Sponsored by:

BUYER BEWARE- BLACK 1990 C2 COUPE

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 12:00 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Is the paint really original on this black car? The pictures are very dark and doctored which makes it impossible to really assess the cars cosmetic condition.
I think the BAT ad says the bubbling around the cowl has been fixed. I would assume they also fixed the other areas I posted pictures of and if so, then most of the car has been painted. I wouldn’t touch this thing with a ten foot pole, it’s been ragged on for years and clearly they’ve thrown some heavy lipstick on it for a sale.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:09 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

This is going to be a fun to watch.

Looks like the seller did a little work on it. Presentation isn't very detailed but why would it be after rereading this thread. He also already claimed "the paint is original to his knowledge other than cowling".
Old 06-14-2019, 12:35 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
This is going to be a fun to watch.

Looks like the seller did a little work on it. Presentation isn't very detailed but why would it be after rereading this thread. He also already claimed "the paint is original to his knowledge other than cowling".
Then he’s lying already because you can clearly see the scratches near the hood emblem that I posted last year and now they’re not there...and the options sticker is missing. When someone answers a question by saying “to the best of my knowledge...” that’s usually my que to exit.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:39 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
Then he’s lying already because you can clearly see the scratches near the hood emblem that I posted last year and now they’re not there...and the options sticker is missing. When someone answers a question by saying “to the best of my knowledge...” that’s usually my que to exit.
Yup. Always buy the seller. The car will get picked apart on BAT. Hopefully someone directs people to this thread so they know what they are getting into.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:40 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,459 Likes on 962 Posts

The ad on baT shows 7 years of ownership.

Should be lots of first hand knowledge of his ride.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:49 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Yup. Always buy the seller. The car will get picked apart on BAT. Hopefully someone directs people to this thread so they know what they are getting into.
Looks like someone just did.
Cant wait to see what the guy says now. Hope he REALLY likes the car cause he’s gonna be stuck with it forever!!
Old 06-14-2019, 03:05 PM
speedtwin
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The photos of scratches are not my car. It has no scratches. The car never had a roll cage- no holes, no rust. Don't know why Lorezoh is so determined to damage me and my car. I never met him. I have done 2 D.E. with it. I never lied to him. The paint looks great to me. Was unaware of rust spot and had it repaired immediately. He had a PPI done which revealed nothing
Old 06-14-2019, 03:20 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by speedtwin
The photos of scratches are not my car. It has no scratches. The car never had a roll cage- no holes, no rust. Don't know why Lorezoh is so determined to damage me and my car. I never met him. I have done 2 D.E. with it. I never lied to him. The paint looks great to me. Was unaware of rust spot and had it repaired immediately. He had a PPI done which revealed nothing
Sure thing, Bruce
I spent an hour with you on the phone (before buying my flights and flying all the way across the country) where I asked you to look closely at the car for me WHILE ON THE PHONE and I specifically asked about the condition of the paint on all panels and if there was the typical rust bubbles at the base of the windshield. You said NO. Otherwise, why would I have flown all the way across the country ? And I never had a PPI done because I wanted to see it first before paying for the PPI. So, you're either blind or lied to me...or both. Take care.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:23 PM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

I would take anything this Lorenzoh guy says with a grain of salt, make that a brick of salt, that users reputation on the forums is well known. I can only imagine what he would be like to deal with in person, I Used to own a small business and am familiar with people like that character.

people should have a PPi done from an independent shop if interested in this 964 or go see it and judge for themselves.

@speedtwin if you are a true honest seller and properly portraying this car for what it is, you should consider taking legal action against Lorenzoh.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:25 PM
speedtwin
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks
Old 06-14-2019, 03:32 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
I would take anything this Lorenzoh guy says with a grain of salt, make that a brick of salt, that users reputation on the forums is well known. I can only imagine what he would be like to deal with in person, I Used to own a small business and am familiar with people like that character.

people should have a PPi done from an independent shop if interested in this 964 or go see it and judge for themselves.

@speedtwin if you are a true honest seller and properly portraying this car for what it is, you should consider taking legal action against Lorenzoh.
I did go see it for myself and was LIED to. And when I confronted the owner about it, he simply just said "oh sorry I didn't see that..." No offer to pay for my flights back, no offer to buy me a beer, nada. I spent weeks negotiating with the seller, emails back and forth etc, thousands of dollars in flights, hotels, transportation etc but I guess I'm just supposed to eat that or should I also take legal action ?
Old 06-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by 997Pilot

Sorry man but i have to disagree with you here , I was actually one of the first to give Lorenzoh crap about posting the vin here, but in the end he was right to post it & i've had sellers i buy cars from misrepresent cars to me, i ask them the right questions and then i get the car and it has a rust bubble or scratches all over or needs obvious work and i end spending thousands on it which i hadn't planned on, this is very frustrating and infuriating.

