Sponsored by:

BUYER BEWARE- BLACK 1990 C2 COUPE

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 02:37 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Cars absolutely do have reputations. Do you think in 5 years lets say when the new owner of this car goes to sell it and someone googles the vin it won't effect his sale? "Buyer Beware" is disastrous- Still waiting for you to post the ad or more info about the car, even the price..maybe its priced right for the condition...Seller could be a scum bag however car could be good for where its priced thats all i'm saying
Dude, let it go already. I could care less about THE CAR - why is that so hard for you to understand ?? I've been very clear here, I wasn't bashing the car, in fact (for the THIRD TIME NOW) I said it drove great. My issue was with the SELLER being disingenuous and to warn any other potential buyers that they may be told one thing and waste their time like I did, only to find out the car is not in the condition the seller described it. And it's not a matter of opinion when, as Anthony correctly stated, and honest question deserves and honest answer. Hope this clears it up for you but I won't hold my breath.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:40 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
Dude, let it go already. I could care less about THE CAR - why is that so hard for you to understand ?? I've been very clear here, I wasn't bashing the car, in fact (for the THIRD TIME NOW) I said it drove great. My issue was with the SELLER being disingenuous and to warn any other potential buyers that they may be told one thing and waste their time like I did, only to find out the car is not in the condition the seller described it. And it's not a matter of opinion when, as Anthony correctly stated, and honest question deserves and honest answer. Hope this clears it up for you but I won't hold my breath.
Sure i get your point, & of course you could care less about the car, the car is done for with these posts you made with such a title- but why won't you post the original ad or the ad description at least so we can get an insight, or even a few pics..
Old 01-25-2018, 02:48 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Vegas993
Maybe so but if he knew you were going to look at it, like most people would, why would he lie about it? I think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations from the current 964 market. Personally, I would never publicly bash someone's credibility based on the car not being exactly as I envisioned it, having purchased several older used cars in the last 35 years, they are seldom exactly as described.

What Marine Blue said.
Yeah, what Marine Blue said lol.

Seriously now ?? You think I'm lying ?? Do you have a reading comprehension problem ?? My expectations were set because of what I was TOLD based on the POINT BLANK questions I asked. I didn't "envision" the car any other way than how it was described to me after asking the seller to walk around the car with me on the phone while I asked very specific questions. And I went so far as to say, "Please be very honest with me and as critical as possible when describing the car; I don't want any surprises if I fly all the way across the country."

I'm not sure how much more clear I can be with you guys and I'm done discussing it. The car was listed on the PCA classifieds and the listing has since expired. Asking price was $60k, purchase price was agreed at $55k, 90k miles.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 119 Posts

I never said you were lying, just over reacting to a car that wasn't exactly as described.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:32 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Never expect a seller to represent a car as described. Even in their head they could be telling 100% the truth. Because what you see as an issue and I see as an issue will vary. Perceptions and perspectives vary huge. This is the biggest reason I cannot buy a car sight unseen. I must see it with my eyes. because frankly, I don't really trust anyone with this stuff and if I were to write a check I have nobody to blame but myself.

I don't know why you're all fired up about this?! I'm sure the car will sell and probably sell close to asking because another buyer will be OK with the issues and fix them.
The following users liked this post:
Bearclaw (03-06-2020)
Old 01-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

I never said you were lying,
you implied it.

just over reacting to a car that wasn't exactly as described.
Yeah, flying across the country taking UBERS to and from airports and staying in crappy hotels because someone wasn't honest is super fun !!!
Clearly the phrase "third party empathetic understanding" is something you're not familiar with.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Never expect a seller to represent a car as described. Even in their head they could be telling 100% the truth. Because what you see as an issue and I see as an issue will vary. Perceptions and perspectives vary huge. This is the biggest reason I cannot buy a car sight unseen. I must see it with my eyes. because frankly, I don't really trust anyone with this stuff and if I were to write a check I have nobody to blame but myself.

I don't know why you're all fired up about this?! I'm sure the car will sell and probably sell close to asking because another buyer will be OK with the issues and fix them.
I guess I'm just too trusting and you have a point. I'm the same way, that's why I had to put eyes on it. Not fired up, just don't understand why some people are more worried about a cars online "reputation" instead of protecting other unsuspecting buyers ?
As I said before...no good deed...
Old 01-25-2018, 03:46 PM
FlyinTomato
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP is local to me, he's not a guy that would complain about a small scratch on the bumper. Plus OP asks the right questions, at least at the time that we were discussing about my car. also from what he had stated here.
He flew across the country to see the car. I think he deserves a honest presentation of the car. Which it wasn't based on OPs story.

He pointed out the cars condition here as he saw it, what's ruined in my opinion is the sellers reputation here on RL. Potential buyers will be extra cautious on inspecting this car out from now on.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:56 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyinTomato
OP is local to me, he's not a guy that would complain about a small scratch on the bumper. Plus OP asks the right questions, at least at the time that we were discussing about my car. also from what he had stated here.
He flew across the country to see the car. I think he deserves a honest presentation of the car. Which it wasn't based on OPs story.

He pointed out the cars condition here as he saw it, what's ruined in my opinion is the sellers reputation here on RL. Potential buyers will be extra cautious on inspecting this car out from now on.
Agreed. I have no problem with the "Buyer Beware" thread. Thank you to OP for warning the RL community. Hopefully this thread saves someone time/money.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:03 PM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

That ad has to be pretty dated. I live in Greenville and had been searching for a 964 since late 16'.

Don't let anyone know Ace Frehley retired in Greenville. Keep that one to yourself.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by dukmon
That ad has to be pretty dated. I live in Greenville and had been searching for a 964 since late 16'.
Don't let anyone know Ace Frehley retired in Greenville. Keep that one to yourself.
In the Feb 18 Panorama.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 119 Posts

You never mentioned you had to fly anywhere, lol.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:07 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT

Agreed. I have no problem with the "Buyer Beware" thread. Thank you to OP for warning the RL community. Hopefully this thread saves someone time/money.
Thank you, and thank you too Flyin Tomato. I was simply trying to help any future buyers be a bit more informed...not create an online pissing match.

Good sleuthing, that's the car. I never saved the ad but have this from when it was sold by the previous owner also on PCA:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Scan2.pdf (200.7 KB, 93 views)
Old 01-25-2018, 04:10 PM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
In the Feb 18 Panorama.

Ah. I thought previously someone said "was listed and no longer is" or some such.

I'm no longer looking for one myself, thank goodness.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:13 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

You never mentioned you had to fly anywhere, lol.
So ? It doesn't change the facts of the situation.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE- BLACK 1990 C2 COUPE