Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dan Whats Up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 01:15 PM
superjet.1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dan Whats Up?

Dan whats up ? I have been emailing you and calling every day whats the story? Listen i hate to air out the mess you putt me in here but you leave me no option. I loaned you my 951 you toasted the motor then promissed to fix it never did . Left it on the street in front of your house and it got towed its been sitting in the tow yard now has $2000 in fees looks like im never getting my car back. Grow some ***** and call me before this goes to court.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:42 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

I hope you guys had some type of Limited Partnership or contractual agreement drawn up, with provisions for this kind of situation. This could get messy. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:23 PM
2+2
Pro

Dang...talk about falling from grace...
What the heck happened to him that he leaves superjet hang out to dry. Must be the Yoko Ono syndrome...

Best of luck to you superjet. Hope everything works out.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:01 PM
'86 944 turbo
Burning Brakes

Which Dan are you talking about? We have many Dan's here. What happened to your car. I hope everything goes well.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:02 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Hey guys,

This is between Travis and Danno. Lets leave it there, and not speculate as to the why's and wherefores, nor get into posting insults about Danno's girlfriend, or anyone else.

Please. We have better things to talk about anyway. Like our cars, for example...

Regards,
Old 11-10-2003, 11:23 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

Sorry to say that but I don't think it's only between Travis and Danno. The question many have raised over the last months is: "Is Danno a jerk?"

One thing is for sure, he is not answering emails, there are outstanding orders (where he got the money for) and he has promised at least two people to finish their cars which he hasn't done (in Travis case with pretty bad results).

I am wondering why people are still trying to protect him, in this case sh944 ("This is between Travis and Danno").

I would like to issue a warning, especially for those who don't know which Dan Travis is refering to:

Dan is Danno,

www.gururacing.net

Don't send him any money, most likely you won't see it again.

Old 11-11-2003, 12:04 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm not protecting anyone. I just don't want this list to degenrate into a place where its acceptable to castigate people for their choice of girlfriend, or baseless name-calling. I make no claims for or against Danno, he can stand on his own merits. Its one thing to call someone out for non-performance or broken promises, it's another to "yoko" someone, and that has no place on this forum, in my opinion.

Regards,
Old 11-11-2003, 02:57 AM
Corleone
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have sent money to Danno in july, about $1200 for the Link 1 P&P box and I havn´t seen anything yet. He has answered som E-mails and in the last two he promised to ship my box. But nothing yet, and now it´s 4 weeks since the last mail. He has not answered after that one. Of course you think he is a nice guy and trust him when you read all the good things about him at the forums.
I give it a couple of weeks then I have a friend in CA who is an attorney and promised me to look at this.
If you can´t deliver, why don´t just say so and then you can choose to buy of another vendor.

Someone know anything of Danno, whats happening, where he is...
Old 11-11-2003, 09:24 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, man that really sucks about your car I dont really know what happened to danno....he was always such a nice guy, and was always so helpful with everyone.Not to mention helpful to guys like me.....who havent sent him any money....but, yet he still took the time to help me with some very technical questions.I hope everything works out....like i said before i dont really know whats happened to him.With all of the posts over these past few months...dare i say dont send him any more money.......its one thing to be a nice guy, but i think it is aparent that he is having money isuses.....
goodluck with your car...it doesnt look very good.I will all say a prayer tonight for you.

sincerly,
john
Old 11-11-2003, 10:14 AM
2+2
Pro

sh944,

Chill. Take a look at other posts on this board. There are plenty of them about other vendors, including SFR and Huntley. And they go down to that painter who kept on raising the price and the owner had to go to court, only to lose. This board is appropriate when, as superjet noted, a bonifide effort to resolve offline was made.

As to my Yoko comment, is it speculation? Of course. However, without a word from Dan, it's not that unreasonable to speculate considering all of a sudden, he was absent from this board and he has a new girl. Most of us know how much time relationships can consume. I'm happy for him in that respects and IF he found love like Lennon did, more power to him.

