Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WTB: 951 3" Downpipe & 3" exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015 | 12:20 PM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: 951 3" Downpipe & 3" exhaust

Anyone selling a 951 3" downpipe and 3" exhaust? V-Band would be nice, but I am flexible
Old 08-18-2015 | 03:52 PM
ksui951
Advanced

Default I WILL BE FOLLOWING YOUR POST

THAT WILL BE MY NEXT PROJECT... I HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF IT ..
MIGHT HAVE TO WORK EXTRA DAY'S ..........
Old 08-18-2015 | 08:58 PM
fiily
Pro

Originally Posted by ksui951
THAT WILL BE MY NEXT PROJECT... I HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF IT ..
MIGHT HAVE TO WORK EXTRA DAY'S ..........
I've been saving for a while, got the car sorted with no leaks/nice and dry in the garage, new tb/bs belts, water pump, 15 new rad.hoses, pad, rotors, vacuum lines, resealed the the front engine. Now it's time to get some go fast goodies and see what she's really made of! Going to do the motor mounts, and hopefully replace the exahust and suspension over the winter.

I tried SFR and it seems you cannot order online? Call-in only?

How's SFR's quality of late, from what I have read in post/threads either it's hit or miss.
Old 08-18-2015 | 10:44 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have fabspeed - expensive but top notch. The sound alone is worth it. And when you swap out the sport cat for track driving. ... sublime. Whatever you get, make sure it is set up for swapping the cat in and out. Mine is easily done in 15 mins.
Old 08-18-2015 | 10:56 PM
mdj577
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 76 Posts

Got a 3" Fabspeed full exhaust and cat delete about a year ago. Review here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...st-review.html

Still happy with it. Looks great and sounds great. If you can spend the money you'll be happy with the result.
Old 08-18-2015 | 11:02 PM
E-man930
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fabspeed = made in China. Sorry but I support the local USA guys making stuff here. I have a full Broadfoot system on my car that Albert made.
Old 08-19-2015 | 12:38 AM
raleighBahn
Pro

No problem with that (honestly i don't know where it was made). Very happy with the product, would buy again with my money. I do have to ask - you're on a german car forum - same guys we fought two world wars with and rampaged over europe. If you're going all american, you have plenty of solid domestic choices for automobiles. What's the story? Are you waving the stars and bars for exhaust, but goose stepping to the beat of a different drummer for cars? I'm not judging (don't know you) - I expect there is a nuanced answer.
Old 08-19-2015 | 08:21 AM
mdj577
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by E-man930
Fabspeed = made in China. Sorry but I support the local USA guys making stuff here. I have a full Broadfoot system on my car that Albert made.

Supporting US business is usually a good thing. But that comment does sound a bit odd. E-man930, take a look around at all your belongings. My guess is that you have bought a few things made in China before.
Old 08-19-2015 | 11:07 AM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Since when is Fabspeed made in China? Just curious. Pretty sure mine was made here, but I could be wrong.

I have the Fabspeed system too and it is very nice. Some of my 'V8' friends have asked if I put one in (but anyone with a keen ear can tell the difference). Plenty of reviews for both the 3" and Fabspeed systems on here. In terms of performance, it's definitely one of the best/first mods to make.
Old 08-19-2015 | 01:04 PM
Porvair
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How does Linsdey Racing 3" compare vs Fabspeed? I realize that it is not SS and therefore not apples to apples vs a the full SS systems, but it quite a bit less $
Old 08-19-2015 | 04:55 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Originally Posted by Porvair
How does Linsdey Racing 3" compare vs Fabspeed? I realize that it is not SS and therefore not apples to apples vs a the full SS systems, but it quite a bit less $
Lindsey's stainless option is Fabspeed (I sourced most of the system through Lindsey, except the turbo down pipe which I ordered earlier), and the other is their in-house offering, which I have read is excellent as well. I suspect the decision tree first involves if you want stainless or not.

The Fabspeed assertion, as I understand it, is primarily about where the steel and materials are sourced. Their raw material supply chain is global. Steel is a commodity like a barrel of wheat - as a commodity, the difference between sourcing from one place over another is price. Companies source commodity at best market price, and then add value with skilled craftsmen to turn it into a product. The other side of the coin is scale - if you offer numerous products to many customers, you may need a lot of material suppliers in order to support demand. Is it good that a company tries to source local commodity? In principle, yes, provided you get a cost advantage - ie you would expect a pound of steel to be cheaper here than in Asia, because the steel here doesn't need to travel half way around the world. If it is more expensive, you're losing money that supports local salaries, new product development, cash flow, and ongoing product support.

I can't give any product comparison on the other alternatives as I haven't personally used any other exhaust systems - I can only relay feedback on the product I'm familiar with. Fit and finish - excellent. Time from order to delivery - excellent. Sounds great, unlocked horsepower, and the sport cat and bypass are easy to swap as advertised. Definitely I would expect Lindsey's in-house exhaust to be top notch - if based on nothing else other than being a company I have found to be very easy to deal with, high domain knowledge, and good customer service. Given how small the 944 aftermarket is, I have to believe that almost any vendor with a long tenure is still here for a reason (good products and support).

Old 08-19-2015 | 07:59 PM
E-man930
Banned

My point is Broadfoot is the best bang for the buck, its 321 stainless, and made here.
Old 08-19-2015 | 08:24 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Originally Posted by E-man930
My point is Broadfoot is the best bang for the buck, its 321 stainless, and made here.
Boom - much better review and fair enough!
Old 08-19-2015 | 10:03 PM
fiily
Pro

Default Price configured w/321 stainless steel polished via BroadFoot Racing

$650 - cat back
$225 - wastegate outlet pipe
$950 - bypass pipe only?
$65 - bung
$410 - 3" downpipe
$150 - Gaskets

Is that right $2450? That is the 3" DP and 3" SS Exhaust w/Bypass , WG outlet pipe, and cat-back exhaust?

Last edited by fiily; 04-19-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2015 | 10:28 PM
E-man930
Banned

No their site is outdated on price (Call and speak with Kelli). And let's compare apples to apples. Cat delete + muffler and hardware.

Quick Reply: WTB: 951 3" Downpipe & 3" exhaust