Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP: 964 Engine Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 11:56 AM
Buddan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@911Jeta, Yes, I have driven the car when it arrived from Japan. I am not in LA at the moment so I can't take any photos. I agree with what you are saying about driving the car more to get a feel for the car and learn more about it. The drive is so much more different from my 71 911 hot rod.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:44 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

71 hot rod?! You’ve got this 911 thing covered then. Much respect!

Many guys that come from BMWs or muscle cars instantly start talking about wanting more horsepower but really don’t understand the 911 journey.

You know we’re drooling over your sunroof delete! Interesting tailpipe, has the car been modded in other ways too?

Old 07-09-2018, 02:17 AM
psiegel
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m chiming in late in the discussion but I think a few things are important to consider as well as discussing a less expensive option for real HP gains.
First- Direction of improvements are really dependent on goals> what is the feeling you want to have when you drive? What will the car be used for and how long will you keep your car?
Second - We all understand as a starting point the importance of dialing out understeer as a good starting point for any improvement regardless of further improvement in handling or HP gains.
Third – HP gains when using forced air as the primary means can cost closer to $100 per each HP gained.
Living at altitude (9,700 ft.) I had to take this (turbo) approach to make the 964 drive like a 964 given that a car loses 37% of its HP at this altitude. I had the turbo put in at 100,000 miles and at 265,000 miles it still drives solid. So no one should be concerned about longevity unless of course you abuse your car.
In general good advice is to improve handling before adding HP. It’s very fun to do both.
Just my thoughts, can't really go wrong in any direction, good luck.

Quick Reply: HELP: 964 Engine Mods