Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

running costs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Brentflyfish
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wellcraft 290 - I would tend to agree with you., If it is anice car and was repaired correctly then why not? Sure the paint may not be original , but we are talking about 20 year old drivers, not show cars.

The issue, from my perspective, is that if I ever want to sell the car I am dealing with explaining the accident to the next buyer. I also know that the body was repaied and an not sure it was 100% correctly done - I would hope the PPI will tell me.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Brentflyfish
Rennlist Member

Hey TN guys (Guards964 and GFMCL) - who works on your car and who would you recommend doing a PPI?

Ever used Autotech or others in nashville?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:55 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

You know the sad part is even if carfax doesn't show an accident I bet there was one. i know we all have had some work never reported to one car or another. Also I have owned a jaguar that was involved in teo serious accidents and fixed correctly thru insurance other guy's fault, but tried carfax one of those free weekends to try car fax years ago and no accidents came up.. I personally rather know what happened thru a carfax then hear from the seller I only had a panel painted do to whatever reason they can think of.. Carfax says no frame damage etc and I did have a PPi and the seller gave me pics of the car being repaired. I still think to buy a 964 for 15k you are buying a very high mileage example or one that needs a lot of work.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Brentflyfish
Rennlist Member

Well - we agreed on a price pending the PPI results. Hope to get it all squared away by early next week.

Thanks everyone and thanks Guards964 for all the help today. I will post pics when she is officially mine.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Brentflyfish
Rennlist Member

update: I talked with the PPI mechanic and the only issues identified were:
1. AC needs a charge
2. very slight oil leak from rocker shaft
3. needs the distributer caps, rotors and wires changed

That was it. The leak down reported between 3-5% across all cyl. Everything checked out fine. I got a quote and was shocked at the est for the repairs but also realized that i can address them at my own pace. Should have her by next week - looking forward to the first drive.

Quick Reply: running costs?