Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Fed ex lost my 18x11 hollow spoke rim

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 11:05 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Fed ex lost my 18x11 hollow spoke rim

I'm not sure how many three wheeled Porsche's are out there but I know I needed four and got three. Fed ex confirmed four were shipped. How does a fed ex employee loose a 18x11 rim with a 295/30 tire on it? The rear tires had little life left so they weren't worth taking. And it was wrapped up to the other rear with the tracking number on it. The front rims and tires made it without a problem. Now my seller has to go thru the trouble to claim the Insuance from fed ex to replace the rim. Now I'll need to find a metal valve stem. So don't use fed ex if possible. They can't even keep a set of rims that are obviously a set together. That's a pricey rim too!
Old 02-22-2016, 02:12 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

the seller was a tard shipping the wheels on a box each.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:20 AM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Naw, it must have been needed to complete a "Man Cave" coffee table. I had 4 wheels and tires shipped from Ca. to Ga. by Greyhound bus, no problems.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 02-22-2016, 03:05 AM
AlphaOmegaPower
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My money is on they damaged it and someone stuck it over in salvage not saying a word.....
They can track where it went from 4 to 3. And the employee....
Old 02-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Well fed ex won't cover the losses due to the seller not packing them well enough. I guess 4" wide Saran Wrap doesn't hold 18x11" rims and tires together that well. Good thing I got them off eBay, they are going to step in if the seller doesn't pay and give me a total refund and send me a shipping tag to return them. I now have to waste more of my life dealing with this issue. If only every seller would pack items it's like Larts.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:12 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

What you need are some 3 pcs kinesis in your life
Old 02-27-2016, 10:22 AM
fwb42
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's all BS. They accepted the shipment, they owe you! How do they know it wasn't packed properly if they can't find it.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:38 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

Recently I had an order of a bunch of tape from 3M.
3M shipped a total of 20 boxes, that were strapped together in groups of 2 (so 10 pairs).
If you deal with shipping at all you know that plastic straps are pretty strong and they don't just come apart.

17 boxes arrived on time, and 3 that got loose somehow showed up 3 days later.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:12 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

FedEx has screwed me before too. Good luck dealing with their customer service, I had to call over a dozen times just to talk to someone who could put together basic English sentences.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:52 PM
snb13
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe this driver had it:
Old 02-27-2016, 11:11 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Oh yea! I just got the man of men at the Fed Ex escalation center in elPaso, TX. Mr. M.V. said he would have every dusty stone turned over at every Fed Ex location those rims were at, he said theirs no way that a huge rim and tire just disappeared. He said he's very exicited about this case. He sounded like he wanted to be a drill sergeant but didn't realy want to sign his life away, you know what I mean? I hope he's able to find it because I already set the car up for use with those rims. 86 rear offset 87 front offset. Longer lugs, steel lug nuts. Nine out of ten yards done for racing this 951. I don't want to have to biuld another rear end for the later offset but I may have to. Or just do it anyways. Those Kenisis are awesome Luis but my 8" front CS off and 928 that are super rare and my 9" CS would go on if I go back to the 87+ rear offset for racing. I have so many sets of late offset rims right now it's stupid. I can still use any of them with one of the three sets of 24mm spacers I have on my 951. But only for the street. Can't use spacers on the track. Gotta have the 1" past the steel lug nut showing for the track. Well I hope this man of men find this rim and tire. That's all I wanted in the first place. I'm mimicking the rear end look of this photo.

The only diference I have is my rear bumpers to chose from are the euro N/A(thin bumper pad style), fiberglass unit, or stock US bumper(super heavy). The one in the photo is the euro turbo/S2 rear bumper. And I have the turbo center conclaves caps.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone needs to understand it's not "Fedex's" fault. it's the dick who lost the wheel.

I've had a transport company fail to deliver something to me with 5 attempts. each attempt had said "failed to find address" when the address is quite clear marked on the factory with a huge sign. And the address on the package was correct. It's not the companies fault. It's the idiot of a driver.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:53 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Well it would be fed ex's fault for hiring and keeping that idiot right?
Old 02-28-2016, 10:08 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
Well it would be fed ex's fault for hiring and keeping that idiot right?
Yes and no. Like i said you cannot blame the company directly. If fedex catches someone in the act and keeps them. the company is at fault. if someone is at fault and fedex doesn't know about it, cannot blame fedex.

When you're hiring someone, how would you know if someone is going to start "miss placing" items.
You don't

If fedex refuse to take action. then they're also at fault.
If the person didn't package the items correctly. then they're also at fault by not following guidelines.

BTW I am a business owner, i know how it all works.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:41 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

My thought was why would fed ex except a supposedly poorly packaged item and the profesional at the fed ex counter insure it? If it was poorly packaged I would think that the pro's at the fed ex counter have seen enough packages to know better and said something. An example: USPS won't except any boxes if duct tape is used to seal it up. I'm sure this isn't the first set of rims and tires that were shipped from that location. And fed ex claims it was bad packaging after supposidly reviewing one photo that I provided to the seller. The last locations manager said he would look for them and would call me back 24-48 hrs later. Exactly 1 hour later I get a call from him stating he can't find it. That raised a red flag to me.

Quick Reply: Fed ex lost my 18x11 hollow spoke rim