Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD1 Scantool Interface Group Buy (fully assembled)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:54 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 116 Posts

Jim,

I'd be happy to send one your way if Fred can't help. PM me if interested
Old 09-26-2007, 02:05 AM
JR of Folsom
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ricardo,

As one of the many still on the wait list, I understand the dilema and wait patiently as do others. In the meantime, I wonder if we could get some feedback from those who have already received their unit and put it to the test. I'm curious if this tool has assisted in identifying/solving problems or if it's being used as a simple monitoring tool. Recipients, what say you - have you had a chance to make use of Ricardo's handiwork and if so, what are your preliminary findings/evaluation? Was it worth the investment?

Thanks!

JR
Folsom, CA
'93 C2 cab

Originally Posted by RicardoD
Adam,

Thanks for your kind feedback. I plan to email everyone left on the list tomorrow to explain what's taking so long. The fact is I am swamped in orders, demand turned out to be about triple what I expected. I've shipped about 20 units so far which is what I thought the total run will be. So I am slowly making my way down the list and shipping a few every couple of days.

Took 11 days to reach you in Great Britain, not too bad.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:45 AM
ormy
Advanced

Ricardo - you're the man!

My interface arrived today and I must echo previous posters - it looks professionally put together and I can't wait to play with it.

Thanks for all you efforts in putting this together and bringing it to us Rennlisters. Also, thanks to everybody else who contributed to the project.

Once again

John
Old 09-26-2007, 10:00 AM
yellowducman
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JR of Folsom
Ricardo,

As one of the many still on the wait list, I understand the dilema and wait patiently as do others. In the meantime, I wonder if we could get some feedback from those who have already received their unit and put it to the test. I'm curious if this tool has assisted in identifying/solving problems or if it's being used as a simple monitoring tool. Recipients, what say you - have you had a chance to make use of Ricardo's handiwork and if so, what are your preliminary findings/evaluation? Was it worth the investment?

Thanks!

JR
Folsom, CA
'93 C2 cab
I've have one and it is top notch. It is probably worth 8 times the investment as that is what you are going to pay for a used hammer that this will do the same thing (except bleed the PDA's on a C4).

With the interface and the software that comes with it I immediately found the problem with my car that I had be chasing around for a month. It turned out to be a back connection at a knock sensor and was a free fix but without this tool (actually I used the renlist loaner tool before I got this one but it is the same thing) I would have ended up taking the car to someone with a scantool and paying someone to tell me what was wrong with it.

To me for no more than what the interface cost, every 964 owner should have one. My car is 17 years old and things are going to go wrong. The car has a way of telling me what is wrong now that I have the interface and the software.

As you can see. I am a happy user.
Ritchie.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

very interested but-
What soft ware is the CD set up to run with to extract the data -?/
I am Apple - Mac - do I need to have a PC running windows version ???
Old 09-27-2007, 10:05 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gus
very interested but-
What soft ware is the CD set up to run with to extract the data -?/
I am Apple - Mac - do I need to have a PC running windows version ???
I'll trade ya my windows machine for your mac; just so you can run the interface
Old 09-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks for the offer - but I have been MAC since 1984 - every time I work on a PC I have to take a week off from work because my frustration level is peaked out. Think this would be just a good reason to upgrade to the new MAC duo with intel chip that runs window as well-
Old 09-27-2007, 01:12 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Gus,

Two guys are going to run the Scantool software on a Mac. I just shipped out one to a Mac user who seems to know what he is doing. The USB to RS232 converter that I ship with the interface has various Mac drivers (FTDI solution). Anyway, PM me and I can hook you up with those guys to see if they can help you out with a Mac solution.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:49 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have run Ricardo's tool on a Mac, using Parallels and a PC partition (not the solution you were asking about.. but it does work)
Old 09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

well, i have my "ricardobox" coming my way and i'll try to run it on my Pismo first using virtual PC. If not then on the macbook.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:01 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Ricardo, looks like a great product!

I was part of the Cowtown scan tool GB and I need a USB to RS232 converter and Software. Please PM if you have any spares available.

Thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Fred's 964
Racer

Jim, last week there were none on display, but they can check their warehouse. The woman I spoke to thought they had some left. Just ask at the desk for the phone cases I bought. They should remember me, I bought quite a few. I'll check the next time I'm in.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:56 AM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Mo,

PM sent, I didn't see any form you in my inbox.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:09 PM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

got mine, works great on my PC, but will try the mac later.

BTW, I have the OBD-2 version. Can I connect to 2002 BMW330I and read anything? thanks for all the hard work.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:41 AM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Stevepaa,

While your connector is OBDII, your system is still OBD1. I didn't write the software so I have no idea if it will work on the BMW. Also, only 5 required pins on the OBDII connector are hooked up to the interface.

Quick Reply: OBD1 Scantool Interface Group Buy (fully assembled)