Sponsored by:

does anyone own this lift??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:37 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default does anyone own this lift??????

www.ezcarlift.com i know that its exspensive, but its the portability that i am interested in. does anyone own one??
Old 03-10-2008, 07:55 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I dont have that one but I would be sure the lift points will match the 964 lift points. Those wide pads could mash a oil line or something else unless they are adjustable.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 AM
newsboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I would only purchase a lift like this, if portability or height limitations were an issue. A full hydraulic lift can be purchased new for around $2,500.00.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a midrise lift at my house due to space limitations. It has 2 large pads that run the length of the car like the one you pictured and it has worked for every car I've put on it.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:38 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default lift

Geoffrey , what type do you have? each lift has its pros and cons. to be honest i would take the 2 post if i had achoice, but do not have the space and do not want to blow holes in the concrete. i do not like that the lift has to be fixed in one place either. at least with this one you can center it in the middle of the garage or what ever you want. i was just hoping someone had one and could comment. i would still like to know what you have??? thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

that lift looks like the ticket for the home mechanic.
I am in the market for a mid rise, but the lack of accessibility under the center of the car is an issue.
it does look a little expensive, especially since you will be providing the lifting power. but the portability rocks.
sounds like you should arrange a group buy.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a PMI lift and it works great. It is low enough for my race car to clear wthout the boards on the sides like the bend-a-pack lifts, however, it does not lift the car as high. I have complete access from the front of the trans backwards, and from the front jack points forward. I can take off the center tunnel without much difficulty as the cross support of the lift is made in such a way that it is out of the way.

One other though, it does not allow for access to the oil tank drain plug, so oil changes require an extra step of lowering the back onto jack stands so you have access and can put a catch pan under it.

Here is a picture

Last edited by Geoffrey; 03-10-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

dutch, now i'm hating you.
I just wasted the last 40 minutes looking at lifts.
seems like the beemer boys like the ezcarlift and the domestic boys like the qwiklift.
i'm trying to get to the greg smith showroom today to look at lifts, luckily it's only about 20 minutes away.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I just bought a Bend-Pak MD-6XP from www.metro-lifts.com. $1635 with free shipping to Canada (no affil.).

It is the same lift that Jaime and JimQ have so I am confident it will work well with the 964.

Marc
Old 03-10-2008, 10:52 AM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
I just bought a Bend-Pak MD-6XP from www.metro-lifts.com. $1635 with free shipping to Canada (no affil.).

It is the same lift that Jaime and JimQ have so I am confident it will work well with the 964.

Marc
Northern Tool has these lifts for about the same price: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...2674_200102674

I've been thinking about something like this for a while.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:36 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Post nice

Looks interesting!
I might be swayed in its direction After giving one a bunch of good shove tests while it sat loaded at "man-underneath" height. (And -- yeah -- I saw their video showing that. Still...) Also, I'd want a look at the beefiness of that 'internal' jack-screw assy.

Caution-wise -- with my "a&& in the sling" -- I'm kind of funny, these ways.

Edit --
Hey, Risky! - that Northern Tool rig I understand.
That's one I can see what to trust and not trust. For instance, it's hydraulics -- I wouldn't overtly trust 'em without that Mondo-beefy pinned "at-height" resting support between the cylinders. Also, all the moment arms are rather generous, here. (Downside -- it's built to "Made in China" standards...)

This screw-jack rig being discussed is a shorter-moment/higher-loaded pivot mechanism design. Also, it doesn't have a safety pinned-while-up feature (that I could see.) Seems to only count on the lifting mechanism as the load bearing device. That's slightly spooky, if true. (Even if it IS US-made: Design: )

Lift - And pin.... Separate mechanisms. Belts and Suspenders.
That's what I've got to see before committing to get squished.
As it is, I'd probably use jack stands, somehow/anyhow, with this new rig.

Then, again, I wish I had a 'grease pit' in my garage. (grease pit = where they took cover in "Twister")

Last edited by elbeee964; 03-10-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:50 AM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elbeee964
Looks interesting!
I might be swayed in its direction After giving one a bunch of good shove tests while it sat loaded at "man-underneath" height. (And -- yeah -- I saw their video showing that. Still...) Also, I'd want a look at the beefiness of that 'internal' jack-screw assy.

Caution-wise -- with my "a&& in the sling" -- I'm kind of funny, these ways.
I do risk management for a living and I have the same feeling about many of the lift designs. I would want to see them loaded and be able to shove on the vehicle before I slide under. It's thinking about this sort of thing that resulted in me grinding off my rear shock mounting bolts instead of wrenching them. Wrenching them just seemed like going out of my way to try to pull the car off the jack stands onto my chest. I'd rather fight the sparks.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default ez lift group buy

i have never done a group buy before but i talked with the designer and he will do a group buy for a minimum of 3 units. its gets cheaper if i can get 6 and over.

let me tell you what iasked about, i ask if the unit was solid , yes it is
do i need to use jack stands, no but if you want you can.

do you have money back return, yes 30 days unit must be in good condition in the same box , less shipping fees booth ways.

have you ever had a return, no not yet.

i did a measurment of the jack pad on the 964 and the fronts are a little wider than the rears. but with our measurments the jack unit can face foward or turned to the side/ side ways and all jack point will be on the unit.

can i put blocks because our rear jack pads are a little recesses on the body, says yes either wood or hockey puck.

have you ever sold one or jacked a porsche, yes early 911 and 993, have not done 964.

i like this lift because you can store it away, take with to the track, over a friends house and what not.

price is 1625 plus 150 shipping for 3-5 units

price is 1655 plus 150 shipping for 6-10 units

these shipping prices are in the usa only.

if you are interested let me know, it will not commit you till we see how many we can get together.

i will post a picture of the 993 when he sends to me.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Anyone know if the jacking points are the same between 964 and 993 ?

(This isn't a note of impending interest, Dutch -- but it's a great question you've alluded to!)
Old 03-10-2008, 12:50 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default 993 and 964 jacking points

from what the designer was telling me the measurments take the same bar that goes between jacks. but i will verify.

no commitment required, just want to see those that are intersted.

Quick Reply: does anyone own this lift??????