Sponsored by:

New Antigravity Battery - DOA

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 09:33 AM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by No_snivelling
For me, it is not about the product. It is about the integrity of those behind the product. If they think it is ok to forge a federal document, then I want nothing to do with that company or any product they sell.
Yeah, I've spent a couple grand with these guys but if they think it's OK to pull this kind of stuff, I have no faith their company will last and therefore no reason to purchase their products.
The following 2 users liked this post by tjb616:
deilenberger (06-10-2021), Mark in Baltimore (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 06:23 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,375 Likes on 795 Posts

sad when a company manages to shoot themselves in the foot over something silly.
Old 06-08-2021, 03:23 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

It’s super simple these days to admit mistakes and move on. The communication tools abound to do such. Yet, you rarely see it when legitimately called out it. I’m not talking the ever current “hurt feeling” movements. It’s the legitimate accidents, mistakes, intentional abuse that are rare.

To see them still post and sponsor a few forums is in poor taste. Rennlist, get rid of them. Forging documents and lying in threads (of which of I’ve been apart) is unreal. We’re not talking about a 1:1 conversation. The ***** are either big with this one or incredibly “inflated” with nothing more than air. I’ll bet a battery of choice that AG and Scott modified their web logs (in turn their webpage) on or about the 29th of Oct 2019 and my posting. Questions/Answers were looked for and I posted such. It took consistent trolling and Scott himself to reveal what was really happening when buying a battery from them.

Makes you wonder: If one messes around with a federal document, trolls posts, can’t even correctly display battery information (e.g. what, where, how, etc.), do you really want to pay $400+ and support them?

The following 4 users liked this post by Sword_of_the_Spirit:
BLACK3.2 (06-08-2021), deilenberger (06-10-2021), John D. (06-10-2021), Mark in Baltimore (06-09-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 11:03 AM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

Make that two current product owners no longer interested in future business. I was an enthusiastic supporter and often recommended the brand prior to this.

The silence from Rennlist is no better. Integrity still means something to some folks.

Originally Posted by tjb616
Yeah, I've spent a couple grand with these guys but if they think it's OK to pull this kind of stuff, I have no faith their company will last and therefore no reason to purchase their products.
The following 4 users liked this post by -nick:
deilenberger (06-10-2021), Jay Wellwood (07-20-2021), John D. (06-10-2021), Mark in Baltimore (06-09-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 03:01 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by No_snivelling
I agree with -Nick and others. The letter needs to be addressed. If in the heat of the argument, someone altered the letter in support of their argument, then there needs to be a formal and sincere apology and then we can put this matter to rest.

AG is active on Rennlist. They're simply choosing to ignore this thread...

Andreas
Old 06-08-2021, 03:34 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Of course they are! They tout their items 50 to every 1 positive/product review.

Embarassing RL hasn’t gagged them for a month or so until issues like this are cleared up.

Imagine DemonSpeed, Carnewal, or Dundon pulling this? I’m stunned, literally stunned these guys are getting a pass only to pay admin/overhead fees for RL.
Old 06-08-2021, 03:36 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
I can't speak on behalf of Rennlist, but as a 20+ year member, I do share these concerns, and would also like a clear explanation. If I could do more, I would.

Why aren’t there clear expectations for Vendors as there are for private sellers (e.g. lying, misrepresenting, theft, etc)?
Old 06-11-2021, 10:57 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Seems to be simple.

Integrity of Vendors is (was?) supposed to be everything. Great parts are crap if you can't rely on the vendor to represent them with integrity.

Maybe this issue has been blown out of proportion, but it did take an extensive amount of effort on the OP to get the product supplied by a Sponsor. That level of effort should not have been necessary ESPECIALLY from a Sponsor.

Subsequent discussions revealed an apparent 'documentation' issue that has been pointed to further evidence of an Integrity issue. If you find this an issue, don't patronize the Sponsor. Without your support, the Sponsor will find it hard to continue. Capitalism at work.

Those pulling the ropes behind the curtain are challenged with maintaining memberships, sponsors and ad revenue to satisfy the investors. Somehow, it appears, that it hasn't donned upon some that if the Sponsors don't live up to expectations the membership will turn elsewhere. When members turn elsewhere, traffic drops and Sponsors loose the audience they need to optimize their sales whilst ad revenue drops.

FWIW - in my line of work, any hint of document wishy-washyness would be cause for ostracization from our Industry.

YMMV
Old 06-15-2021, 12:11 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

For those interested, I sent an email to Rennlist (via the contact button below) on Sunday (6/6) of last week to see where this case with Antigravity lies. I have yet to receive a response…. I’ll be following up shortly!

As a paying member, there has to be closure to an issue of this type. Especially within the confines of a public forum.

The following users liked this post:
ed devinney (06-24-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 12:33 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,375 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Wellwood
Seems to be simple.

