C4 guy's HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:19 PM
user 783003
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elbeee964
Yes, I did. Kind of. (RS = Radio Shack)

I didn't find the listed LED's in my RS's LED drawer. Was looking for the clear, 12V LEDs for the upper three lights. Only found Red, 12V LEDs. Was impatient, decided not to wait for a special order (of the clear types) to come in, so bought and tried the Reds.

Worked fine. Love them. Will never burn out.
I looked some more. RS does not mean Radio Shack in that DIY. It is a Netherlands supply house. http://nl.rs-online.com/web/home.html P/N 283-0011 is the one he was referring to.

Regarding your 12V red LED's, you installed w/o a resistor? Did you install this on your spoiler switch light as well? How did it look with the green backing?

Also, the 12V LED's you bought were the 5mm bulbs? Did they fit fine?

Thanks,
Old 12-13-2008, 08:38 PM
user 783003
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elbeee964
Yes, I did. Kind of. (RS = Radio Shack)

I didn't find the listed LED's in my RS's LED drawer. Was looking for the clear, 12V LEDs for the upper three lights. Only found Red, 12V LEDs. Was impatient, decided not to wait for a special order (of the clear types) to come in, so bought and tried the Reds.

Worked fine. Love them. Will never burn out.

I just finished the same thing. Red 12V, 5mm LED's from Radio Shack. They're not as bright as I'd like, but they're ON!. BTW, this was my first solder since Tech School in the USAF back in '93!

Only problem now is that the light above the spoiler didn't come on. Does that one only light up at spoiler speed?

Anyone know what the little red light below my spoiler dial is? My assumption is that it belongs to the Viper alarm system whose books are in my glove box.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: C4 guy's HELP