Sponsored by:

Friday frippery and frivolity

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:06 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friday frippery and frivolity

Well, not much today, but the weekend expects to be a bit busy. Meeting with a wedding client tomorrow for the deposit for my 4th wedding of the year. I meet with them in the same city as my in-laws and I think given the gorgeous weather I'll be taking the Porsche for that one. I'll take the car seat along so my daughter can ride home with me if she wants. My wife will be driving the chase vehicle a few hours behind me as she is rummaging off some of the kids old clothing.

Sunday I'm working the suites for the Brewers game, but after that I'm going to set up my studio lights and play. I need to see what this new camera can really do. Might get lucky enough to get some shots with my wife, too

Monday we've got friends coming over. We'll grill up some dead meat things, or some ground meat in the form of bratwurst gotta love a good grill-out. I spent a few hrs last week cleaning up the grill too, and now it heats well, and looks sooooooo much better. Sprayed a few parts black again, instead of the rust red color they had gotten. No full respray yet though.

so--- what about you?
Old 05-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Busy weekend with the cars... need to finish the 964 (boots, A-arm bushings, raise it to avoid the brake lock, bleed the brakes...). Need to progress the FIAT (POR15 in the interior so I can install the new fuel line, new carpet set, install the seats and start the fitting of the top). Then one day has to be for the family to go to the beach...
Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

(other people) know you're a 911 owner when they offer to take your suitcases and beach chairs in their car so you can drive your Porsche!

My mother-in-law offered to take all the necessary beach supplies (and there is a lot to take with when two young sand sculptors are involved) so I could take the 964 to the beach this weekend. Do I have a wonderful mother-in-law or what?!!

It's a nice two hour drive to the beach... nice because it's low stress, but boring highway. I'll be doing the road trip with my two kids (7 and 3 1/2). Given that they will be in a cramped space, with bad AC, no radio, removed sound proofing, (and NO DVD) I get no complaints from them at all. Actually all the noise and vibration should put my daughter to sleep for most of the drive. I reward/bribe them with the occasional truck stop treat. Remember when your parents said, "you've been good, get a special drink."

I'll also be visiting a friend while I'm down there...not a 964 but it should be a fun ride!

Last edited by 911Jetta; 05-28-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:52 PM
95Rover
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default waiting...

A couple more weeks for my 964 to show up! So I get to clean the garage, and maybe even paint it, all in preparation. Also, I will have to see when I can hit the Secretary of State and title transfer, fees etc.. In the meantime I am heading down to Starved Rock State Park tomorrow with Family and dog! Woof! Have a good holiday weekend everyone!
Old 05-28-2010, 01:12 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Nothing much planned over the weekend - Monday is a public holiday here, so inevitably the forecast is for rain. Still last weekend was baking hot (way above the seasonal average) with clear blue skies and I was completely spoiled (since it was my birthday) so I guess I can't complain.

I'm going back to the dealer I bought the turbo from tomorrow, to have one of these fitted. Not sure it will suit the car - if not, it will be moved across to the 964. If it does - and I like it - I may buy one for the 964 too!
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2010, 01:34 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Originally Posted by 95Rover
A couple more weeks for my 964 to show up! So I get to clean the garage, and maybe even paint it, all in preparation. Also, I will have to see when I can hit the Secretary of State and title transfer, fees etc.. In the meantime I am heading down to Starved Rock State Park tomorrow with Family and dog! Woof! Have a good holiday weekend everyone!

where do you hail from? SR is only about 3 hrs from me.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:35 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Putting in the track pads, flushing the fluid, and putting on the track wheels with Toyo R888s, in preparation for next Wednesday's track day
Old 05-28-2010, 07:11 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

visit to audi forum near harajuku, tokyo....wanted to see new spyder v-10 in the flesh - but forgot camera so all pics via cel phone. miss the roadster.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Drove 8 hours down to the track yesterday for a BMW School today - some wet snow overnight but none stayed. It was cold and wet all day though but still fun.

Marc
Old 05-29-2010, 01:23 PM
xeps
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woke up to several inches of snow (bah!).

Time to clean out the garage, methinks...
Old 05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Playing with the grandkids. Cleaned up my son's 19-year old Fisher Price electric car, so the grandson could drive it. 15 years worth of dirt and mouse poop. New batteries and three buckets of dirty water later... and it looked and worked great. We went fishing in our pond, too - caught a few bluegill, bass, and a 4 pound catfish. Definitely fun. Going to the Indy 500 tomorrow - with several folks wearing the Gold Creek Guzzlers Racing Team shirts. It's stinkin hot today and will be again tomorrow. Going to a local winery for pizza wine and live music this evening. I need to finish cleaning up the 964 from last weekends track days, put the street brake pads back in, and change the oil - hopefully on Monday.
Life is Good.
Have Fun, Be Safe. And remember the reason for Memorial Day - all of our Grandfathers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters, Sons,... who have served to protect our way of life.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by xeps
Woke up to several inches of snow (bah!).

Time to clean out the garage, methinks...
Snow at the track too but a day at the track in the snow is still better than a day anywhere else.

Marc

Quick Reply: Friday frippery and frivolity