Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have a spare secondary muffler holder bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:52 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 482 Posts
Exclamation anyone have a spare secondary muffler holder bracket?

I just scoured the attic, cupboards, toolboxes... no go! I am missing the bracket that holds the secondary muffler to the front of the engine. I think I might have given it away with a box full of misc. parts a long time ago

Does anyone who has installed and loves their G-pipe want to give their muffler bracket a new home???

I need:
the bracket (part 13)
the bolts (part 16)
and the spacers (part 14 and 14a)

Anyone have these, please PM me, thank you
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2006, 08:55 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Anyone out there with one?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:01 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

You going back to cup pipe and secondary? BTW, you have PM re: suspension.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Heirsh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I'd probably swap the clamp for a g-pipe.

Garrett, I'll have to do a valve adjustment sometime this summer. If you havent gotten one by then I could take mine off and properly measure it and fabricate a copy for you. I seriously doubt you'll want to wait that long, but if you get in a bind and dont find a solution by then let me know.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:02 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kgorman
You going back to cup pipe and secondary?
I am now going to run a full open exhaust for racing - cat bypass, primary bypass, and secondary bypass. It is just a lot easier to have the primary bypass installed with a secondary muffler and carry a G-pipe vs. have the primary muffler installed and have to carry a large primary bypass in the car when travelling to the track. It's purely a logistics, and ease of installation. Changing the secondary is a lot easier vs. the primary - especially when the car is too low to pull the primary out from under the bumper!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:04 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Heirsh
Garrett, I'll have to do a valve adjustment sometime this summer. If you havent gotten one by then I could take mine off and properly measure it and fabricate a copy for you. I seriously doubt you'll want to wait that long, but if you get in a bind and dont find a solution by then let me know.
I'll let you know if I get one, since my next race is not until September at Buttonwillow, I am in no rush at this point! Although I've got all kinds of mufflers sitting around in the garage... it would be nice to clean those up! I just can't believe I gave it away without noticing
Old 06-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Isn't it time for a trailer?

Marc
Old 06-29-2006, 12:56 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Garrett,

Doesn't this configuration actually loose some power over bypassing just 1 of the mufflers?

Originally Posted by garrett376
I am now going to run a full open exhaust for racing - cat bypass, primary bypass, and secondary bypass. It is just a lot easier to have the primary bypass installed with a secondary muffler and carry a G-pipe vs. have the primary muffler installed and have to carry a large primary bypass in the car when travelling to the track. It's purely a logistics, and ease of installation. Changing the secondary is a lot easier vs. the primary - especially when the car is too low to pull the primary out from under the bumper!

Quick Reply: anyone have a spare secondary muffler holder bracket?