Sponsored by:

Monty to original exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Jay D
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Monty to original exhaust

Hi guys, it's been a long time since I logged on to the site but I've been thinking of changing my Monty exhaust system back to original and I was looking for some opinions. I find it a little too loud.

Is it difficult to get my hands on an original system and any ideas on cost (Canadian)? Will I notice a difference in performance?

I won't be making any changes until the Spring. The Canadian winter has already begun.

Thanks in advance.

Jay
Old 11-12-2002, 08:25 PM
scupper
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jay, I posted a note last week that a fellow was selling 964 new and used exhaust components rather cheaply on EBAY. With his prices, you could have replaced your cat and both mufflers for less than $500! You have plenty of time, just keep doing a search on EBAY over the winter and you will get your stock parts.
-
By the way, I just replaced the secondary muffler with a Dansk bypass pipe (from Pelican Parts) - it does sound sweet! Not loud, not obnoxious, just a bit rumbly and mean. Exactly what I was looking for.

Chuck
Old 11-12-2002, 08:56 PM
steve_eo
Advanced

Jay, I live in Ottawa and have a 89C4. If you are close by and interested in a swap around...email me.
Steve
Old 11-13-2002, 07:20 AM
scupper
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jay, since you have not listed an email address, I could not contact you directly. Further to my post above, this NEW 964 primary muffler is selling for $130 - auction closed TODAY

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872090734" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872090734</a>

Check out the seller's other auctions - he has a secondary muffler and a cat for sale too - low prices. I have no connection with this seller, whatsoever!

Chuck
Old 11-13-2002, 10:06 AM
Jay D
Intermediate

Thanks guys. I'll keep looking on e-bay this winter and Steve I'll keep your offer in mind. I'm in Montreal and the Monty exhaust was installed at Robinson's Racing in Ottawa. Is it still around? The bill from the previous owner says it cost $1200 at the time.

Jay
Old 11-13-2002, 03:15 PM
steve_eo
Advanced

JayD, yes RR is still here. I've dropped by a few times to see what they are doing.
As for the exhaust I thought the Monty was a full exhaust...but it seems that it's only the muffler.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:15 AM
Jay D
Intermediate

Steve,

Is that right? I'm new to this so to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. I'm assuming you can tell by the price that it is only the muffler.

Is RR a good place to go if I wanted to change the muffler?

Jay
Old 11-14-2002, 04:44 PM
steve_eo
Advanced

Jay, you could change the muffler....or anyone else for that matter. I sure wouldn't drive 200km just to visit RR. They aren't a Porshce place in particular. You might want to check out the local PCA chapter and ask for a place in Montreal. There are some good Porshce specific places there but I don't know the contact info since I don't plan on having my car serviced that far away.
<a href="http://www.rennsport.ca/" target="_blank">Ottawa/Montreal Porche Club of America</a>

Quick Reply: Monty to original exhaust