising???
Every order placed online gets reviewed for accuracy by a team here before it is submitted to our system to ship. If it's in stock and OK, it ships. If something is up (in this case, product ETA) we call you. You placed the order online at 12:40. He received the order from our online clearing guys and called you at 1:18 to tell you everything was not in stock.

As for the inventory question, our system is set up to show customers if inventory is in stock company wide at the time they place the order. Everything that you ordered was in stock, just in two different warehouses. Once an item is placed into the cart and you proceed to the checkout you will get a screen that shows you where inventory is in stock. Your order had wheels and tires on it, which is four part numbers. 3 of the 4 part numbers were not in stock in the warehouse you selected the order from, and you were shown that before placing the order. You opted to proceed. I see Trevor did change the tires on the order from the Hankooks on backorder to the Yokohamas that were in stock closer to you. Now, all we have to do is transfer the back wheels from one warehouse where they are in stock to the one that the four tires and the other pair of wheels are. Will it take a few days? Yes, but remember that you refused to pay the freight difference when it was offered to you to split the order up and get it to you from different locations. That's the "without compromising" part I'm sure you were referring to. Would we have liked to eat the freight difference to ship everything that was in stock in Nevada back to our Deleware warehouse to ship to you in PA? Sure, but there isn't nearly as much margin in this industry as some people think. Once a product lands in one of our 6 warehouses, it stays there unless it ships into Indiana first. It's our "central warehouse" and most accessible to the other 5. It's also the only one we transfer from. OZ also comes into the US usually through the port of Chicago, which is only 100 miles away. With freight costs being at an all time high we can't just keep moving product from place to place once it gets to us. We'd love to be able to, but can't and make any money on it. Remember also that we are not talking about a few parts. We have tens of thousands of part numbers.

Would I have been able to do a better job for you than Trevor has on this?

No.

He's doing a fine job working with available inventory and moving product between warehouses internally to keep your costs down within the limits of what you were willing to pay. You're in great hands.

We thank you again for the sale, and hope you like them.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:43 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the clarification Damon - my experiences with TR have all been perfect and I continue to remain loyal.

I know for a fact that I could phone you and within 2 minutes be off of the phone and (even more) tires would be on the way here.

Kai
Old 12-02-2011, 05:04 PM
PChar
Racer

You had no prior contact with Trevor on this order prior to inputting it online.
Look you miscontrued this statement in its entirety. I was on the phone with Trevor on and off trying to figure out another tire alternative because the Hankook option was at the least 8-10 weeks out if,... I was lucky. So please dont try to turn my words around. You were not part of this converstation.

You promised you would call me to order on post 21 of this thread. I took the time to answer two PM's from you and beat a competitor's price.
I didn't make any promiss to anyone, I believe I am capable to place an online order by myself. The use of TR reps didn't help me obtain better price, service or advices than I had already received from members of this board. If you'd be truthfull, you wouldn't say that you beat a competiter's price, you simply pointed out that with Tire Rack I wouldn't have to pay taxes, hence the only difference in pricing.

It certainly would have been nice if you would have remembered that when you ordered, that's all. There was a spot in your order to put my name in as a prior contact. I'm sure you can understand my frustration. To make myself available to members here for questions, and get the subsequent orders from it, is how I get paid. Water under the bridge......
I am sorry you didnt get paid on this order, I completely missed the area to input your name in my order, my appologies.

As for the inventory question, our system is set up to show customers if inventory is in stock company wide at the time they place the order. Everything that you ordered was in stock, just in two different warehouses. Once an item is placed into the cart and you proceed to the checkout you will get a screen that shows you where inventory is in stock. Your order had wheels and tires on it, which is four part numbers. 3 of the 4 part numbers were not in stock in the warehouse you selected the order from, and you were shown that before placing the order. You opted to proceed. I see Trevor did change the tires on the order from the Hankooks on backorder to the Yokohamas that were in stock closer to you. Now, all we have to do is transfer the back wheels from one warehouse where they are in stock to the one that the four tires and the other pair of wheels are. Will it take a few days? Yes, but remember that you refused to pay the freight difference when it was offered to you to split the order up and get it to you from different locations. That's the "without compromising" part I'm sure you were referring to.
Look I am not going to debate your process and shipping/handling protocol, all I said was the online system showed several of the Hankook Tire in Stock, but when I talked to trevor on the phone it was all together different. The rear Hankooks were no longer available to me or him to pull with the wheels in a central location. HENCE my compromise to chose a more expensive set of tires.

Would I have been able to do a better job for you than Trevor has on this?

No.

He's doing a fine job working with available inventory and moving product between warehouses internally to keep your costs down within the limits of what you were willing to pay. You're in great hands.

We thank you again for the sale, and hope you like them.
Damon, where have you red that I was disatisfied with either you or Trevor? I never posted anything negative about neither of you. You showed a very strong disconted in my regard in your post, yet I stuck with Tire Rack for my needs and purchases. I have made several recent purchase with tire Rack. This is actually my 2nd set of tires bought this year alone, yes go ahead and check in your system !

Listen nothing was personal, before you posted this. I still intend to do business with TR in the future,... although I will know who not to call,....

Stephane

Quick Reply: OZ Alleggerita Wheels for 964