I just hope everything works out and like SFR and Huntley, GuruRacing will overcome current issues and become stronger.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:41 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This just keeps getting worse, add me to the list of people that Danno owes money to. I know some of you have seen my posts "Danno you have mail"

14 months ago I sent Danno $1150, preordering a Link 1 EFI, I've been trying for the last couple of months to have my money returned as I no longer want to wait and have been told twice that the money was going out this week.

I've been a big Danno supporter on Rennlist and never thought something like this would happen.

Danno, step up to the plate make things right for all of us and let's move on.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:42 PM
bdellis
Rennlist Member

Not one person in the forum should take anything personally? It’s a forum. If you post something about my girlfriend or mother for that matter I could care less. I probably would enjoy it!

The fact of the matter is that this forum is for sharing info. And the value of this thread is in the fact that there are problems with a vendor, not who is dating who? and speculation on why. That’s all assumptions and the only thing that matters here is the facts. The fact is there are several people unhappy with a very well spoken for vendor.
I was told by almost every member I contacted when I started modding my 951 that Guru chips and products for that matter were the way to go. At the time they were. Things change. There are other companies people can use. And I wish the best of luck to everyone who has outstanding orders. I personally feel like Danno (Dan) will take care of the outstanding items, but can make no promises for him. Those of you that have had problems have done the right thing by posting and letting everyone else know your situation. I would hope this all gets straight before any courts get involved.
Communication is key in any situation like this and Dan if you are reading this you need to contact these people and even if you can not deliver now at least keep in touch with them and work things out. I doubt anyone is going to take you to court if you are actively trying to work with them. Going to court is not cheap for either party and in the end will result in loss to anyone involved. Those of you with cars that will not run or problem post what’s wrong and what you need. Many of us have parts we can get to you if you are stuck until things get worked out.
For the time being use a proven vendor? And not one person has the right to say what you can or can not post. If you take offense to someone’s post you have your own set of problems.
I actually am glad Danno is not responding in these threads to these issues, but I hope he is or will respond personally to these people.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:56 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorrry fellas, i agree with sh944, this is a matter that should be resolved behind closed doors. People tend speculate about situations without knowing the whole story. If it is a problem with a business deal, then it needs to be solved in a business matter, not by bitching on an internet forum. When i was waiting for a part from Danno, and it didn't get shipped and didn't get shipped, i solved it in a business matter and didn't come on this board and start whining like a 14 year old girl. I understand everyone's frustration who is waiting on parts, but please take other means to solve your issues like these. I in no way am trying to bash any of you guys, i respect everyone on this board, i just call them as i see them.

Out

Karl
Old 11-11-2003, 01:24 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Gentlemen this is a story where someone has crossed the line from being irresponsible to being a crook.. There is no excuse for such a behavior both Travis and David have been more than patient, I am with both you. I would recommend to find legal avenues and proceed as soon as possible.
It is obvious that Travis, David and Corleone are the victims in this case and they have the right to express their sentiments and warn other people from making the mistake of purchasing from guru racing. I personally appreciate their boldness.
Let's try no to be hipocritical put yourself in Travis and David shoes, if you email someone constantly, leave phone messages and there is no respond and your car is sitting at the impound yard what would you do?

Regards,

Luis
Old 11-11-2003, 01:32 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Karl2bdc
Sorrry fellas, i agree with sh944, this is a matter that should be resolved behind closed doors. People tend speculate about situations without knowing the whole story. If it is a problem with a business deal, then it needs to be solved in a business matter, not by bitching on an internet forum. When i was waiting for a part from Danno, and it didn't get shipped and didn't get shipped, i solved it in a business matter and didn't come on this board and start whining like a 14 year old girl. I understand everyone's frustration who is waiting on parts, but please take other means to solve your issues like these. I in no way am trying to bash any of you guys, i respect everyone on this board, i just call them as i see them.

Out

Karl
I have been trying the direct with Danno method and it is not working !

14 months is long enough to wait IMHO !

I'm glad your issue was solved, mine is not !

Potiential customers on this board should be warned, if you buy from Guru might I suggest COD

Quick Reply: Dan Whats Up?