Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro 964 RS parked next to U.S. C2 - definition of "stance"

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
mroddis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fantastic looking car - everything about it is stunning.
Am i the only one that has scrolled through the photos at least a dozen times today drooling?

(i've copied the photos so that when the time comes, i can recreate my own version....)

Big thanks to 911Jetta for the pictures!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 PM
paa502
Pro

Four times so far today.........Great pictures.

RS ride height with 9s? Anything else going on? The wheels/tires seem to fill out the fenders particularly well
Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 PM
ACSGP
Pro

Qn - How does the RS fill out the wheel arches sooooo nicely. Is the ET for the Mg wheels different, or does it use spacers?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Bassen
Instructor

@ACSGP i think it is just european, because most of the cars here fill out the wheel arches sooooo nicely

Name:  sized_Raf964SolPl.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  73.1 KB
This one is only lowerd, no spacers.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:44 PM
vasculardoc
Instructor

OT but what brand car seats are you using in the back of your C2 and did you have to modify the bases of them at all to make them fit ? I dunno how many photos I have of my little boy (now 4yo) in my car with the same silly grin on his face as your boy ! Porsche junkies from an early age. :-)
Old 01-19-2011, 12:28 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Thanks for the possitive comments guys, glad I could share the pictures.
(I've also looked at the pictures a couple times today...just to hold onto the memories!)
It was another cool experience with my 964, I'm so glad I bought this car a couple years ago!

Regarding filling out the wheel arches...
The rear wheels look perfect, but don't the RS's fronts look a tucked-in in comparison? Luckly I was able to take a couple comparsion pictures.

My wheel info. if it helps understand/compare the RS's setup?
Front - 17 x 7.5 / 52mm offset
Tires: Sumitomo HTR Z III - 205/50ZR17
Rear - 17 x 9 / 47mm offset
Tires: Sumitomo HTR Z III - 255/40ZR-17
Attached Images   
Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vasculardoc
OT but what brand car seats are you using in the back of your C2 and did you have to modify the bases of them at all to make them fit ? I dunno how many photos I have of my little boy (now 4yo) in my car with the same silly grin on his face as your boy ! Porsche junkies from an early age. :-)
Doc,
Checout this thread for my experience fitting a car seat in a 964:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=19642
Please note the fit is a little different in a cab. though. (but the seat bottom should fit fine).

Now that my son (7 1/2) just needs a booster bottom, I've taken the liberty of cutting both the back and bottom of the back of the seat to give him a couple more inches of room. He loves it back there! (so does my 4 year old daughter - not happy in this picture). Same seats, one stock...one modded.
Attached Images   
Old 01-19-2011, 02:28 AM
ACSGP
Pro

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Thanks for the possitive comments guys, glad I could share the pictures.
(I've also looked at the pictures a couple times today...just to hold onto the memories!)
It was another cool experience with my 964, I'm so glad I bought this car a couple years ago!

The rear wheels look perfect, but don't the RS's fronts look a tucked-in in comparison? Luckly I was able to take a couple comparsion pictures.

My wheel info. if it helps understand/compare the RS's setup?
Front - 17 x 7.5 / 52mm offset
Tires: Sumitomo HTR Z III - 205/50ZR17
Rear - 17 x 9 / 47mm offset
Tires: Sumitomo HTR Z III - 255/40ZR-17
Looks like the fronts for both yours and the RS are the same, but I'm intrigued about how the rears protrude further out.

Anyone can shed any light on this? My 17" Cup 1s look exactly like 911Jetta's position, and I would prefer it to look closer to the RS ET.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:43 AM
RichiRich
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
Is the owner of this 964 RS in the US temporarily; asking due to the European plates.
FYI - the plates are not valid German plates, they would have to read S RS 964 to be valid: Town or city (1-3 alpha digits), then 1-2 alpha digits, then 1-4 numeric digits.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:29 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your picture above shows perfectly that the RS has been set up with more negative camber which makes them look more tucked in at the arch line.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:59 AM
paa502
Pro

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Your picture above shows perfectly that the RS has been set up with more negative camber which makes them look more tucked in at the arch line.
Believe you are responding to the comment concerning the fronts. Still trying to understand how the rears fill out the fenders so perfectly - is it more than lowered with 9s? Wouldn't the RS alignment contribute also?

I think I recall reading the offsets are the same for the magnesium wheels. There is a set on Ebay/Germany w/ rear ET 55.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paa502
Believe you are responding to the comment concerning the fronts. Still trying to understand how the rears fill out the fenders so perfectly - is it more than lowered with 9s? Wouldn't the RS alignment contribute also?

I think I recall reading the offsets are the same for the magnesium wheels. There is a set on Ebay/Germany w/ rear ET 55.
Yes, I was just responding to 911Jetta's query about the fronts compared to his own car. I would put money on the RS in the pictures having big spacers on the rear to make it fill the arches. The standard rear mags have the same width and offset as cup 1s (9/55) so they alone won't create the effect. Many of the RS guys I know over here have 15 mm spacers to achieve the same effect. And I believe that the 964 cup (euro) had 20 mm spacers in standard racing trim.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:39 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Yes, I was just responding to 911Jetta's query about the fronts compared to his own car. I would put money on the RS in the pictures having big spacers on the rear to make it fill the arches. The standard rear mags have the same width and offset as cup 1s (9/55) so they alone won't create the effect. Many of the RS guys I know over here have 15 mm spacers to achieve the same effect. And I believe that the 964 cup (euro) had 20 mm spacers in standard racing trim.
Interesting comments...I love what I learn here everyday!

With my son in tow I really didn't have the time to look as closely at the RS as I would have liked...thankfully I took a bunch of random pictures.

I think I see a huge spacer in the picture below?
I didn't notice a spacer up front, but I like your comment in regards to the front camber...the wheel would look more tucked-in with negative camber.

A question on Boxsey's comment about the Cup cars running rear spacers...what about the front?
Would front spacers cause more understeer, so spacers where just put on the rear to balance handling?

Back to looking at pictures of the car...
Attached Images   
Old 01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Nyeguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are killing me. My car is in for suspension swap / lowering & brakes. Checked in yesterday, but no progress yet. Hoping to have back for the Rolex 24 weekend! I do love that color.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Maybe others can decipher rings in shadow, but all looks fine to me.
The dark ring I might take as spacer... (or, the light one.):

Name:  spacer-1_.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  106.2 KB

He loves it back there! (so does my 4 year old daughter - not happy in this picture).

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I've seen That look from a woman.
She's learning early, I see: the "I'm-Not-having-fun-going-nowhere" look.
(Better fire up that machine, and get a-moo-vin!)
Got a one of those at my house, too. Best to keep the car moving...

Quick Reply: Euro 964 RS parked next to U.S. C2 - definition of "stance"