Sponsored by:

Monday morning Angels

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 08:00 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday morning Angels

Not much going on Porsche related. I've been busy finishing small projects inside the house. We took Meghan to see Santa yesterday, and I took my camera to capture my version of the overpriced (but still cute) pictures they sell you. I'm trying to get better at a second hobby- photography. Here's Meghan and Santa.

Hope to do something Porsche related to the car soon; maybe a drive this week when relatives visit for turkey day. What have you done with your cars lately?

Last edited by hawk911; 09-27-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:12 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did nothing with the 964 this weekend, and in fact I should be ashamed. We had clear blue sky and sunshine all weekend - AND my g/f was away all weekend - but the Porsche didn't even get out of the garage. Even worse - I spend a few hours giving my other car a proper clean on Sunday - clay / polish / wax. That was clearly a waste of time because the weather changed quickly in the evening and I had to drive to Luton airport and back in the pissing rain / high winds. So much for a clean car.

Hope to make up for neglecting the 964 on Sunday - since it's the next SE meet and looks like it should be a good one.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We had some old friends up this weekend. My buddy and I went out and did the guy thing... Spent two hours in Harbour Freight (A lot of their stuff is trash but they do have some good stuff!)... Then Lowes Hardware for an hour... Then to Best Buy to pick up a wireless router as mine crapped out this weekend! I picked up a lot of stuff I needed for the tile job behind the counter tops coming up this week. We drove the Porsche around all day and he fell in love with my car all over again. (I do every time I drive it!) We had to limit what we bought because of what we were driving. We had the Porsche stuffed to the gills with boxes, bags, clamps, blades, saws, gloves, etc.

Geoff... You should use that picture for your X-Mas card!

Dave... The Porsche is getting jealous!

EDIT - By the way... If any of you are looking for a wireless router THIS ONE will give you amazing range. I had dead spots throughout the house with my Linksys router. It was getting progressively worse over the past few months. The NetGear "RangeMax" router gives me a great signal everywhere in my house... Even in my shop downstairs!

Last edited by Smokin; 11-20-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:33 AM
PWW
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saturday finnaly got around to bleeding the brakes / clutch and PDAS with the help of a recently purchased KTS300.
Checked the fault codes and showing rear blower motor stage 1 seized (but runs OK)
Oil cooler blower Seized (something to check!!)
and Knock sensor 11 signal unplausable (anyone know how to check this and where its located).
Also found a nice oil leak coming from the right front of engine which burns nicely on the heat exchanger my guess (hopefully) the rear cam seal by the power steering pump has failed.
the ingnition barrel is also playing up.....oh joy and all because I havent driven the car for six months whilst rebuilding the suspension and brakes. Also picked up the Hayward and Scott exhaust system but the testing on that will have to wait until the other issues are fixed first.
Sunday decided to go get some Xmas shopping (trying to get that done a bit earlier this year instead of leaving untill xmas eve). Oh was the shops busy ,parking was a nightmare and que's where long. Finding faults with the porsche was less stressfull.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:33 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Beautiful weekend around here. Finally got around to checking the bolts on the cab top transmission and all was tight. Did a bit of driving around. Its just about cooled down enough around here to get under the car and try to figure out where my PS leak is in the back, I know where its leaking up front
Old 11-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by hawk911
Not much going on Porsche related. I've been busy finishing small projects inside the house. We took Meghan to see Santa yesterday, and I took my camera to capture my version of the overpriced (but still cute) pictures they sell you. I'm trying to get better at a second hobby- photography. Here's Meghan and Santa.

Hope to do something Porsche related to the car soon; maybe a drive this week when relatives visit for turkey day. What have you done with your cars lately?
Sweet photo! My dad looks a lot like that guy

Here is a photo from him earlier this year with his grand children (my sister kids)...

and with me:

As far as this weekend... took my family Saturday to go Car-Window Shopping... wife wants to change her car and we drove to a few dealers to see what moved her senses... BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar... I would stay in the dealer with the children and she would go out to test drive the cars... this was her day. I told her I would not drive the cars nor would I say anything... her car, her decision.

Jaguar - made the mistake of taking her to see the XJ Vanden Plas first... this is the car she wants... the piping in the seats, the elegant British classic Jag look of the body, all the gadgets she wanted... you could see it in her face.. that was the car and the rest of the visits to the other dealers where a waste of time... should have left this one for last instead of the first visit... even my children were cheering for the car (must had something to do with the car rear DVD system with the movie CARs playing...)

BMW - She was not that thrilled by the 5 series looks or interior...

Mercedes - E350 Sport Package with Panorama roof - I thought she would like this one (it was the one I liked for her)... she compared it to the BMW in terms of driving dynamics... better size for the family and long trips. But in her words - "it does not pamper me enough... feels like the car it is... a German car, solid and more towards a sport character..."

Porsche - Had to take her to drive the Cayenne (you see... if she changes the Armada to a car... father-in-law and me are stuck with finding a tow vehicle for the boat... so I tried to see if she would go for it...) Failed attempt... She liked the Cayenne... fast and agile for such a heavy car but just not what she is looking for...

Sunday was spent drinking wine with friends and making all sorts of desserts for the coming holiday.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:17 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Worked on a Porsche all day Saturday, a friend and coworker's 993. I did (as he watched) all new brakes and also installed a Lintronic HID kit. Now he has BRIGHT lights and NO squeaky brakes, (and I have a bottle of Cab Sav that needs work by me)!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:47 PM
wsybert
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Was able to test the air temp on the new location of the intake filter (post HERE) Mostly an excuse to drive the car.
Also, got my gaskets and filters for the engine drop coming up... valve covers, chain covers, rear seal, oil and fuel filter, ... clutch on the way. Doing a valve adjustment and plugs too, while it is out (and whatever else pops up... until the money runs out )
Bill
Old 11-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Miguel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just drove around...and watched, amazed, the beauty of my 6th child,a baby girl, nearing her third month..

Wachuko, a pity your wife didn't go for the porsche ( even if a cayenne )

Cheers
Old 11-20-2006, 05:45 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Miguel
Just drove around...and watched, amazed, the beauty of my 6th child,a baby girl, nearing her third month..

Wachuko, a pity your wife didn't go for the porsche ( even if a cayenne )

Cheers
Its not fair! Jaime doesnt deserve a third Porsche
Old 11-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jimq
Its not fair! Jaime doesnt deserve a third Porsche
I know I am not worthy... but heck! no harm in trying (and technically... I never sold the 951 )

Quick Reply: Monday morning Angels