Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dan Whats Up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 01:38 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

David - just wondering, did you ever call him?
Old 11-11-2003, 01:39 PM
turbite
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Karl2bdc
Sorrry fellas, i agree with sh944, this is a matter that should be resolved behind closed doors. People tend speculate about situations without knowing the whole story. If it is a problem with a business deal, then it needs to be solved in a business matter, not by bitching on an internet forum. When i was waiting for a part from Danno, and it didn't get shipped and didn't get shipped, i solved it in a business matter and didn't come on this board and start whining like a 14 year old girl. I understand everyone's frustration who is waiting on parts, but please take other means to solve your issues like these. I in no way am trying to bash any of you guys, i respect everyone on this board, i just call them as i see them.

Out

Karl
I disagree. Maybe if you had posted your experiences with a vendor others might have avoided this whole mess. This forums is (in part) for evaluating vendors.
I believe the problem here is that Danno has been such a part of the community that its semi-personal.
I'm considering a couple upgrades which guru racing is an option. I need to know if people
are dissatisfied or not and why. It doesnt entirely matter if they are correct, just that they were dissatisfied.

That said, I'll throw in my two cents which I've stayed out of until this point.

Dan has helped me on multiple occasions before I ever bought anything from him. I bought some chips which he sent promptly, although he did not respond to email well.
I was also a bit worried that this is not his full time job. I don't believe anyone can be a tuner
of that size without atleast one full time worker.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:47 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

David-

I did what I had to do to get my Link System shipped after several months of lies from Dan: I had my lawyer write him a letter. That got the Link Box shipped almost instantly. If you do this, I am betting you will get either your product or your money back. Another route for you try is to call Neil at Performance Developments. He understands that as a vendor of PD's products, Dan is representing Neil, and in this case pretty badly. Neil is a stand up guy and I am sure will do everything he can to get the problem resolved.

I hope everything works out for you.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:48 PM
superjet.1
Pro

Angry GURU -DAN?

Believe me people ive tryed every way to get him to call me or email or smoke signal but to no avail. For those people with outstanding orders id call the better business bureau. For the rest of you im now offering chips and map kits that ARE in stock and other goddies just call travis at 1-661-294-0072. Im doing this because GURU is now dead to me ! IM here 9 to 5 every day except sunday. Thanks all and Dan i hope you can get your act togeather.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:59 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Travis, feel like telling us what caused the initial split of you two and i.e. GURU??? Unless it is a personal issue, then I would understand.

I guess what I am getting at is was the split because you saw some changes or problems back then? or are the problems a recent issue??

We all know that Danno, back in the day, was THE SH$T on this board for info and knowledge and experience of 951's. But, I say this as someone that has had nothing but great results with GURU products and service, he is obviously not on the board much and the high level of GURU business practices, from what I hear in the forum, are not there anymore. Something has obviously happend.

Maybe some personal or family issues, god forbid. In which case I am sure a lot of those in here would feel a little bad about some of the manors in which their complaints were made.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Corleone
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder why he asked for money so early when he knew that the product was not ready? If you (he) are a serious person you shouldn´t have to pay in advance.
I have also tried to solve this things in a more private way for a long time and outside this forum. I have mailed several times, I have tried to call him several times and I have once leaved a message at his machine. Nothing helped. I also respectfully told him if there are problem with the evaluation of the Link I can take my money back so I can get another "stand alone management". My car has been in the garage since May this year because of this. Not funny at all and in a couple of weeks the snow is here in Sweden. What to to?
Old 11-11-2003, 02:01 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by lart951

Let's try no to be hipocritical put yourself in Travis and David shoes, if you email someone constantly, leave phone messages and there is no respond and your car is sitting at the impound yard what would you do?

Regards,

Luis

Luis,

I would have taken legal action a long time ago. If i had paid with a credit card, (which is the only way you should be paying for something of that amount) i would have contacted the card company and disputed the charge, they would have taken care of it after that. You are protected against things like this with a credit card. I had a problem with another porsche vendor of who i will not mention, and after working on a double charge for 1 month with them,with no results, i let the credit card company handle it, which they did, and i got my money back. Sorry to hear about everyone's misfortune, I would be pissed too, but i highly doubt Danno will come on this post and say how he is shipping everyones product out tomorrow, etc. I am sorry to hear about the car blowing up, but was it completely danno's fault, or was he just the straw that finally broke the camel's back. Without all the information, some people sit here and say, damn don't give a car to danno, he will rod it around and treat it like **** till it blows up; then there are other people who say, man this guy's car must have been a piece of crap in horrible condition if he gave it to someone and it blew up just like that. Not that this is the case don't get me wrong, but can anyone see my point? Once again no one knows all the details, so the speculation will start i am sure. Hopefully you paid with a card so you can get your money back for the product. As far as the car in the impound lot goes, i guess a court will probably have to decide that, and that sucks for all parties involved. IMHO this should be done behind closed doors, and then if people ask for opinions on GURU on this board, then you say you have been waiting on a product for 5 years from them and never gotten them, people will get the hint just as well. I sincerely hope all you guys get everything worked out.

Out
Karl
Old 11-11-2003, 02:04 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Superjet, now your headed in the right direction.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:10 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Matt H
David - just wondering, did you ever call him?
Yes, left 2 messages, I did get an email responce that stated I was next in line for a refund and because of all the bad publicity he has refunded $10k.

I am still waiting.

I paid by credit card via PayPal, I guess I will check with them.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:17 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

I paid by credit card via PayPal, I guess I will check with them.
Paypal will only protect you up to 30 days after the day you sent the money. Your credit card will not refund any money paid to paypal. I had to find this trap out the hard way.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:26 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

Danno was always bad in answering emails or sending out stuff on time, let's face it. The first time I ordered from him was in July 2002 and it was always chewy, now it's solid. Travis, all the best to you, hope you learned from the mistakes in the past. But I must say, his chips rock!
Old 11-11-2003, 02:28 PM
superjet.1
Pro

Default MY car

No my car had a fresh rebuild and was running great he washed the cyclinders out adding way to much fuel . He told me he would take care of it i guess he did its gone for good. I splitt with him early on because i didnt agree in the way he was headed with the business thank god i was thanking clear then. Im in no way associated with Guru and havent been in a while. Im working with Performance Developments and will now be the exclusive distributor of all their 944- 951 parts fill free to call me im always here.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:58 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is sad to see. Can't someone in the area just drive over and ask what the situation is?
Old 11-11-2003, 03:08 PM
superjet.1
Pro

WHY? I guess i could camp on his porch but at this point why?
Old 11-11-2003, 03:18 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Travis, you guys have a website of parts and prices???

Quick Reply: Dan Whats Up?