Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Damaged 968 Block

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 04:35 AM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OT: Lart,

This is why we "get along" well. Want to sell the SFR stuff I sent you picts prior to "your" rising past Sunday?

G

Originally Posted by lart951
If I recall correctly it was a head that I sold to you over 10 years ago when you used to hang around with your buddy special tool, and the issue wasn't about shipping, it was a piece of ceramic missing that I didn't see or your genius dad who couldn't put a hoist together might have damaged by cleaning the ceramics ports with a screwdriver to remove carbon built up, but what are you crying about? it was refunded and since them I have yet to sell another item to you, i have policy at larts see the pict
Old 04-08-2015, 08:26 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

A good aftermarket ECU gets you virtually total and unlimited control over your motor. Combine this with full sequential ign and some decent coils and you have made some other gains too. Having said that, you can buy a decent kit from Vitesse or Rogue and still have a great performing motor at a lesser cost.

I'd do a bit of research before making your decision. Sometimes it's better to spend more now than later.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Player0
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, no rush on the engine management really. I've got Rogue's M-Tune and the ECU which I figure is as good as you can get 'stock'. Can always do those upgrades later. For now, I'll just be happy if I can make this thing turn over, since I'm a complete novice.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:05 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 654 Likes on 508 Posts

UPS has twice damaged shipments of mine (for work) so I am working out claims with them as well.
It's not the drivers - it's the intermediary warehouse workers, they are always in a rush to load/unload trucks (their pay raise is contingent on their "time score" or how much work they get done in a shift).

One of my shipments was a $120 roll of specialty tape...the other was $20k worth of aviation fibreglass.

Good luck with the build.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Player0
Rennlist Member

Yeah, my driver picked up the engine box by hand, carried it up to my porch and set it down on the carpeting. Wife gave him some left over Easter candy
Old 04-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Player0
Rennlist Member

I should mention that I did not pick that sucker up. I dragged it by the flaps like the big strong man that I am, laid it down and slid it out lol
Old 04-09-2015, 10:03 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since this thread has derailed a bit, I'll throw this out.

Hey Luis, What about the time you sent me a part in a plain old envelope like most people use to send a letter. No packaging, no protection of any kind????????

What about that, huh???? huh??????

For the rest of you, I am just giving Luis a hard time. The rest of the story is it was a single C-clip for a piston. It showed up in perfect shape and did not need any packaging. The biggest part of the story(for me) is that I called and asked him if he had any of them available and he said he would check and get back to me.
He never called me back, it just showed up at my house. I hope it doesn't ruin his business to tell you how much he charged me for it. $0.00-zip-nada
That is a nice guy right there. Thanks Luis.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:32 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Thank you Eric, I apologize for being so rude in answering to Reno, but this was the 3rd time recently that he had mentioned the head issue like if I had never refunded him. I have yet to hear a single lister to accuse me of fraud, being late to answer yes, slow in shipping NO. Scamming some never

Originally Posted by azbanks

Hey Luis, What about the time you sent me a part in a plain old envelope like most people use to send a letter. No packaging, no protection of any kind????????

For the rest of you, I am just giving Luis a hard time. The rest of the story is it was a single C-clip for a piston. It showed up in perfect shape and did not need any packaging. The biggest part of the story(for me) is that I called and asked him if he had any of them available and he said he would check and get back to me.
He never called me back, it just showed up at my house. I hope it doesn't ruin his business to tell you how much he charged me for it. $0.00-zip-nada
Old 04-09-2015, 11:34 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by azbanks

I bet Luis has sent me at least 2 free parts for every part I've paid for... He's like Harbor Freight and their free tool coupons...

Quick Reply: Damaged 968 Block