Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WTB: 951 3" Downpipe & 3" exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015 | 10:48 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

If you all want to get technical, about 95% of all the metal and aluminum comes from China to the rest of the world. This is because almost the whole world sends there metal to China for recycling, they melt it down, make whatever is called for(hot roll, cold roll, hardened, chromed, you name it they make it). Then they ship it back to the rest of the world, including the USA(realistically about 95%of our metal comes back in bars 24' long all differant sizes) and we fabricate it to our needs. This I learned from working a Sierra hydrolics (a custom fabricator for hydrolics pistons). Even some of the metal that our Porsches are made of came from recycled metal from China. Paying for labor to fabricate the metal is a different story.
And fabspeed is a very nice ss exhaust. However broadfoot makes a very nice setup that is very similar to fabspeed 304ss but they add cool items at a cost such as the v band claps to remove the exhaust very easily. And they use 1/2" flanges that don't warp on there headers. That is a plus. Lindsey would work great but I would get it ceramic coated, for one its not ss so looks are not as awesome
as ss, and ceramic coating will help keep the heat in the exaust so the gasses don't slow down on the way out the pipe due to cooling.
Personally I am looking at getting the broadfoot headers and LR big flow 4" with down pipe ceramic coated when I get the funds. Ceramic Coating is a very very good idea!!!
Old 08-19-2015 | 11:05 PM
mdj577
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by E-man930
My point is Broadfoot is the best bang for the buck, its 321 stainless, and made here.

OK. I can get behind that statement.

Quick Reply: WTB: 951 3" Downpipe & 3" exhaust