Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Any interest in a used 968 head, complete with cams?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 09:42 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Jay offered for a price that Lart was the 1st to agree on. There is nothing to discuss. What am I missing here??
Old 03-07-2015, 12:13 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Jay offered for a price that Lart was the 1st to agree on. There is nothing to discuss. What am I missing here??
Agreed
Old 03-07-2015, 01:10 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Apparently, some here feel it's ok to try to steal a deal via backdoor when it was publicly agreed upon. Am I the only one who has an issue with this. Is this how we behave with other members? Or just because Lart is a vendor, all bets are off?
I for one still consider him one of us who has helped plenty with parts for 10% of actual cost.
If the nature of securing the deal is actually to help Jay, how about letting him put it back on the market for a "fair" price and let the market dictate its value.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:56 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I completely agree with what happened. It was super fair. This is how stuff is done on rennlist fair and square. I buy steals like that on here and in returned i give people steals on here as well. I also offer people help and software on here for free.

The thing that sucks is that Lart bought it to profit from it which is fine, but i know people on here in the community could have really benefited from this great deal. Personally i do not like to profit from the rennlist community. I have gottten in trouble because other members have reported me for helping members out with certain things. Many of us of live outside of rennlist so not many people can get see if there are great deals like this all the time. People cant be mad at Lart, he is great at what he does. It sucks i know, but hey......
Old 03-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Folks - I truly appreciate all of your comments and did not mean to create a controversy within this community with this topic and my naivity regarding values and prices for items used with these cars.

Lart is a supplier and a businessman who supports this community. While I've never done business with Lart until now, I'm sure he is a fair man when it comes to serving the members of this community.

I hope that we can now move forward and continue to offer support to each other in our quest in achieving our desired.

Quick Reply: Any interest in a used 968 head, complete with cams?