Porche versus bike - CBR600

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chicks dig bikes!

Bikes can powerslide, same as cars.

Brian is right on basically every point. I will still take a number of bikes over almost any car built.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:08 PM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to agree with Brian, if you took the fastest 4 wheeled vehicle and the fastest 2 wheeled vehicle, and raced them on a race track, the 4 wheeled vehicle would win everytime! Maybe someone has hard data from some race tracks comparing cars versus bikes! I'm sure the truth is out there! Also you really have to have some big cojones to wring a superbike out, lap after lap, (with no room for error). Just my 0.02 cents
Old 10-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Luis - I'm setup for rain, snow, sleet, ice, whatever Mother Nature wants to try and dish out. I've ridden through ti all. Used to cart my downhill skis and gear up a 15mile canyon in Montana on the weekends for Ski Patrol on a bike.

If I want to have a nice chat with my fiance, we plug up the intercom ~ I can listen to CDs, MP3s, the radio (it dims when you speak), have hookups for CB, FRS/GMRS for bike to bike/car/truck. Most of the time the fiance is on her own bike though, sharing in my primary passion. We do use a cage for when we take our 'child' (a GSD/Husky mix) to the park/whatnot ~ but any cage will accomplish that.

I'm a little backwards from most... I see a motorcycle as a primary means of transportation and a car as the 'toy' that's expendable.

Anyway, most bikes get through the corners faster than cars because they push the limits more and have a basic working understanding of how to manuver. Most cage drivers (who do it to get from point A to B, and don't necessarily enjoy the process) suck at driving.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:26 PM
tecart
Pro

god id love for you guys with these bikes to be living around me cause i can get the guy who i sold my car to; who is a friend, to let me drive it again. And since he lives not too far away i will meet anyone under 1000 cc for some fun, i never got beat in any race that went past 110 mph in many years against many different bikes. I'm sure most of them were not modded and were stock but its not like i wont chalk up a street kill due to it being stock. Also no... many of these riders wont do wheelies after 80 mph, they'd get their *** handed to them, also thats unsafe and would only help them to lose ground in a race. How many bikes that dragrace do wheelies past 60 mph- none do and cant for the fact its unsafe and hurts speed/times, if it helps they wouldnt have wheelie bars onback. I also never ran a ninja zx-11 or bikes in that class, only slower 900cc and 600 cc and a few late 90,s 1000cc bikes, i dont think i would keep up with a zx-11 but i would not stray away from someone who envited me into a run. Alot has to do with the riders not being that good im sure but most of them are still running me at least to 95 percent of the bikes capabilities. I also never ran a ducatti or a turbobusa, im simply stating the fact that i raced alot of the common speed bikes on the road and won alot of the time. Im hopeing some of you know this as fact for those who have had 450hp in their 944 turbo but alot of you dont know this yet, good luck in your pursuits. P.S. I always thought of my cars capabilities by being compared to some of the bikes i ran against, this always let me know just how good of a car i had, mustangs and vetts and vipers were not a challange for me.

Last edited by tecart; 10-08-2003 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:48 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I agree that car vs. bike is a just an endless debate, as me and some buddies that are sport bike guys have finally agreed on that.

BUT, I even more strongly agree with comparing apples to apples. You can't really compare cars to bikes, except to measuere the level of engineering. i.e. hp per cubic inch(cc), hp per litre, hp per pound etc.

You should keep it as stock vs. stock, but our cars get hurt in that as we all know that 951's were DE TUNED from the factory. With a few hundred bucks for some chips you have min of 40-50 more hp. So we can split the difference and use turbo S.

Stock 951 S 2500cc - 250 hp = .1 hp per cc
Stock Suzuki TL 1000 (only cause I know the numbers on this bike and it is a little older in tech as our cars are WAY older in tech. Just trying to keep the apples to apples.)

Stock TL 1000 cc - 131 hp = .13 hp per cc
(dyno my buddy had done)

Old 10-07-2003, 06:03 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

WOW, what a coincidence.

