Sponsored by:

964 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 02:31 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,200 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Cobalt Blue Speedster going up for auction next month. 1 of 4 cars at this auction coming out of this incredible blue Porsche collection in the video below.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...edster/1374724

https://youtu.be/o1kpaczJqQw
I am not a speedster fan but the color does it for me. Something going on with the rear bumper. It is hanging low and has clearly been repainted I suspect the front bumper and rockers too.

Interesting turbo as well. I like the estimates value. This must be the 7th or 10th Midnight blue RoW car being sold since January.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...rbo-36/1379095

RFM says they just got in a RoW C2 or C4 non sunroof coupe finished in Amethyst Metallic.

A friend of mine told me about this one. Said in his opinion it was a bit rough. I suspect it will be fixed up before the sale.

I really wish people would stop with the sunroof delete. These cars never came with sunroofs and it was an option unlike us here who had to accept the car as they made it with sunroof and A/C.

Last edited by cobalt; 07-27-2023 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2023, 08:53 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,338 Posts

Rubystone RoW RS on Pcarmarket.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1...-carrera-rs-4/
Old 07-28-2023, 09:21 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Who wants a C2 with all these RS's flooding the market?
The following users liked this post:
2000m2 (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 09:38 AM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt

I really wish people would stop with the sunroof delete. These cars never came with sunroofs and it was an option unlike us here who had to accept the car as they made it with sunroof and A/C.
Seeing this for years... sunroof delete, stripe delete, AC delete... on all different brands. It's just another way of saying that the car wasn't ordered or didn't come with those specific options...especially when the enthusiast market has adopted a preference of not having those things.
Also see "stripper" to describe a car with no options...not that anything was stripped from it at some point...and that means something completely different anyway
Old 07-28-2023, 09:40 AM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Who wants a C2 with all these RS's flooding the market?
Let em come - high tide raises all ****s! I mean ships!
Old 07-28-2023, 10:02 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

I guess I am just showing my age. I have been around these cars for 45 years and it has only been the last 5 or less that suddenly the terms I have used religiously for all these years have no meaning. Everything has a new name or classification now needed or not.

Just as the change roughly 20 years ago from saying nine-sixty-four vs nine-six-four. Or nine-twenty-eight vs nine-two-eight. Nobody said the numbers individually prior to 2000. A rose is a rose I guess.

So I hate to say it but the RS is the new RSA. The RoW car most turned into a track rat suddenly coming over in pristine condition. So few actually know these cars so when things are not as they should be nobody picks up on it. They only look at the shinny top side. Big money for these cars so IMO they need to be scrutinized even more than a lot of the C2/C4's we have seen sell.
Old 07-28-2023, 10:17 AM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

I guess I am just showing my age. I have been around these cars for 45 years and it has only been the last 5 or less that suddenly the terms I have used religiously for all these years have no meaning. Everything has a new name or classification now needed or not.

Just as the change roughly 20 years ago from saying nine-sixty-four vs nine-six-four. Or nine-twenty-eight vs nine-two-eight. Nobody said the numbers individually prior to 2000. A rose is a rose I guess.

So I hate to say it but the RS is the new RSA. The RoW car most turned into a track rat suddenly coming over in pristine condition. So few actually know these cars so when things are not as they should be nobody picks up on it. They only look at the shinny top side. Big money for these cars so IMO they need to be scrutinized even more than a lot of the C2/C4's we have seen sell.
My neighbor asked me to go with him to look at a used Porsche at a dealer nearby. If it was for him, I would have done it instantly but it turned out it was for a friend who lived out of state who "flips cars". I asked if he had a shop and was told that he just does this as a hobby to make money. I don't really have anything against enterprise but didn't want to contribute my time for someone else to just make some money on the side. This is what we have today x100000 people who want to buy and sell what they think is a no-lose proposition...the problem, as you have frequently pointed out, is that when it comes to the point of potentially NOT making money on a deal, they will do or say anything to make a sale.

The short version - you're right, with so many trying to profit on every car, you have to take time (even more time) to weed out the bad ones.
Old 07-28-2023, 11:21 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

But then you have people who recently spent nearly $12k on a set of Cup I's 8 & 9.5" This is >speedline money new. It does leave the door open to many .

I have a few of these floating around. Anyone else need a set
Old 07-28-2023, 11:23 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

A good amount of these RS’ were used as track rats and viewed as disposable like an appliance. This is when they weren’t terribly expensive as no one really wanted them. If you go back about 20 or so years to track events at the Nurburgring or Spa there were probably a good amount of these there some probably bouncing off the Armco barriers. If you did crash it it wasn’t a big deal either patch it up or just go buy another RS.

Since the market has really picked up on these seems people have been reverting them back to stock and selling as pristine collector quality examples particularly to the US market on places such as BaT. Most are imported and have very few to no records of their time abroad. These cars you need to be very careful and do your homework. Seems like not a lot of people here are not super familiar with these cars since they weren’t sold in the US.
Old 07-28-2023, 11:44 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

. Seems like not a lot of people here are not super familiar with these cars since they weren’t sold in the US.
That makes them such a hard purchase. Most of the sellers know these cars well so it makes it easier to BS the rest. Once under the car things become quite obvious to the initiated. It is far easier to cover things up on an undercoated car than these. Yet sellers will insist things left the factory that way which is usually not the case.

This is what one should expect from an original underside color wise. However if you know what is correct you can see some additional sealer that wasn't factory. Not a bad thing but a result of a cage and safety equipment install at one time but fixed to prevent any corrosion or water accessing the tub.

Far drain port with additional seam sealer next to it.

Several small holes patched with sealer. Never is the sealer painted usually just darkened from road grime.

I don't see anything wrong with it but it is something that should be discussed or at least acknowledging these minor issue were addressed properly.

Just me I guess.
Old 07-28-2023, 04:17 PM
2000m2
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RS AMERICA

Interesting RS America in the UK with a curious past moving from the US to Bahrain to UK and Strosek body kit showing ~24k miles. The sound system alone looks like it has compensated for the 80 lbs RS weight savings.
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...O-NUHFH4vhdsBg

Has anyone seen gauges like this before? Maybe the Bahrain heat got to them?

Last edited by 2000m2; 07-28-2023 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2023, 04:30 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,079 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000m2
Interesting RS America in the UK with a curious past moving from the US to Bahrain to UK and Strosek body kit showing ~24k miles. The sound system alone looks like it has compensated for the 80 lbs RS weight savings.
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...O-NUHFH4vhdsBg

Has anyone seen gauges like this before? Maybe the Bahrain heat got to them?

Regrettable decisions were made there …
The following 2 users liked this post by jreifler:
2000m2 (07-28-2023), Ken D (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 08:03 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

RFM says they just got in a RoW C2 or C4 non sunroof coupe finished in Amethyst Metallic.

I am not a speedster fan but the color does it for me. Something going on with the rear bumper. It is hanging low and has clearly been repainted I suspect the front bumper and rockers too.

Interesting turbo as well. I like the estimates value. This must be the 7th or 10th Midnight blue RoW car being sold since January.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...rbo-36/1379095

A friend of mine told me about this one. Said in his opinion it was a bit rough. I suspect it will be fixed up before the sale.

https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...rera-2-c-1650/
Old 07-28-2023, 09:32 PM
s65e90
Race Car

Received 880 Likes on 593 Posts

Why on earth don't people list the price of the car is beyond me, especially when it's on their own website.
Old 07-29-2023, 12:52 PM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Love the color!

Quick Reply: 964 Prices