Sponsored by:

Carerra Cup USA car for sale in Monterey

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete i beg to differ - we have a chart on our site which details the major diffferences among the 5 series of cars in question.

its located here -> http://www.carreracupusa.org/article...%20Edition.pdf

this was written by Bob Gagnon (also an owner of a USA Cup)

The USA Cup is not a Euro RS - never was suspose to be or marketed as such.
but they do have RS serial # engines and Transmissions as well as a lot of the other kit.

They also have Normal USA C2 serial #'s But recieved ALL of the RS/Cup series enhancements (seam welding, etc).
They also had Electric windows and the full US spec wiring harness (although as i have found, they Did NOT have the unneeded modules like the antenna booster, and other select ones), They Did have the US spec airbags and lower dash (nessecatating the Elec windows, btw since the RS cranks do not clear the lower dash) .

Not an RS and definitly not an RSA but something different altogether for a specific purpose in the US market. it IS however the only 964 which was a US model WITH the RS motor and Gear box among other things.
All in all a LOT rarer than the RS (all versions past and present) or any other 964 series cars.

To make a C2 a Cup would cost more than buying a cup car - if you did it right, do it half assed and your right though.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:55 AM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would not be that tough to build one from a C2 not half assed, and not for 150 grand either.

It could be even better. But not as Rare.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:26 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

real seam welding and wrinkle hood paint...yum...but whats up with the tach...that ain't right...
for the money the c4 lightweight would be far more rare last one I saw had a $165K ask, or you could get yourself a few eurocups with race provenance...$150K seems like some serious coin...
Old 07-21-2009, 03:30 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Geoffery built his RSR for less than that i am sure. It always depends on what you do - to what detail - and who does it.

i was speaking of making a copy of an RS or a US cup - which is not worth it yet....

there are examples of "R" type 964 which are faster, better on the track, etc. Sure
Old 07-21-2009, 03:37 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

on the Tach - looks like a sticker redline to me.

on my rarer ...series 964's - i was refering to road cars - the C4LW is rarer still than a US cup (along with the RSR Turbo LeMans even more so, but both are race cars only)
Old 07-21-2009, 04:12 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
RS America was what we got here and is the official Porsche statement. If it does sell which I hope it does, my RSA just went up in value.
I don't see how a '92 US Cup sale will help the resale value of your '93/'94 RSA.... These cars are COMPLETELY unrelated.

BTW - great website Bob. I have had it bookmarked for many, many years. I was able to check out a low miles 92 Cup last summer and was in awe of the cut frame in the engine compartment. That is one serious car, and on my list to own someday...

-B
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 AM
competition
Instructor

Often not enough consideration is given to the fact that there were originally only 45 US cups. Probably quite a few less exist now. How many Porsche models were produced in such limited quantities? Furthermore it is the only "cup car"/ factory race car ever made by Porsche that can legally be driven on the street in the US. That alone makes it worthy of collection and a different animal than a RS AMERICA (which is also a nice car just different). The trades that I know of recently have been between friends and in the "range" being discussed here.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:54 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

When refering to Andial conversion cars are you refering to the original 25 that were converted to race cars and reconverted back to street cars or the few that re-reconverted back to race cars by Andial.
Phil
Old 07-21-2009, 11:29 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
When refering to Andial conversion cars are you refering to the original 25 that were converted to race cars and reconverted back to street cars or the few that re-reconverted back to race cars by Andial.
Phil
I am referring to the first ones coverted by Andial that had to be reconverted back to street cars.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:20 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by blake

I was able to check out a low miles 92 Cup last summer and was in awe of the cut frame in the engine compartment.

-B
What are you referring to by "Cut Frame" just curious...

As for the 150 G asking price ask for the moon, some nut might just pay it and usually does !
Old 07-21-2009, 12:30 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I know on mine, there where the the pieces from the matter cage attcahed still in the engine compartment. I am assuming that is what he is talking.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:37 PM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by pete000
Marketing scam?? USA safety regulations prevented them from selling a 964 RS in the USA with out air bags, crank windows, and light weight Glass,,,

good grief you should have figured that one out.

No marketing scam...They did the best they could with what they had to deal with.

If the RSA is such a scam why do you own one?
I sold mine...it was my winter driver...Worth too much to drive all winter, I love the seats. I traded her for a C4 with Snow tires... Marketing Scam that is still working.

They could have done much more.

Go drive an Euro RS VS. A RSA VS. a C2.

No comparison.

An X game Rally racer drove both my Euro RS and the RSA back to back. He has driven very few Porsche cars over the years. He is a Subaru guy...

When he was finished he asked me if the cars were made by same company???... Night and Day...

If you ever get the oportunity, drive the cars on the same day on the same road. Then send me a PM of your experience.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:43 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by clubrcr
I know on mine, there where the the pieces from the matter cage attcahed still in the engine compartment. I am assuming that is what he is talking.
Correct. I was referring to the tubing/cage. Bob's website calls it the "Engine Roll cage extension tube" (see pic below)

And the car I looked at (purchased from Seinfeld w 2K on the odometer) was for sale at $120K last spring. The owner said he paid "just north of $100K"...

BTW - great comparison here between the RSA and US Cup: http://p-car.com/porsche/gary/cup.html

-B
Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Thats funny that they left scraps in the engine compartment...
Old 07-21-2009, 09:22 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

LOL - you crack me up Pete....

-B

Quick Reply: Carerra Cup USA car for sale in Monterey