Just downloaded a vid of a 993 racing an R1 from a rolling start in a high speed run and the 993 had about 2-3 car lengths on the bike most of the way then passing the camera had about 4 lenghts on it. I got it from Kazaa, but it shows this link on the footage. http://www.max-tuning.com

But the site is in Israel, not in english. Do a search on Kazaa for porsche r1.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Matt H
Race Director

ToddK911, that would be Yiddish.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:52 PM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

You can only download from that site if you're a member. What's the name of the movie?

Edit: I think I found it, but the server is slowwwwwwwwwww. Right click to save.

993 vs R1

Last edited by rhesus; 10-07-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:56 AM
86944turbo
Racer

650 cc bikes run in the 10's for the qtr. mile. Honda is tired of Suzuki spanking them w/the 1000 cc GSXR? The Suxuki is by most all accounts very, very quick. Something like mid 9's in the qtr. at 150 mph. That's 0-150 in less than 10 sec. If the rider is semi-competant anything above 500 cc will spank any factory car through the qtr. 650cc bikes are well above 130 through the traps. I've tangled with a few. Ranging from 500-1000cc's. Both on the twisties (where I have a better chance due to gravel, etc.) and on freeway. With a good rider (brave and talented) the 1L bikes are gone. But, when they look back, I can see they're genuinely surprised. Most all give thumbs up. And, to their credit, nothing above 130. 500-650, or so cc. bikes have been close (all from 70 or 80). The twist of a bike throttle is like turning on a lamp. It is incredibly responsive. Almost electric! It depends on the bike, rider, speed etc. I realize they should always spank me, but what I believe what happens is, they don't drop to the right gear, or believe it's gonna be easier than it is and fall back. I KNOW they can beat me, they don't. Often, we talk after and it's usually the surprising accel. New 650cc/w determined rider. Their numbers speak for themselves. I don't have a chance until 80-100, maybe later. I never tangle directly alongside or behind, as I own/ride a bike and would never attempt to intimidate or endanger. Besides, Valentino Rossi is one of my hero's. Along with Kenny, Kevin, Nick, Freddie, etc.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:34 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can anyone enlighten me as to what kind of car "tecart" is driving? Don't remember hearing of him before. sounds quick.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Matt H
Race Director

I weight about 275 and rode a 'busa to a 9.42 @ over 150. With a smaller rider (if they could keep the front wheel down, I know I rode the wheel stand almost the entire length) it could go a little quicker.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:49 AM
xtrc
Banned

Scares me sometimes when this forum starts to sound like "civicracing.com". Please let's keep the board mature and credible. Tecart if you like science fiction
that's great, but don't try to sell all that bs here; "I race an enzo in my pinto and won! PLZZZZZZ. Not unless you are superman of have a JATO attached to your car.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:52 AM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tecart
god id love for you guys with these bikes to be living around me cause i can get the guy who i sold my car to; who is a friend, to let me drive it again. And since he lives not too far away i will meet anyone under 1000 cc for some fun
Woohoo! Does my 998cc fall under that challege? How far "west" in New York are you?
Old 10-08-2003, 02:33 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

tecart,
You're killing me with your posts. PLEASE use capitals with some sentance structure. I can't get half way through that last post without getting a headache. Paragraphs would be good too.

I'm not trying to be mean or flame; just real.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Matt H
I weight about 275 and rode a 'busa to a 9.42 @ over 150. With a smaller rider (if they could keep the front wheel down, I know I rode the wheel stand almost the entire length) it could go a little quicker.
Matt - actually heavier guys tend to wheelie more on higher HP bike.. lighter guys just spin the rear wheel. It has to do with CoG and weight shift. My skinnish (175lb) friend can like up the tire of my ZRX all day long at any speed, but he says it's a challange to get it up on the back wheel. It stands right up on the wheel for me (I'm 260), but it takes a LOT of effort to get the wheel to spin (while in motion mind you.. I like to do 80mph burnouts when ricers are near.. :P Squid! er, actually more of a hoolagin).

Quick Reply: Porche versus bike - CBR600