Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS Autoart *BUILD PROGRESS - NEW PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW Ben! Glorious pictures - keep them coming!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 AM
bigunit_271078
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats really nice. Love the retro interior touches with the seats and especially the steering wheel. I have not seen a SW like it before actually.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:32 AM
PaulW_964
Pro

Great shots of a great car, bet your well chuffed with those Ben
Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 AM
ZG862
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

OCD = Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder, as in people who feel compelled to wash their hands 15 times an hour.

It implies that you have a fantastic attention to detail and that your car is beautiful.

Z

Edit: Sorry - this is in response to post #30. I'm clearly having finger/brain issues today.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 AM
ALEX P
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some great shots there Ben and I still love those headlights.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 PM
ScottR
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful pics.

Just the pics alone are enough to put a smile on my face. You must overjoyed when you open up the garage and see it actually sitting there!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:50 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

very nice car, the interior is class !
those last pictures.... are absolutely beautiful ,
Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Just came back to look again. WOW.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 AM
cuse92
Instructor

Thanks everyone! much appreciated. The photographer was really good quality, so his work shows the details much better than my amateur shots.

BU - the steering wheel is a Motolita, you can definitely get it. It isn't as small as the momo's (the guy who wrote the Total911 article felt it was too big), but I like it better and it fits the "retro" theme.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Hi Ben et al,

I'd really be interested in hearing what you think about the Hayward and Scott exhaust in terms of build quality, noise, finish etc. I have to replace my whole system from the headers all the way to the back including the heat exchangers. Their prices are very competitive when you examine them against say Cargraphic and even a full Fabspeed system. I will be going for a single outlet system. It can be found here
http://www.haywardandscott.com/porsc...le-outlet.html

Greatly appreciates all comments on this rather subjective area.

BTW I absolutely love the look of your car. It is so classic looking and understated. Truly stunning car and from what I have read on this thread a real pleasure to own. I look forward to seeing it in the metal when hopefully mine is back on the road.

Mike
Old 11-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
Hi Ben et al,

I'd really be interested in hearing what you think about the Hayward and Scott exhaust in terms of build quality, noise, finish etc.
I've heard nothing but good things - sound great. Although I will say they are still very expensive.

For considerably less money you could get a custom built exhaust to your own desires/ specs by RedTek's exhaust builder.

I would also recommend having a rolling road remap, what with a tight new engine and full exhaust. You'd see around 300hp...
Old 11-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 471 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by cuse92
Thanks everyone! much appreciated. The photographer was really good quality, so his work shows the details much better than my amateur shots.

BU - the steering wheel is a Motolita, you can definitely get it. It isn't as small as the momo's (the guy who wrote the Total911 article felt it was too big), but I like it better and it fits the "retro" theme.
Fantastic build, looks superb. Pictures are just perfect.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:04 PM
ALEX P
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may be mistaken but I don't know if you can remove the lower valve covers to adjust the tappets with some Hayward & Scott exhausts, worth looking into though as it's a PITA to have to remove the exhaust to do this.

I would say that I had a pre-silencer pipe made by Hayward & Soctt on my old 3.2 engine and a full system on an old Subaru Impreza I used to own & the build quality is good as is the sound.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:31 AM
cuse92
Instructor

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
Hi Ben et al,

I'd really be interested in hearing what you think about the Hayward and Scott exhaust in terms of build quality, noise, finish etc. I have to replace my whole system from the headers all the way to the back including the heat exchangers. Their prices are very competitive when you examine them against say Cargraphic and even a full Fabspeed system. I will be going for a single outlet system. It can be found here
http://www.haywardandscott.com/porsc...le-outlet.html

Greatly appreciates all comments on this rather subjective area.

BTW I absolutely love the look of your car. It is so classic looking and understated. Truly stunning car and from what I have read on this thread a real pleasure to own. I look forward to seeing it in the metal when hopefully mine is back on the road.

Mike
Thanks for the compliments, Mike.

As far as build quality and finish, there are several high-quality manufacturers but you're not going to beat H&S on this point. I've had other aftermarket systems on various 911s (one of which disintegrated) and other cars, and H&S is top-notch, equal to or better than any of them, in those areas. The knock against H&S usually is the price, but if you are saying it is competitive for what you are looking at I don't think you can go wrong with the H&S system.

The one thing I cannot really comment on is the noise (the most important bit!), because a single outlet is different to dual. The one negative with mine is that there is some drone (not unbearable, but annoying if cruising for an extended period) between 2500-3000rpm, which I understand is common in dual-outlet systems on a 964, but not on the singles. But that happens on other duals as well, so it isn't an H&S thing. Other than that, I love the sound of mine (and now that I've got the 6-speed G50, the gearing is such that the drone isn't there anymore when I'm on the highway at cruising speed), it is louder but not boomy at low revs and kind of a nice baritone giant chainsaw effect in the upper revs...

Good luck with your build, am following with much interest!

Ben
Old 12-01-2012, 02:44 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Real nice

Quick Reply: PS Autoart *BUILD PROGRESS - NEW PICS*