Best extra BHP mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 08:54 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

The 9m stainless steel header & exhaust system is £3500+VAT plus fitting, no cats or heat exchangers, runs consistently less than 105dBa (so fine for the average "noisy" track day) and as well as the measured power gain the engines also rev more urgently. The design is a left to right crossover with twin outboard silencers, similar to the 993 with a cat bypass. You can run either single rhs outlet with a down pointing lhs outlet or convert the bumper to a double cutout like the 964 turbo and run twin outlets.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:43 AM
geordie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colin,

Is your 964 s/s header & exhaust system, er, MOT friendly ?

I'm currently in the USA & will return to Blighty with my LHD 964 this year. I had considered purchasing a (cat- free) header & exhaust from a well known American manufacturer, but am unsure re MOT worthiness. An opinion on this board or through pm would be warmly received.

Kind regards.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:58 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Well, all the cars we have fitted them to are road legal, and none have had a knock back with respect to MOT testing. The only thing that you need to be aware of is that technically all 1993 K-plate cars have to have a cat fitted, obviously the 9m header set doesn't run them but they could be incorporated in the crossover pipes if required.

Quick Reply: Best extra BHP mods