Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the difference between Recaro SPG and PP, and how do I fit these ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Jan-Terje
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's the difference between Recaro SPG and PP, and how do I fit these ??

I'm having a bit of a headache here. My seats are Recaro Pole Position SPG !!! everywhere I turn I get the impression that SPG is one model and PP another.

These are the lables:

Left side:

Under:

And to be honest I realy don't care which model they are as long as the seats fit my car. To start with I have been "doing things" to a set of Recaro brackets which sort of make the brackets fit. I didnt like it, so I went to EBS racing and bought a set of BK P-9063 brackets. When they arrived they just dont fit:

It's upside down offcourse, but clearly the rear mounts will never fit.

I've been reading this thread over and over: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/336267-cup-car-spg-mounting-details.html

It must be my seats that are odd ? What part numbers do you have on your seats ?

And even if the bracket and seat fit I can't see how the lap belt mount on the tunnelside should fit. I'm sure I have seen RS's with this seat AND with regular 3pt harness. Does the BK part, R-9005, have the same dimensions as the Porsche part ? I have the one from Porsche.

Please help me out here, I'm going nuts
Old 02-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The SPG is the original one piece seat. The Pole Position SPG is the XL version of the SPG and is larger in width and requires wider seat brackets as you've found out. The SPG is similar in width to the Pro Racer and the PP SPG is similar in width to the Pro Racer XL series.

BTW, the FIA date expired several years ago...
Old 02-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Jan-Terje
Intermediate

So, my seats are SPG XL then, that explains it.

I'm aware of the FIA date, but for now I'm not that serious and the rules for the series I'm going to race allow this.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Jan-Terje
Intermediate

I found some more info on the Recaro seats, this one looks very much like my seat:

More on this link: http://www.khmotorsport.se/recmatt.htm

Thought this might be of interest ....
Old 02-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Southampton76
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you have the mounts around the wrong way around! The multi adjustment holes go to the back
Old 02-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Southampton76
Racer

I had a look at my brackets I have the adjustment holes towards the rear of the bracket. It gives you more rake on the seat.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Jan-Terje
Intermediate

OK, I'm fairly sure they are ment to be installed the way I did. At least the Recaro brackets has markings, if you look at this picture (stolen from the other thread):

What brackets do you have ?

My brackets are the BK 9063 which are identical on both sides of the seat I will only move my problem to the other side by reversing them.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Southampton76
Racer

I have B & K brackets like yours
Old 02-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Southampton76
Racer

bolt the mount to the rear bolt hole and lay them flat on the ground. Then, remove the front bolt and try different holes. They will fit. The idea for the multiple holes is provide rake adjustment. They are the correct mounts
Old 02-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Jan-Terje
Intermediate

I tried it now. It wont fit.
Look:

The holes dont align properly, and the bracket conflicts with the "harness hole frame".

And if it did it would change the rake the oposite way, ie tilt the seats forward.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:06 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

Hi,

I've just read quickly through the thread,and I have the spg's and recaro side mounts on mine.I just pulled the cover off my car in the garage and the three holes are at the fwd position on mine. I photographed my mates factory rs and another mates factory rsr and copied the factory position when I fitted mine in.
The mounts in the photo aren't recaro? and the recaro photo above that one is the same as mine which has the sticker also on the inside.
I remember when I was putting mine in that the back end of the runners needed spacing out as the floor has a bump in it which caused a little headache.

Regards Gaz,,,
Old 02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Single hole goes in the back and multiple oval holes goes in the front. Now you've got the side mount the wrong way. The seat angle is created by lifting the front of the seat.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Southampton76
Racer

Mine have single holes in the front. Mine are b an K mounts, same as yours and mine fit.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Roland 93
Rennlist Member

I have the exact same seat as you do. I bought these aluminum mounts from Speedware Motorsports, in black. click here They are a perfect fit with the Recaro sliders and leave enough room for the seatbelt receiver at the center tunnel. I did purchase a factory seatbelt bracket (#24 in the PET as posted in the other thread by Joey) and three spacers (#27 in the PET) to level the mounts on the sliders. Hope this helps.

Roland
Old 02-25-2008, 08:16 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CWay27
Single hole goes in the back and multiple oval holes goes in the front. Now you've got the side mount the wrong way. The seat angle is created by lifting the front of the seat.
CWay appears correct -- else when adjusted to lower the back as pictured, you'll get partial bracket coverage over that seatbelt pass-through. (Not abrasion-safe, lads.)

Quick Reply: What's the difference between Recaro SPG and PP, and how do I fit these ??