Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro 964 RS parked next to U.S. C2 - definition of "stance"

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:42 PM
OlberJ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get them custom made but they do end up slightly pricey, large "rods" of alloy that get milled down aint cheap.

You've got to watch the length of the spacer and the studs too (unsure on what the 964 uses, studs and nuts or bolts?) otherwise you're left with not much stud poking through the alloy wheel and not much to tighten the nut onto.

The hubcentric spacers normally have the new studs in between the old studs so you bolt the hubcentric spacer to the old hub and then the new hub and studs are on top of that.

5mm spacers with extended studs might give the look you are after at a semi cheap price.

Any more than that i'd be looking at hubcentric spacers myself.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:46 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the color. And the oem Cup I wheels are the only wheels that really look right on a 964 in my opinion. Although Speedlines work too!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Shamus964
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
Love the color. And the oem Cup I wheels are the only wheels that really look right on a 964 in my opinion. Although Speedlines work too!
indeed!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:13 AM
rocketdogbert
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This my old car (genuine Euro RS, Zermatt Silver), no spacers front or (click for full size pic)

John
Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 AM
evoderby
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ACSGP

What is 'centration'?

OK, got it. Doesn't anyone make like 7 mm spacers which replicate the hub profile, and therefore become an extension of the hub w/o its own bolts?
'Centration' originates from the German Zentrierung , a word practised predominently in the southern parts of Germany (Stuttgart to be precise) by people with an engineering background.....and then translated into 'English' by a hungover Dutch guy ;-)

I think I've found the solution to your challenges at a very reasonable price! First time I've seen this type of spacer was at AP CAR at almost €250 a set, these however do the same at a fraction of the cost:

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalo...r_porsche.html

Pre-check whether your car is in fact fitted with three piece hub centering lips http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=h...w=1259&bih=676 (some have been fitted with a single continuous lip http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=h...w=1259&bih=676 ) and you're good to go. I'd say 3 mm is good with standard threads, 6mm is worth checking thread engagement..when in doubt fit longer studs...9mm definately requires longer studs.

Hope this helps....be safe everyone!

Rgds,

Harald
Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 AM
ACSGP
Pro

Originally Posted by evoderby
'Centration' originates from the German Zentrierung , a word practised predominently in the southern parts of Germany (Stuttgart to be precise) by people with an engineering background.....and then translated into 'English' by a hungover Dutch guy ;-)

I think I've found the solution to your challenges at a very reasonable price! First time I've seen this type of spacer was at AP CAR at almost €250 a set, these however do the same at a fraction of the cost:

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalo...r_porsche.html

Pre-check whether your car is in fact fitted with three piece hub centering lips http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=h...w=1259&bih=676 (some have been fitted with a single continuous lip http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=h...w=1259&bih=676 ) and you're good to go. I'd say 3 mm is good with standard threads, 6mm is worth checking thread engagement..when in doubt fit longer studs...9mm definately requires longer studs.

Hope this helps....be safe everyone!

Rgds,

Harald

Thanks Harald, appreciate the effort in finding this.

So the Spigot is the part that centers (centration?) the wheel?

best
Andrew

Last edited by ACSGP; 01-24-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

He has about 32000 on the clock so the low stance probably isnt an issue, Mine is a daily driver, if I went that low I would probably have to carry a floor jack to get in and out of many areas. Still it looks excellent (never realized how high up mine is)

In the 70s I had an MGB-GT and was in Austin Texas , could not get into a driveway in that town because the car was so low!!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Mannyfern
2nd Gear

Thank you for the post. I own a 92 c2 and have been looking for pics on how i would like to mod my suspension and these pics are great. The comparison is fantastic, now I know what I want.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Welcome to the forum Mannyfern.

I couldn't believe my luck, only one spot open and it's next to another 964...a very special 964!
Simple, elegant, and powerful. It's amazing how good a clean, sport-lowered 964 looks.

Here are some more pictures from a different event.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

I need that stance.

Quick Reply: Euro 964 RS parked next to U.S. C2 - definition of "stance"