Sponsored by:

Do you guys have another hobby?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
.. so to keep me going I bought a gloss black/tortoiseshell Stu Hamm Fender Custom which is filling the gap until I use the insurance money to buy me a new Modulus (if anyone has a nice Q4 for sale please let me know)....
I saw Stu Hamm himself play a couple of times when he used to tour with Joe Satriani years ago. He's an unbelievable bass player. Did several solo numbers on his own. Very impressive.

Steve
Old 01-24-2007, 11:52 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjbunn
1) Restoring an MGB GT
Amazing how much we find all of us have in common with this thread. I've discovered a bunch of fellow guitar enthusiasts and now another MG enthusiast! I actually had a 1968 MGB/GT that I was restoring, but I sold it before it was finished because I was accumulating too many cars and not enough garage space and no time to work on them all. I really kind of regret selling it as it was a very solid car and had no rust, solid straight body, good mechanicals. Oh well, can't keep them all...
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MassGuy
I am into numismatic...I collect antique paper money from around the country. In fact if you got any kicking around I pay top dollar. Here are a couple of examples I have..

Is this worth anything? I found some silver dollar from 1887.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:36 AM
MassGuy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Common date but a cool coin...Morgan Dollar. If you want an offer PM me. Otherwise enjoy it.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:43 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Too many hobbies, so little time (and money)
Past: racing R/C cars with full factory sponsorship -- raced all over the world - mostly 1/8th scale off road -- Also was an avid bowler -- did really really well at that as well
Current: Besides p-cars, autox, DE etc. SCUBA diving, fresh and salt water aquariums <-- all of which are very addicting
Old 01-25-2007, 12:53 AM
MassGuy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am into aquariums as well...I am raising a fly river turtle. We love her, this turtle is the only kind in the world (freshwater) that lives IN the water 24/7...365.
I will post a few pictures of my setup tomorrow...
Old 01-25-2007, 04:57 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by deep_uv
I saw Stu Hamm himself play a couple of times when he used to tour with Joe Satriani years ago. He's an unbelievable bass player. Did several solo numbers on his own. Very impressive.

Steve
Unfortunately although I have his signature bass, I would much rather have just 10% of his ability on any old 4 string, but I bet he cannot design engines!
Old 01-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Unfortunately although I have his signature bass, I would much rather have just 10% of his ability on any old 4 string, but I bet he cannot design engines!

I saw Stu on that first G3 tour with Vai and Johnson. Must've been like 8 years ago on Halloween night; here in Detroit.

Quick Reply: Do you guys have another hobby?