Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by competition
How many Porsche models were produced in such limited quantities.
IIRC, there were only 11 916's produced.
There was one for sale for $325K (San Francisco IIRC).
Beautiful car.

But if it's a rare 964, it would be a 964 C4 Lightweight or a slantnose.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:41 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by blake
I don't see how a '92 US Cup sale will help the resale value of your '93/'94 RSA.... These cars are COMPLETELY unrelated.

BTW - great website Bob. I have had it bookmarked for many, many years. I was able to check out a low miles 92 Cup last summer and was in awe of the cut frame in the engine compartment. That is one serious car, and on my list to own someday...

-B
Ask Porsche why and they will tell you this " We recognize the RS America as the only RS model type in the USA and Canada".
Old 07-21-2009, 10:45 PM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like marketing to me, but I digress...
Old 07-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcar#12
PJS if you want to see one - shoot me a PM i'm local

i'm not selling but every car has a price
PJ, if you arrange a viewing of this car, let me know. Would love to tag along. Jim
Old 07-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a point of Clarification - Bob Gagnon and I (Rob) worked on the site. The Pictures were taken at Andial durring the build phase for the USA Cup cars by Bob Gagnon. We both put the site together.

its confusing since were both Robert's and our screen names are nearly the same (cosidence really) - Bob Gagnon is Cupcar - Me (Rob Lynch) i'm Cupcar#12

hope that helps to straigten things out.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:54 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Busta - sure it's my car so its pretty easy
i sometimes go to the monthly Pelican parts forums meet at XXX in issaquah - just let me know and we could meet up there or for Coffee somewhere in the area.

My car is in as delivered from Andial with some small non-visable modifications currently.

Pete mentioned scraps left in the Andial cars - yes and some were better than others for instance the race spec shocks and springs were left in mine, as well as the series DME chip, and the ABS defeat switch harness (unplugged in the central electrics) and of course the roll bar supports in the engine compartment.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 380 Posts

Busta - sure it's my car so its pretty easy
i sometimes go to the monthly Pelican parts forums meet at XXX in issaquah - just let me know and we could meet up there or for Coffee somewhere in the area.
Sounds like a plan, Rob. I'll let you know if I can make the next one. Would love to see your car. Jim
Old 07-22-2009, 05:31 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
That price is very aggressive! The strongest prices during the past five or so years have been for the first 25 Andial cars, particularly those that were converted back to race specs after purchase by Andial. Mine, #4, appreciated to the point that I finally sold it, getting a GT3 with 8k miles and a bag of cash in return (then sold the GT3 for $4k more than we valued it in the deal). It was totally refurbed and needed nothing after 25k track-only miles.

The "Port Cars" that were completely legal to Federal Specs and never converted by Andial, have never seemed to command the prices of the Andial cars, although this one is somewhat unique as a museum piece. $150k? No.
That is what I thought... find the "right buyer" type of a price.

They have the website wrong (i'll email them) its htts://www.carreracupusa.org

on the price - i feel it is strong but several cars in the past 1.5 years have sold in the 80-105K range all were current PCA race cars and sold in this config.

Street cars should be worth the same or slightly more due to so many being converted to PCA spec.

a good car can bring =>100K, 150K might be a strech but possible as has been said there is a price for every car. I could see a 5-800 mile (andial) car bringing this.

PJS if you want to see one - shoot me a PM i'm local

i'm not selling but every car has a price
I wish I was in the market for one of these... A freind of mine sent me the link, I got excited, wanted to post the price inquiry on RL to see what people thought... I also checked with another frind of mine in the know and he echoes what you guys are saying -- asking price is aggressive etc..

Thanks for the offer... I will take you up on it.

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
PJ, if you arrange a viewing of this car, let me know. Would love to tag along. Jim
Will do!

SO is a Euro 964RS imported a better "get" in the long run? I am thinking so...

Again -- I am simply pontificating/dreaming
Old 07-22-2009, 05:44 PM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3

SO is a Euro 964RS imported a better "get" in the long run? I am thinking so...
I'll weigh in on this....

I do not think a Euro RS will be a better "get" over the long run. Collectors will look more closely at this car in 10-20 years IMHO due to low production numbers and that it was "factory" federalized. Now a 964 Euro Cup with strong racing pedigree might become equally or more collectible. Personally, I think the 92 US Cup has been a steal for the last decade. I could have purchased a low miles Andial car for $65K in summer 2003. I would have made a nice profit if I had held it for 3 years...

My $0.02,
-Blake
Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

At those numbers I would much rather just import an RS. I have no idea what it would cost to federalize however...
Old 07-22-2009, 07:17 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

From a racing standpoint, there is no comparison between the USA cups and the Euro cups. A USA cup is a pig (sad but true)
Old 07-22-2009, 07:18 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know I guess I am getting old. For that money I would rather have a 2010 GT 3 special ordered in Maritime blue with matching sport seats and sport roll bar, sport chrono, navi and blue stitching...and throw in a full European delivery three week vacation for myself and my wife....I digress.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:34 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by bauerjab
From a racing standpoint, there is no comparison between the USA cups and the Euro cups. A USA cup is a pig (sad but true)
You've owned both to compare. I have and raced both. To say the US Cup is a pig is a little extreme. The US Cup weighs roughly 250lbs more and have 17" heavy wheels, unlike the Euro Cup that is 2550lbs and everything is lightweight. The average guy, I don't think they would be able to tell a huge amount of difference. I do however feel these car are a lot faster than all of the other 964s, maybe with the exception of the 3.6 Turbo S. I have race time sheets to prove it.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:42 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have driven both on a track and currently race a Euro Cup that I own. To me, 250 lbs from the perspective of racing, is an awful lot of weight. That's all that I was saying. A USA cup is still a fantastic car, but not worth the money IMO if all you want to do is race.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by pete000
Beautiful car, good luck with that price....

Basically an RS America with a battery cut off switch, and no hood shocks.

150 grand and no sport seats or whale tail !
Amen. I don't understand the collector mentality when it comes to cars like this.
But hey, its still a free country (er, sort of)- whatever you want to collect- go for it. I'm firmly in the camp of "I haven't met a Porsche I didn't want to thrash on the track" and for a buck fifty it would be later Cup car for me. That said I hope the buyer and seller agree to terms and think they both got a great deal.

Last edited by Ritter v4.0; 07-22-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Carerra Cup USA car for sale in Monterey