Integrity of Vendors is (was?) supposed to be everything. Great parts are crap if you can't rely on the vendor to represent them with integrity.

Maybe this issue has been blown out of proportion, but it did take an extensive amount of effort on the OP to get the product supplied by a Sponsor. That level of effort should not have been necessary ESPECIALLY from a Sponsor.

Subsequent discussions revealed an apparent 'documentation' issue that has been pointed to further evidence of an Integrity issue. If you find this an issue, don't patronize the Sponsor. Without your support, the Sponsor will find it hard to continue. Capitalism at work.

Those pulling the ropes behind the curtain are challenged with maintaining memberships, sponsors and ad revenue to satisfy the investors. Somehow, it appears, that it hasn't donned upon some that if the Sponsors don't live up to expectations the membership will turn elsewhere. When members turn elsewhere, traffic drops and Sponsors loose the audience they need to optimize their sales whilst ad revenue drops.

FWIW - in my line of work, any hint of document wishy-washyness would be cause for ostracization from our Industry.

YMMV
Yeah, but they are out spamming the forums and this thread is limited to one post in the 964 forum, where I don't think antigravity batteries are all that popular anyways.

The important thing is that they haven't even responded. A mea culpa and apology would go a long way, although it doesn't excuse altering a government document to try to save face.
Jay Wellwood (06-17-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 01:33 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
The important thing is that they haven't even responded. A mea culpa and apology would go a long way, although it doesn't excuse altering a government document to try to save face.

This.

Andreas
The following 2 users liked this post by AOW162435:
ed devinney (06-24-2021), Jay Wellwood (06-17-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 11:31 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Update: Sent two emails to Rennlist Corporate asking for an explanation over the last 3 1/2wks. Nothing heard…..

Makes you wonder who’s sniffing who…..
Old 06-24-2021, 12:15 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

AG know's they're wrong and is just praying this story doesn't reach beyond this thread before the thread dies.

RL on the other hand has some responsibility to it's paying members.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:07 AM
numnut
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Read this whole thread, incredible that AG is a sponsor here. I would think the FTC is going to come knocking again. Posting doctored documents, just sleazy.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:34 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 985 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by tjb616
AG know's they're wrong and is just praying this story doesn't reach beyond this thread before the thread dies.

RL on the other hand has some responsibility to it's paying members.
Read this whole thread, incredible that AG is a sponsor here. I would think the FTC is going to come knocking again. Posting doctored documents, just sleazy.
HI all,

Scott from Antigravity, unfortunately posts like those above are being made by individuals who have no understanding of the actual events and circumstances regarding the manipulated post, so they are tending to jump to conclusions and make extremely inaccurate comments. I can't really blame you guys who post like this since Antigravity hasn't responded, so I would like to think we would all be more objective, but its the internet. I also understand in todays environment some get exceptionally angry and try to cancel people, or damage companies due to the perceived injustice. I get it, so I'll just do what I can to clarify a few points from Antigravity Batteries and hope some of you might understand.

Antigravity Batteries, as a company, including our Managers, Staffers and I, would never have allowed, condoned, or supported the manipulated document post that was made. The offending post has nothing to do with our values as a business, it does not represent how we do business on Rennlist, or in any format. The offending post was done by an individual staff member who did not inform anyone of their intent or what the post would contain.. The individual claimed they made the post because they got angry about some Trolling on this thread and wanted to fight back against it. It was absolutely the wrong thing to do, I am not defending it, I am simply expressing what the claimed impetus was for the staff member who made the post to give some context on why it was done. Again to clarify, Antigravity Batteries would not allow or support that post had we known about it in advance.

Antigravity has not posted any comments in response to why this happened because once the post was known to be made by a staffer it became an employment issue within our Company and it could not be discussed in public whatsoever. So no statements have been made about this. The fact is if I would have been allowed to post details, I could have posted long ago and saved pages of rhetoric and nonsense angry posts by others.

Though we feel this was a rare one-off incident, we implemented a new set of Policies and Procedure regarding posting on forums, emails, and Social Media and we are training staff to better deal with certain types of negative or trolling type of posters.

So in the end, the incident of a staffer making a horrible post occurred, it does not remotely represent or define Antigravity Batteries values. The readers will make that choice themselves and we accept that. I am dismayed and sorry about what has happened on many fronts, but the point of my post is to clarify the issues and lack of response from Antigravity.

I know by making this post we open ourselves to a new onslaught of negative posts from those who thrive on this, but so be it. It has already been occurring, and we must live with that. I have stated what is accurate, I can't say much more, nor do I care to. If some choose to distort my statements, be offended and rail against us that will certainly be their prerogative. If you want to contact me directly simply email me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com.

Last edited by Antigravity; 07-06-2021 at 08:06 PM.
tigerhonaker (10-28-2021)

Quick Reply: New Antigravity Battery - DOA