Lorenzoh also posted pics, so he isn't making this up. Something that doesn't sit well with me is when a seller says "original paint as far as i know" well its very simple to "know" buy a paint meter and measure it and if its not original no big deal, but don't give an indication that it maybe original and be vague.

Also why is speedtwin saying he never met lorenzoh and that lorenzoh got a ppi when he didn't? this all just doesn't add up. i would be cautious and do my due dillegence buying this car, this is one i'd definitely have to fly and see myself before making a move on.

There is nothing wrong with scratches, rust bubble, and other issues on a car this old, AS LONG AS ITS PROPERLY DISCLOSED BEFOREHAND so you at least know what you are walking into.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:57 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Sorry man but i have to disagree with you here , I was actually one of the first to give Lorenzoh crap about posting the vin here, but in the end he was right to post it & i've had sellers i buy cars from misrepresent cars to me, i ask them the right questions and then i get the car and it has a rust bubble or scratches all over or needs obvious work and i end spending thousands on it which i hadn't planned on, this is very frustrating and infuriating.

Lorenzoh also posted pics, so he isn't making this up. Something that doesn't sit well with me is when a seller says "original paint as far as i know" well its very simple to "know" buy a paint meter and measure it and if its not original no big deal, but don't give an indication that it maybe original and be vague.

Also why is speedtwin saying he never met lorenzoh and that lorenzoh got a ppi when he didn't? this all just doesn't add up. i would be cautious and do my due dillegence buying this car, this is one i'd definitely have to fly and see myself before making a move on.

There is nothing wrong with scratches, rust bubble, and other issues on a car this old, AS LONG AS ITS PROPERLY DISCLOSED BEFOREHAND so you at least know what you are walking into.
Thank you. While we've had our differences with one another, I'm glad to see that's not the case now.

Regarding the bold above, the seller is correct. We never met. His car was at Autometrics, I flew in, spent the night and the following day woke up to see the car. Took one look at it and realized it was not as described. I did take it for a test drive though and as previously mentioned, it pulled hard...really hard. I was hoping the drive would change my mind about the cosmetic problems but I knew I wouldn't be able to live with it and didn't want to have to start doing paint work on a car that old...it would never match properly and to do it right, would require a full glass out repaint. Clearly I wasn't going to have a PPI done, so I called the seller and voiced my frustration, jumped on a plane and flew home. I'm sure someone will appreciate the car for what it is, it just wasn't for me and the whole process left a very bad taste in my mouth. I felt like demanding the seller pay for my flights back but I could tell after talking to him about the issues that he was completely unapologetic. And here we are.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:53 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
Thank you. While we've had our differences with one another, I'm glad to see that's not the case now.

Regarding the bold above, the seller is correct. We never met. His car was at Autometrics, I flew in, spent the night and the following day woke up to see the car. Took one look at it and realized it was not as described. I did take it for a test drive though and as previously mentioned, it pulled hard...really hard. I was hoping the drive would change my mind about the cosmetic problems but I knew I wouldn't be able to live with it and didn't want to have to start doing paint work on a car that old...it would never match properly and to do it right, would require a full glass out repaint. Clearly I wasn't going to have a PPI done, so I called the seller and voiced my frustration, jumped on a plane and flew home. I'm sure someone will appreciate the car for what it is, it just wasn't for me and the whole process left a very bad taste in my mouth. I felt like demanding the seller pay for my flights back but I could tell after talking to him about the issues that he was completely unapologetic. And here we are.
Had a similar experience with a car off pelican, asked all rite questions, next day flew to SF on a 6:am terrible flight and go there, no one even cared to pick me up from airport and at his place the car would not even start, then it started, we drove for a few minutes and it died and i had to help push the car back to his place- when i complained his reply was "if you don't like it just go home then" needless to say i was furious..of course he never offered to pay a thing, or even apologized- Car also had plenty of paint work, damage and was heavily tracked.

its more a matter of principle even when someone does this and they are so "nontchalant" & care free" about wasting your time.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:11 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Had a similar experience with a car off pelican, asked all rite questions, next day flew to SF on a 6:am terrible flight and go there, no one even cared to pick me up from airport and at his place the car would not even start, then it started, we drove for a few minutes and it died and i had to help push the car back to his place- when i complained his reply was "if you don't like it just go home then" needless to say i was furious..of course he never offered to pay a thing, or even apologized- Car also had plenty of paint work, damage and was heavily tracked.

its more a matter of principle even when someone does this and they are so "nontchalant" & care free" about wasting your time.
Wow that sucks man. But you are right, it's the principal of it. If this guy had said he was really sorry and apologetic for an honest mistake on his part, offered to buy me a beer, stay another night and take me out to dinner....whatever....I probably wouldn't have posted any of this. But he didn't, he acted the same way you describe above...totally nonchalant. That's what really irritated me. And if you look at his comments on BAT, it's the same vague nonchalant attitude. When asked about the paint on the roof, he says it "looks great (to me)". Nice qualifier....The entire roof was badly oxidized.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE- BLACK 1990 C2 COUPE