Sponsored by:

Windscreen Washer - Weak Ejaculate Woes

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:31 PM
jjbunn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 964russ
I removed the anoying flow/return valves to sort mine. Bought new t-shape bits from fish shop!
I had a Saab which had valves that gave up: same symptoms as I have now with the 964. Repairing them was a simple DIY ... just a matter of replacing the perished rubber diaphragms with some roundels of plastic sheet.

So I'm keen to check them out.

But I can't for the life of me see where they are. I've removed the front cover, and I can *feel* the underside of the nozzle units, but I can't see to work. It's a tight squeeze under there, and at the limit of my finger length. Adrian's book doesn't cover this, so I could really use some tips. For a starter, where exactly are the check valves located?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:58 AM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There hiding under there sumwhere.
With the bonnet open i removed the plastic tray thing, and squeezed my hand into the n/s gap near the bonnet hing, messed about a little and found the pipes.
You can pull the washer jet out from the top as well, it only clips in.
The pipes are very thick plastic and are a pain. I changed most of the pipe for thin flexi stuff, took me 15mins or so.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

As I said, pull the whole lot out, takes a while, but you can get rid of the intensive washer bottle etc and about 5 yrds of piping, 2 hour job.

Kevin
Old 02-24-2013, 05:31 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Good thread despite the title

re windscreen washer wiper spray nozzle remove clean aim adjust intensive pump pipe clean reservoir tank.

Didn't realize the nozzles could be aimed so easily
And so easy to gently clip out from the top - helped remove lots of old polish residue too

Quick Reply: Windscreen Washer - Weak Ejaculate Woes