Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injection Part ID Help

Old 03-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Tom '74 911
User

Default Injection Part ID Help

Hello -

I have searched the PET diagrams and can't find this specific part for a '90 964. This plastic piece is on the right side of the throttle shaft, opposite the main throttle lever. It rotates w/the throttle shaft and activates a switch at WOT I think. I'm hoping I can source just this small plastic piece and whatever snap ring or retainer it needs (which was missing too). Hopefully the photo is clear enough.

Thanks,
Tom
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Makmov
Super User

You probably can't find like because it's part of the throttle body assembly. You might be able source it from a dismantler... I am guessing.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
crg53
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would give THESE GUYS a call and explain what you are looking for; they are great to deal with and very helpful.
No affiliation..................

Old 03-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Makmov
Super User

Originally Posted by crg53 View Post
I would give THESE GUYS a call and explain what you are looking for; they are great to deal with and very helpful.
No affiliation..................

Yeah, that is who I would recommend too. They are pretty good finding stuff you cannot otherwise find.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Tom '74 911
User

Thanks -

I was hoping it was an oft-broken part that I could just order, replace and be good to go. I will start calling dismantlers to see if I can find a replacement.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 03-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Makmov
Super User

Originally Posted by Tom '74 911 View Post
Thanks -

I was hoping it was an oft-broken part that I could just order, replace and be good to go. I will start calling dismantlers to see if I can find a replacement.

Thanks,
Tom
Yeah, that would have been easy.

I looked and I couldn't come up with a part number or even a picture of in the PET. You'd think it would be right there with the microswitch, so the only conclusion I could come up with was it's likely part of the t-body assembly.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 PM
mojorizing
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Tom '74 911
User

Thanks for the link above - good idea. I was able to find the part ($5) from a dismantler. I will save the old cracked one just in case I need to use the safety wire method mentioned in the thread above.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Tom,
The part is not available separately, but if you send me your address and I will post you one. We remove this part from 964 throttle bodies to fit a TPS for Motec conversions so I'm sure I will have one somewhere.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Tom '74 911
User

Originally Posted by NineMeister View Post
Tom,
The part is not available separately, but if you send me your address and I will post you one. We remove this part from 964 throttle bodies to fit a TPS for Motec conversions so I'm sure I will have one somewhere.
Colin -

Thanks so much for your generous offer. I found one at a dismantler yesterday (cost me $5) and committed to them already.

Thanks again,
Tom

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: